Old 05-21-2012, 09:46 AM   #1  

Default Simply filling/Core Chat: May 21-27

new pages
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:27 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone...

The new dog kept me up last night. He has been sleeping great so maybe he wasn't feeling good. At 4 am I left him outside finally in the small fence & garage and got some sleep. He behaved and didn't chew anything up in the
area he was in !!

Down 2 lbs , just enough to make my weight tracker honest ..Trying to think of
wheat free recipes I could fix and freeze portions..Also want to learn to make chicken that would be similar to Rotisserie chicken..Maybe just buying one each week would be best..

My oldest son will be home either tonight or in the morning for a few days..He has a serious girl now and I want to know more !! He will have his dog so it will be a zoo with the 2 dogs..

I have a long list of little projects around the house this week and high hopes of getting lots done..My son can help with a few things too.. After a bit more work here at the house I want to go see some relatives in Ga & Ohio..After that I am running out of excuses for not going to work..

I had an idea..When I am sitting here at night bored why don't I babysit for some friends that have babies..I adore babies and could just do it occasionally. I went back to my church yesterday and enjoyed it ..I could work in the nursery like I used to and would meet people I know with babies..When most people leave tiny ones with a sitter they don't want an inexperienced teen..

Last edited by nancy237; 05-21-2012 at 06:38 PM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #3  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Oh my goodness !!!Sorry for being MIA yesterday,I guess I had a lot on my mind and simply forgot to post..

Mary & I didn't go to the movies,as her family was down to the Cape and I had to get my toiletries in order and counted for. The stuff I didn't have I bought today.I got an adopter that changes from USA to European this morning. I also picked up another camera battery. Don't have to ask for Euros as we found out that Medjugorji is a little more accommodating to Americans that most of all shops now take dollars and will give back Amer dollars in change if you give them low denominators such as 20,10 5 & 1.So that what we are doing. I'm still bring $300-500 but I only breaking down 200 in lower denominations.

PAM-Thanks for the new pages.

NANCY-Congrats on losing 2 lbs. I somehow are going in the wrong direction,but I think with all the running around my adrenaline is running on high.So when I get back home I try low carbing again. Your new dog will get used to his new home,and you'll be able to find your ZZZZZZZZ's again. I'm sure the two dogs will get along,and not fighting will be present.but just in case I sure your son will be able to control them.

Have to go,and get started on packing my newly purchase toiletries in zip loc bag and than other things in sandwich bags.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Nancy, baby sitting sounds like a great idea. I'm sure some parents would be very appreciative.

I like that chicken also and normally buy one. But, the other day I read the ingredients and am re-thinking it. Why there has to be junk in the food is beyond me. I have a clay baker and sometimes cook organic chicken in it, and it is very tender and healthy.

Good luck with the zoo these next few days.

Maryann, that's good news about the money situation. It's fun to plan for a big trip, and I hope you are really enjoying it.

I got back on the elliptical today after a few weeks of not doing it. I don't why I let it go from time to time. I feel so much better when I am exercising with it. My right hip has been giving me fits, and I'm beginning to believe this is all connected to the toe joint problems. But, it doesn't hurt on the elliptical so that's good.

I asked my trainer today just to do the old-fashioned free weights that we haven't done for awhile. I was curious to see if I had lost strength while we were doing other kinds of exercises. Not only have I not lost strength, I could lift heavier weights today. Superwoman

Last edited by Tejas; 05-21-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

Pam, thank you for the new pages. I love your photo!!!

Nancy, babysitting sounds like something you'd enjoy. I am positive parents would enjoy it, too. (So would the babies.)

Maryann, you sound busy.

Rhonda, Superwoman!!! I love it! I'm glad you're able to do the elliptical. Sounds like you enjoy it.

We took our company to the airport this morning. The time they were here went by like a whirlwind. We all had a great time.

I am subbing the next 2 days. These will prob be my last of this school year. I'll miss it but will put more time into my training.

Night night, everyone.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:14 PM   #6  

Sandra, glad to hear you had a good time! Sorry to hear that you have to go right into subbing, but at least it's only for a few days.

'night all!
Old 05-22-2012, 07:39 AM   #7  

Good morning chicks.

Sandra, last week was the end of the school year here. Sounds like you had a great visit with your friends.

Rhonda, please come and give me a kick in the butt. I am so lazy when it comes to exercising.

Maryann, glad you got your blinds up. We will miss you while you are gone.

Nancy, what happened to that other dog you had. What did you name your new puppy? Enjoy your visit with your son.

Hey Vickie and sloan.

I held my own while visiting my granddaughter. Weight stayed the same. I'm going to make a butternut squash lasagna today. Hope it's good.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:57 AM   #8  

Pam, great new picture.

Today is Vickie's birthday Vickie!

I am a member of Ancestry.com and just reconnected with a first cousin I had lost track of. I was born late into my family and all of my first cousins are much older than I am and I didn't know them well. She isn't far away, and her granddaughter lives only 30-45 minutes from me. It's very exciting!
Old 05-22-2012, 10:43 AM   #9  
focused and aiming

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, VICKIE !! Enjoy your day. Enjoy every minute!

Good morning, Chickies. I am having a super easy day. Right now I am "classless" until after 10. We're watching a video all day to go with their unit on gods and goddesses. Easy day! I'm driving straight to WW afterwards. I really don't want to wi as I normally weigh before bfast. I don't think they will require me to weigh. I need the meeting. I don't think I gained this past weekend, but I do know I weigh more in the PM than AM.

Pam, congrats on not gaining while visiting with your grand. That's an accomplishment for sure.

Rhonda, that's neat about reconnecting with your cousin. That's what we did with ya'll. Wonderful!

I'm sitting here eating fresh cherries. I'm tired. It's good this is an easy day. Tomorrow should be, too. These will be my last subbings for this schoolyear.

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #10  
beachbum

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VICKIE

Hi Ladies

I'm POOPED!!! and its only 12noon. Had to go to the bank and exchange my larger bills into smaller one and now I'm doing my wash.This afternoon I going to my orthopedic doctor for a cortisone shot in my hip as its bothering me off and on since Sunday. I also having pain in my bad knee,but I think that's just because the weather is damp.

Quote:
Maryann, that's good news about the money situation. It's fun to plan for a big trip, and I hope you are really enjoying it.
RHONDA-OH I so happy about that,even tho some people are telling me to buy some Euros just in case. Thanks I'll try to

Quote:
Maryann, you sound busy.
SANDRA-Very busy hope I don't forget important stuff.

Quote:
Maryann, glad you got your blinds up. We will miss you while you are gone
PAM-What a difference the new blinds make .Thanks I'm going to miss you guys also.I like your new avatar, you got an new hair style I going to have mind down tomorrow afternoon.

Have to go and get ready for the doctor

beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:09 AM   #11  

Just getting to bed at 4 am after a perfect day with oldest son and grandson.
Shopping,eating out,washing car,bonfire,swimming,playing with the dog & learning to play chess..

Pam..the dog I rescued at Thanksgiving went to a great home. I got him
vetted, neutered & in better shape . He wasn't the right temperment for
me but he is doing great at his new home. This new dog is a hoot. Today I mowed with the riding lawn mower and he follewed the John Deer for 20 minutes...around & around..He is still insecure about being outside alone, but
doing better with that. I am going to train him to our invisible fence next week.
Then he will have 3 acres to play in.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:29 AM   #12  

I'm up, and so is my right foot. I sprained my ankle, badly, last night while working in the yard. I knew yard work wasn't my thing

Thank goodness, DH has serious pain medication. I took some and am now up to have something to eat and take MORE!

I've sprained the same ankle before about 12 years ago when I missed the bottom step on a staircase. It's going to slow down my working out and tap dancing!
Old 05-23-2012, 04:39 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas View Post
I'm up, and so is my right foot. I sprained my ankle, badly, last night while working in the yard. I knew yard work wasn't my thing

Thank goodness, DH has serious pain medication. I took some and am now up to have something to eat and take MORE!

I've sprained the same ankle before about 12 years ago when I missed the bottom step on a staircase. It's going to slow down my working out and tap dancing!
Ouch !!!! Glad you have some meds.. Take it easy for a few days !!

Vickie..I missed telling you happy birthday !!!!

Old 05-23-2012, 07:37 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Last day of school! Busy, busy, busy! Hope to be here more as soon as end of the year stuff is done.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:09 AM   #15  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, that's good you had meds available. Take care.

Sloan, this is my last day, too. School's not out but this is still my last day till next fall. (finals)

Got to go. Ya'll have a great day!