Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 01:35 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 5/17/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 05-17-2012, 06:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 276/212.4/160

Height: 5'7

Just dropped in to say good morning. Actually feeling pretty good today, feel like i have tons of energy actually!!!. I have to say i'm really liking IP. I didn't think i was going to get past week 2 with all the headaches but this is week 3 and i've been headache free for 3 days now!!

I have a question about egg whites. I see a lot recipes or discussions about using egg whites. I was checking out the nutritional statement which says that the whites only have 0.2 g fat and 0 carbs and sugar and 6g protein. Could this be used is phase 1? I like egg white omelets and thought this would be a nice lunch with an IP protein drink.

Have a great OP day!!!
Old 05-17-2012, 07:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Good Morning All

Had a great WI yesterday. WI#4 I lost 4lbs which puts me at a total of 20lbs and 23.25 in in 4wks. THis program is awesome and I love it. Its been a VERY long time since I've seen consistent weight loss even with TOM. Stay postive and 100% OP. Enjoy your day!
Old 05-17-2012, 07:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 180.6/161.4/130

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning,
Yesterday was my first weigh in down 7.5 pounds. But today I stepped on the scale and I'm up a pound!! I was feeling amazing yesterday, lots of energy. Now today I'm just bummed out. I didn't change anything yesterday compared to any other day.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:38 AM   #5  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Well just weighed in at home and it looks like I am 4 or 5 pounds past my goal for today so with clothes I hope to hit 6#'s lost. Is it 10:40 yet!
Old 05-17-2012, 07:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Good morning I P family!

Wuv, it's always nice to see your smiling face first thing in the morning!
Pretty: nice WI! Congrats!
Wendy, so glad you're feeling well! IP will change your life.

Believe it or not, I'm wearing White jeans today!! (I usually clad myself in dowdy brown or black) getting so many compliments!
The coach supported my decision to move to P2 - so today I'll be having a different lunch and giving up a packet.

Wishing everyone a Truly Thrilling Thursday!!!
Old 05-17-2012, 07:39 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Prettyone- Great job!! I have my 3rd WI on Saturday, hope I continue to lose!
Make it a great day!
Old 05-17-2012, 07:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 172.5/129/128

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning from the East Coast - down 3.4lbs this week. NSV - today is the first day in years that everything in my closet fits me.....there is NOTHING that is too small. I think at one time I had 5 sizes in my closet, always hoping to fit back into the smaller sizes. I went from a tight 12 to a comfortable 4-6!!! And to top it all off it is long weekend in Canada this weekend. Could life get any better?
Old 05-17-2012, 07:44 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

USMC Vet - Your losses are amazing! Congrats!

Mama: Try to stay away from the scale every day. While on P1 it's better to just go by your coach's weigh in weekly. The body fluctuates every day, and even hour to hour. You'll drive yourself crazy if you persevere on it! lol
Old 05-17-2012, 07:46 AM   #10  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
Good Morning All

Had a great WI yesterday. WI#4 I lost 4lbs which puts me at a total of 20lbs and 23.25 in in 4wks. THis program is awesome and I love it. Its been a VERY long time since I've seen consistent weight loss even with TOM. Stay postive and 100% OP. Enjoy your day!
Awesome! It's TOM for me as well, so that put a stall on my weight loss this week. But I stepped on the scale this morning, and it's moving in the right direction again.

Hi everyone! I haven't been on in a few days. I guess TOM has made me anti-social. I've noticed so many little changes this week. Every day I feel my belly getting a little bit smaller. I just wish my hips/butt would budge! Lol, I guess that's just what goes with being pear shaped. I got my WF order in and I can't wait to play around. A couple days ago I made turnip fries-- not my favorite. But last night, I made cauliflower rice for a stir-fry dish. Yum! I was able to find low-carb teriyaki sauce on Netrition.com and it tasted just like regular teriyaki, so I'm a happy girl.

This diet is amazing! The first 10 days or so, it was really hard to stick to, but it gets easier every day. I can see myself doing this without much of a struggle until the weight is gone! Whew, guess I had a lot to say. Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 05-17-2012, 07:52 AM   #11  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Good morning all.

Today is my WI #5, hope for a loss.

Wuv, as usual always glad to hear from you.
Wendy, keep up the good work.
Pretty, GREAT WI, awesome.
Mama, stay off the scale, you can fluctuate daily.
USMC, hoorah, let's hope for a big #
Dakin, step on out of your comfort zone with the white jeans, you are looking good
dizzy, hope you have a great WI

Whew, gotta get to work now, have a great OP day all.

Smooches!
Old 05-17-2012, 07:54 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Good morning everybody! Rise and shine!!!

Dropped off a bunch of stuff at Salvation Army yesterday and got some groceries. Seems like I live at the grocery store these days...

Yesterday, I had to force myself to paint my back enclosed porch. I'm not even hormonal, as I am in menopause, but I just felt so weary and tired of this working so hard business. I know that if I don't push myself, nothing will get done and I will get no closer to my goal of selling the house, moving somewhere warm, living in a small place with no upkeep so I can focus on my art and music. I'm just so tired. I'm always so tired and have felt like this for over 12 years. Sorry...I needed to moan a bit. I really do try to stay upbeat but sometimes the pity-party will eek out, like it or not!

So, back to the porch today, full steam ahead. Maybe get started on the basement. Have a load of recycling in the truck for the next time I go into town. It still amazes me that in this day and age, the garbage haulers in rural areas do not take recycling.

Prettyone: congrats on your progress !!! You have such a lovely smile!
Wendy: most coaches say that egg whites are allowed, and some limit it to 2/day.
Mama21: It's probably just water or a bowel movement needed. Don't weigh yourself everyday - you'll drive yourself nuts!
Vet: great photos- thank you for sharing them. I still haven't managed to remember to get photos uploaded...
Dakin: white jeans! oh boy!!! I haven't worn that kind of thing in years either, and though I know I could, now...I haven't had the courage! Good for you!!!

Welcome to the newbees!

Okay, now I really need to get my butt in gear, have my oatmeal and get to work!!! Hope you all have perfectly a splendiferous day!!!!
Old 05-17-2012, 07:57 AM   #13  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Good morning I P family!

Wuv, it's always nice to see your smiling face first thing in the morning!
Pretty: nice WI! Congrats!
Wendy, so glad you're feeling well! IP will change your life.

Believe it or not, I'm wearing White jeans today!! (I usually clad myself in dowdy brown or black) getting so many compliments!
The coach supported my decision to move to P2 - so today I'll be having a different lunch and giving up a packet.

Phase two Way to go Teach! I look forward to P2 some time in early 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
Good Morning from the East Coast - down 3.4lbs this week. NSV - today is the first day in years that everything in my closet fits me.....there is NOTHING that is too small. I think at one time I had 5 sizes in my closet, always hoping to fit back into the smaller sizes. I went from a tight 12 to a comfortable 4-6!!! And to top it all off it is long weekend in Canada this weekend. Could life get any better?
Ahh you have taken back your closet, that is Sweet. I love finding new old clothes. I still have quite a few hold outs in my clothes, but they're getting less and less and the too big now outnumbers the too small.

Please do not stress over a pound or several pound fluctuation from day to day. It could be water retention or just that your body has not had a chance to get rid of everything you had to eat over the last day or so. The scale is now your friend. If you keep working this program you will loose steadily.

Prettyone!!!

You got rid of that tire you wanted to! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! I knew you would do it. And 23.25 inches lost is wonderful. I sat in a chair yesterday, with my duty belt on that I could not have a few months ago. It was snug but not uncomfortable. You must be feeling similar things too.
Quote:
Good Morning All

Old 05-17-2012, 07:57 AM   #14  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendywendy View Post
I have a question about egg whites. I see a lot recipes or discussions about using egg whites. I was checking out the nutritional statement which says that the whites only have 0.2 g fat and 0 carbs and sugar and 6g protein. Could this be used is phase 1? I like egg white omelets and thought this would be a nice lunch with an IP protein drink.
Have a great OP day!!!
My coach allows me 2 free egg whites a day..

Quote:
Good Morning All

Whooo hoooo pretty. congrats!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama21 View Post
Good morning,
Yesterday was my first weigh in down 7.5 pounds. But today I stepped on the scale and I'm up a pound!! I was feeling amazing yesterday, lots of energy. Now today I'm just bummed out. I didn't change anything yesterday compared to any other day.
Mama you lost 7.5 no other WI's count till your offical weigh in day. Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Well just weighed in at home and it looks like I am 4 or 5 pounds past my goal for today so with clothes I hope to hit 6#'s lost. Is it 10:40 yet!
You are rocking this program vet. way to go bud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Good morning I P family!

So glad you can move on to P2. I know you were struggling with that. wear them white jeans and wear them proud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
Good Morning from the East Coast - down 3.4lbs this week. NSV - today is the first day in years that everything in my closet fits me.....there is NOTHING that is too small. I think at one time I had 5 sizes in my closet, always hoping to fit back into the smaller sizes. I went from a tight 12 to a comfortable 4-6!!!
Congrats on the loss and the nice surprise you found in your closet.

Good Morning everybody
What great news on here this morning
It is a beautiful morning. I am gearing up for a busy day. I will be staining my pool deck. This will be the last big job I have for summer. YAY!

I hope everyone has a great day.

Last edited by Cadu; 05-17-2012 at 07:58 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:00 AM   #15  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Hope you all have perfectly a splendiferous day!!!!
You sound like you are in a GREAT mood. whooo hooooooo
Closed Thread