Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 01:01 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 5/18/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 05-18-2012, 06:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Good morning ladies!

Quick question, I've been weighing myself at home and I've noticed that my body fat is actually going up. Is that normal for early IP (I'm on day 1 of week 3).

Thanks!!
Old 05-18-2012, 06:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/138 - 2012; Reboot 175/140

Height: 5"4

Good morning all - Happy Friday

I woke this morning with terrible leg cramps. Any ideas what is causing this? They have since subsided, but my calf muscles are sore.

On a happier note, the birds are chirping outside my window. I'm working 4 hrs today from home, as opposed to the office 9-5. My 5 y/o has her kindy awards ceremony and I'm just happy today

Last edited by momat40; 05-18-2012 at 07:00 AM.
Old 05-18-2012, 06:57 AM   #4  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momat40 View Post

I woke this morning with terrible leg cramps. Any ideas what is causing this? They have since subsided, but my calf muscles are sore.
Are you taking your supplements? The cal potasium & cal mags are supposed to help prevent the cramping. I am prone to charlie horses even before IP but I havent had any since starting 3 months ago, I take the supplements religously.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:02 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 276/212.4/160

Height: 5'7

Quote:

On a happier note, the birds are chirping outside my window. I'm working 4 hrs today from home, as opposed to the office 9-5. My 5 y/o has her kindy awards ceremony and I'm just happy today
You may want to consult with your coach...mine warned me that if this is happening she would increase the cal-magnesium the that i'm taking.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:04 AM   #6  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning Everybody!

Happy Friday. My DH has off work today so he is going to help FINISH staining the pool deck today. yaaaay Then all the yard work will be done and I can just chill and enjoy the summer for a bit. We will be ready for our memorial day family BBQ and then in July we have our BIG party. Every 2 years we have a 60's party with over 200 people 5 live bands, totally decorated to the hilt with 60's decos (black lights, peace signs, flowers, etc) My DH even bulds a stage in our yard for the bands. Its allot of fun but allot of work to pull off.

Well, I must finish my coffe and put my paint clothes on.

have a great day everybody!!!!!
Old 05-18-2012, 07:05 AM   #7  
On IP since 04/29/12

S/C/G: 228/187/135

Quote:

I was thinking the same as Cadu regarding supplement. I forgot to take them one evening and I had cramps the next morning so I linked it to the supplements I didn't take.

Beautiful Friday prior to a long week-end...yes! Just reintroduced a workout this morning after 3 weeks OP, very happy about it, I kind of missed it. I did the Skinny Sculpt DVD by Ellen Barrett and I feel so good and energized :-)

Third WI tomorrow morning...can't wait. Have a great day all! ;-)
Old 05-18-2012, 07:06 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/138 - 2012; Reboot 175/140

Height: 5"4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Are you taking your supplements? The cal potasium & cal mags are supposed to help prevent the cramping. I am prone to charlie horses even before IP but I havent had any since starting 3 months ago, I take the supplements religously.
Thank you for the reminder, but I am taking the dosage. Now that I remember, when I was pg, my doctor prescribed calcium for me to take and I had the same cramps then. I stopped taking the calcium supplement and cramps went away... Hmmm

I'm taking my multi vitamin (New Chapter Organics, which has 25g of Calcium from Algae), the IP Potassium calcium & Cal-Mag. I wonder if it's too much?
Old 05-18-2012, 07:09 AM   #9  
Jag23

S/C/G: 177 Goal weight 140

Height: 5"1"

Good morning everyone. I'm on the "nightshift". I am making up my mind to get back on board with the IP. I have been messing around these last 2 weeks. So tomorrow I get weighed and measured and from then till I get to 140 lbs,I plan to be commited.

Love reading the comments from everyone. It helps me to know that everybody struggles All the best
Old 05-18-2012, 07:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:

It's from low potassium. I'd talk to your coach about upping yours.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:00 AM   #11  

Good Morning! I weighed myself this morning for WI #2 (at home) and I have lost 11 pounds in 2 weeks...wow. I had hoped to drop 10 pounds on this plan but I am now rethinking my goal weight. I am thinking I would like to get to 150 but we'll see. I did a lot of reading and researching about IP online before I went to the IP Store in our town. While the cost of things seemed steep I was willing to try it because 2 co-workers have done it and had great success, one keeping her weight off for over a year. However, after my WI#1 I decided to do it on my own. When I went in I was weighed and measured, asked how my week went, asked what I wanted to buy, and that was it. When I asked a question about chewing gum I was told that she wasn't sure that the other gal who works there knew the answer to it. I didn't care for many of the IP foods except the chocolate and vanilla shakes and the omelet (herbs and cheese). So I decided to do it on my own. I was also never really oriented to this plan, thank goodness I had done a lot of reading on my own about it. I take a 30 minute walk most every single day and I have followed IP 100% except I use PureProtein bars and EAS carb control shakes at times and will when my IP ones run out. Last night I was feeling so much like eating something that wasn't on the program just because I was watching the food network I think but I talked myself out of it and after seeing my weight this morning I am inspired to stick with it until 150. We are going shopping today and out to eat but I will go for something OP and bring my own WF rasperry vinagrette salad dressing. I have never been on an eating plan like this and it has made me more aware of what I am eating. Sometimes I feel really hungry but for the most part it is easy to follow and except for the 1st week where I felt kind of "fuzzy" I have felt great and actually feel that I am sleeping better. I try to quit drinking water by early evening so I am not up in the night to use the bathroom as well.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:13 AM   #12  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Happy Friday everyone!

I'm hoping that we all have an OP weekend! I purchased the new strawberry wafer at my clinic yesterday, it is insane how good it tastes

It reminds me of the wafer cookies we used to eat as kids. Glad I finally got my signature ticker, now I can feel like a big girl

Smooches!
Old 05-18-2012, 08:14 AM   #13  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Thank you for the reminder, but I am taking the dosage. Now that I remember, when I was pg, my doctor prescribed calcium for me to take and I had the same cramps then. I stopped taking the calcium supplement and cramps went away... Hmmm

I'm taking my multi vitamin (New Chapter Organics, which has 25g of Calcium from Algae), the IP Potassium calcium & Cal-Mag. I wonder if it's too much?
Perhaps you should lower your intake of the potassium calcium and see what happens? I was told to take the IP Potassium only if I get a charley horse because I take a prescription med that has potassium in it.
Old 05-18-2012, 08:18 AM   #14  
started IP 3/30/12

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning everyone!! I have WI this morning and of course I am 'blocked' and am pacing to get things moving along this morning. Funny enough I weigh myself every morning to gauge how well I am doing. In the AM it was 205.1, by 6pm, the scale said 210.1 - a 6lb difference in one day? This morning's number is lower but I only record the IP center weigh in so we will see what the master scale says.

Have a great day all!!
Old 05-18-2012, 08:23 AM   #15  

My weight has always varied a lot depending upon the time of day...I prefer the morning WI myself as I feel it is my "true" weight or maybe it's because it is usually lower than any other time of day!
Closed Thread