Old 05-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 148/144/128

Height: 5'5 and a half.....because the half is so important :)

Default Day 3

I've enjoyed reading all the threads & thank you for the FAQ link!

I'm on day 3 and unoffically weighed myself at home & it reported 5.5 pounds! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is accurate but it seems much higher than I expected. I have 15/20 pounds to loose and I guessed it would take 5-7 weeks.

Some things I've learned in a short period of time:

1. I'm already sick of broccoli I love veg (and always enjoyed broccoli) but unfoturnatley all my other fav. veges were all high sugar content and are restricted...who knew! I blended 1 cup of raw spinach w/ my chocolate shake this morning & it was very good. I added about 6 oz of extra water and a few ice cubes. I'm going to try a salad for lunch veg. I'm hoping I can find a dressing that works for me (I've always made my own & it had too much olive oil for plan).

Are there any good salad dressing links?

2. Hot water with lemon helps me to drink less coffee.

3. I feel very lightheaded much of the day. I'm hoping this goes away. For most of the days I've eaten an extra IP (allowed first week) and this helped.

Anyway thanks for the great ideas, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Julie68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

Try roasting your veggies. Broccoli, Cauliflower, Zucchini "crisps", eggplant, etc. Roasting gives them a new flavor. My favorite is zucchini slices roasted. I normally want MORE than the allowed amount.

If you find yourself feeling hungry, drink a bottle of water. If you're still hungry, drink some hot tea. Normally hunger pangs really are a sign of thirst.

Lick some salt off your hand if you're feeling light headed. On low-carb diets we really need a good amount of salt as our body is flushing the salt constantly as we burn fat. Make sure you get in a lot of salt during the day!

Congrats on starting the program. You'll do great. The first few days are the hardest and you are handling them well!
CassiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #3  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie68 View Post

1. I'm already sick of broccoli I love veg (and always enjoyed broccoli) but unfoturnatley all my other fav. veges were all high sugar content and are restricted...who knew! I blended 1 cup of raw spinach w/ my chocolate shake this morning & it was very good. I added about 6 oz of extra water and a few ice cubes. I'm going to try a salad for lunch veg. I'm hoping I can find a dressing that works for me (I've always made my own & it had too much olive oil for plan).

3. I feel very lightheaded much of the day. I'm hoping this goes away. For most of the days I've eaten an extra IP (allowed first week) and this helped.

Since I'm feeling generous: LINK for your salad dressing recipes. If it breaks, it's page 4 of the recipe page. Also, Walden Farms makes 0/0/0 (meaning 0 cal/0 fat/0 carb) dressings and grocery stores sell it or you can order it online. Be aware that lettuce is a "freebie" meaning it doesn't count towards your 4 cups of veggies (unless your coach told you otherwise) , there are tons of recipes for spicing up veggies, everything from cauliflower popcorn to stir fry to kale chips (which counts towards the 2 cups). I'm going to start doing the spinach with my shakes in the morning to sneak in the first cup or two of veggies.

Light headed: When headachy or feeling light headed, try doing a Salt lick, Drop some salt onto you hand, lick it quick and drink some water. Kind of freaky but it helps. I did that the first week or so of the diet and it really helped. Now I carry a few of those little "salt packets" from the take out packages with me, just in case
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 148/144/128

Height: 5'5 and a half.....because the half is so important :)

Default Thank you!

I'm going to try the salt lick today (I think the last time I did this was 20 years ago and it included lemon & tequila)

Great recipe link- thanks! I will try to do better locating this kind of stuff, I'm not very experienced at discussion boards!

Thanks again!!
Julie68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 03:19 PM   #5  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

The salt lick really does help... Just take it easy for the rest of the week!! Good luck on your first WI. I know I was pretty stocked when I saw what mine was!! Its worth the feeling!
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie68 View Post

I'm on day 3 and unoffically weighed myself at home & it reported 5.5 pounds! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is accurate but it seems much higher than I expected. I have 15/20 pounds to loose and I guessed it would take 5-7 weeks.

Some things I've learned in a short period of time:

I like to put a cup of chopped up and steamed broccoli to my broccoli cheddar soup, along with sea salt and a little Molly McButter, just watch the serving size on that, I normally only use half.
You can also drink herbal teas, celestial seasoning has some yummy ones. Also try putting cucumber into your water for flavoring, I know sounds funny but is really good.
I agree with the others, either lick the salt of your hand or dilute 1/2tsp in 8ounces of water to drink.
Good luck!
Stefany1769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:02 PM   #7  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

DH made celery root "fries" for dinner yesterday. YUM.
Lynnie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:13 PM   #8  
Jane

S/C/G: 240/235/150

Height: 5'1"

Day 8 ....weighed in...down 7 lbs...feeling good happy
Jane59 is offline   Reply With Quote