Old 05-20-2012, 08:06 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 7"

Default My coach......

I just need to vent a bit. I get the impression that where i participate in IP, these coaches have never had a weight problem. It's very impersonal. I walk in, she looks at the file to see my name. We walk in the room I get on the scale then she looks at my journal (glances more like it). She never asks me about how I'm feeling or problems I may be having, not to mention she looks about 20 (sorry, no offense to you younger ones out there) They all are very young. The few questions I did have she didn't have any answers to (such as changes in TOM, mood swings, etc...).
My coach should be just that, a C O A C H. I lost 4 lbs last week and actually left feeling worse than when I went in there. I think it may be better to just do it on my own, but the weekly meeting keeps me accountable.

Anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions? It's the one downfall to IP for me.
angien03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:11 PM   #2  
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP

S/C/G: 149/146/115

Height: 5'3

I don't have a coach because we don't have a clinic here. The guy who sells the products to me is my "coach" because he does have some answers but I don't really call him too much.

This site is what has helped me answer any question I've had tbh, and I'm doing fine like that.
paulimapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:23 PM   #3  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by angien03 View Post
I just need to vent a bit. I get the impression that where i participate in IP, these coaches have never had a weight problem. It's very impersonal. I walk in, she looks at the file to see my name. We walk in the room I get on the scale then she looks at my journal (glances more like it). She never asks me about how I'm feeling or problems I may be having, not to mention she looks about 20 (sorry, no offense to you younger ones out there) They all are very young. The few questions I did have she didn't have any answers to (such as changes in TOM, mood swings, etc...).
My coach should be just that, a C O A C H. I lost 4 lbs last week and actually left feeling worse than when I went in there. I think it may be better to just do it on my own, but the weekly meeting keeps me accountable.

Anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions? It's the one downfall to IP for me.
Angie,
You are not alone, unfortunately.

My coach was not 20. She stated on the program, but the last meeting I had with her (I quit about 6 weeks ago), she said she cheated all the time and the laughed about it. But, when I only lost 2 pounds, she accused me of cheating. That happened a lot, as most every week, I only lost 2 pounds (I'm in my early 60s, post menopausal and have some health issues with water retention - I'm not going to lose much faster). I couldn't handle being demoralized all the time. Oh yeah, she highly disliked this forum. She felt it was very destructive to someone on the program.

The forum can be your weekly accountability. Weigh each week. Report in to us. Ask us those questions you can't get answers for. The people on here are a wealth of knowledge and more than willing to help in every way they can. Those of us who've been on the program for awhile probably have experienced what you're wondering about or being bothered by.

It's unfortunate Ideal Protein doesn't monitor those who administer the program. It's such a great program. I would really encourage you to think about using the forum as your coach. Please don't give up and don't stay discouraged.

We're all here to help each other.
Molly
WingnutandMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Angie,
You are not alone, unfortunately.

My coach was not 20. She stated on the program, but the last meeting I had with her (I quit about 6 weeks ago), she said she cheated all the time and the laughed about it. But, when I only lost 2 pounds, she accused me of cheating. That happened a lot, as most every week, I only lost 2 pounds (I'm in my early 60s, post menopausal and have some health issues with water retention - I'm not going to lose much faster). I couldn't handle being demoralized all the time. Oh yeah, she highly disliked this forum. She felt it was very destructive to someone on the program.

The forum can be your weekly accountability. Weigh each week. Report in to us. Ask us those questions you can't get answers for. The people on here are a wealth of knowledge and more than willing to help in every way they can. Those of us who've been on the program for awhile probably have experienced what you're wondering about or being bothered by.

It's unfortunate Ideal Protein doesn't monitor those who administer the program. It's such a great program. I would really encourage you to think about using the forum as your coach. Please don't give up and don't stay discouraged.

We're all here to help each other.
Molly
Molly - No one could have said it better, this forum is awesome for info, support, and anything you can think to use it for. I am fortunate that I have great coaches, they have all been on IP and understand and are more than willing to help. I can call them anytime during business hours with questions, but haven't really had to because I am always on here getting my info. I don't post alot but am always lurking.... It is sad that some coaches don't really try to understand what they are selling.... Keep coming to this site and you can't go wrong with all the great support here
Diana B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 320/305/250

Height: 5'1"

This is also my first week and the most helpful thing has been this forum. My coach actually suggested coming out here because of all of the great information!
ShrinkingSusan30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:25 AM   #6  
On IP since 04/29/12

S/C/G: 228/187/135

It's too bad your coach isn't of better support. I agree that you could use this forum for accountability. I find it truly inspiring to visit the forum and on days that I need to vent, I feel like people know what I'm going through.

I'm lucky, I have a good coach and she agreed to continue seeing me even though I now follow the program 1/4 IP 3/4 Alternatives. She's been on the program and knows what she is talking about.
Aud007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:06 AM   #7  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Morning! From what I can tell, the best coaches (personality wise) are all RIGHT HERE! Between Wuv and everyone it's just such a supportive group, and if you want to stay accountable, join the challenges, we put in our weights every week, come h*ll or high water and all see it, it's out there just in black and white. I'm kind of glad I have everyone here instead of a coach, there's no berating, tons of support, and a VAST amount of knowledge floating around out here.
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:55 AM   #8  
ND girl

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by angien03 View Post

Go out to the Ideal Protein website and send them an email stating the bad service that you have received. They can't fix it if they don't know about it. They take complaints very seriously and strive to maintain a standard of care and integrity. Without dieters speaking up nothing can be fixed. The clinics need to be held to a standard that the company sets.
redhead14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #9  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I agree with Red, send them an email. I have said this before to others whom have had bad coaches. They can't fix it if they don't know its broke!. Everyone should leave their clinic smiling and feeling great about themselves, Just like you do here. It should be a positive experience/journey not one that you dread.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:07 PM   #10  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

I believe Molly hit the nail on the head. I've had a great experience with my coaches and clinic. Even just the 20 min one on one has helped me. The women running my clinic are all very fit but have all used IP to loose some weight, not sure on every ones stats, it's not really my business but I know one of the ladies lost 70# so that is real enough for me. But if you're not getting what you need there this place is, as you know, WONDERFUL.

Just little things from my coach like looking at my food journal and making suggestions and the first visit I had when the coach told me about alternatives phase 1 with Regular food. The alt. phase 1 plan and my coach telling me (at 470#) that I needed 5 packets and up to 7 a day if necessary was a HUGE thing for me. I never would have made it on 3 packets a day and with out the Alt. Phase 1 plan. But I've been doing pretty well and the coaching has made a big difference. I have Never stuck with a diet this long, done this well and been this motivated. Boot Camp worked but used pain and fear as motovatiors. I was a "Fat Body" and on the "Fat Body" "Diet Tray Plan" it sucked. I used to go to bed dreaming of food. The guys who bunked around me used to ask what was for dinner tonight and I would go on and on for a few min. That was fun but once I got out I lived those dreams way to often. I think that's one of the reasons I never maintained that weight loss. Too much negative reinforcement.

Molly you don't look a day over 30! It is your mischievous smile.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:09 PM   #11  

Thanks everyone!! More support here in 24 hours than in a whole month at my clinic. They have some rules for those that "drop out", although I would not be dropping out, just going at it on my own. And I agree, even on weeks my loss is not as great, I should never leave there feeling defeated. i will give it one more try (maybe). But as far as IP, I'm all in.. coach or no coach.

Thanks again
Old 05-21-2012, 09:13 PM   #12  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Angie

Can you ask for a new coach. It is a business and you're a paying customer I would think they'd want to keep your business by helping you/keeping you happy.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Angie

Can you ask for a new coach. It is a business and you're a paying customer I would think they'd want to keep your business by helping you/keeping you happy.
Hi!

I think I probably could, but honestly, where I go, they are so swamped with IP appointments that they are just trying to get people in and out. They have so much volume, i think they don't have time to devote personal attention. The info seminars are booked out I think 2 months..... When I called them and told them I was ready to start IP they tried to put me off for a couple of months which I thought was a little strange (they should get people in when they are motivated). If you have a great coach, and it sounds like you do I am truly happy for you!! And congrats on your success!
Old 05-21-2012, 09:23 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead14 View Post
Go out to the Ideal Protein website and send them an email stating the bad service that you have received. They can't fix it if they don't know about it. They take complaints very seriously and strive to maintain a standard of care and integrity. Without dieters speaking up nothing can be fixed. The clinics need to be held to a standard that the company sets.

That's a great idea. As a business owner myself, constructive criticism should always be welcomed. I don't even think it is bad service, just coaches that are not informed. And I totally agree about holding everyone to the same standard. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 05-23-2012, 09:11 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 220 / see ticker / 140

Height: 5'4"

So can we take one more coach complaint? At my center they bounce you around from one coach to the next no real consistency. This DOES affect the measurements - I can tell that the coach from last week pulled that tape much tighter than the one from this week. That in itself isn't a big deal I look at the measurements more long term anyway ... but it is hard to get comfortable when you are talking to someone new every week. Do most of you see the same coach each time you go? I may call tomorrow and see if I can specifically request a particular coach but I just wanted to get a feel for how it was done at other centers.
Cole3 is offline   Reply With Quote