Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 02:39 PM   #1  

Default Morning Star Chik Patties -- Buff Chicken Wings, etc

I always keep these in my freezer for a quick dinner. toast them in the toaster oven for 10 minutes and they come out very crisp and tasty. theyre fairly low in carbs but have pretty good protien at about 150 calories, (cant rem the fat but its low) and 8 grams per serving. that means you can have 2 for 300 calories... very delicious also with ketchup or honey mustard or i like them buffalo style with a little hot sauce and maybe a TAD fatfree blue cheese dip.
Old 07-25-2003, 04:19 PM   #2  
it's always something

I love the Chik Patties! I prefer them over real chicken patties. I've not tried the Buffalo Chicken Wings yet, but Jennifer said they are good.

I also love their Tomato and Basil Pizza burger
Old 07-26-2003, 09:08 AM   #3  

hi suzanne.

morning star makes some good stuff, and i love their chik patties and buffulo chicken tenders... i pop mine for about 10 minutes in the oven and then get nice and crunchy and theyre a REALLY good alternative/treat when youre body is craving "bad" food.

i also like Amy's Spinach Pockets and Mini Spinach-Feta and Mini Pizza Pockets.... Also good in that product are the Spring Rolls and the Veggie Dumpling pockets.

i keep things like this in my freezer for quick dinners when im way too wiped out to cook. a lot of times, with my late cardio classes, i dont end up getting home until after 8 and i dont want to eat anything heavy...

this site is great!!!!!!!

*melanie
Old 07-26-2003, 02:53 PM   #4  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I love everything Morningstar Farms makes.
Old 08-03-2003, 06:38 PM   #5  

Just about everything by Morningstar Farms is good! Their Breakfast Sausage Patties are wonderful in the microwave. One WW point each! So along with one of the Eggo fat free waffles (they're also one point each), two of the Breakfast Patties makes a delicious three-point breakfast or light lunch alternative to the same boring cereal, etc.
Old 08-03-2003, 06:40 PM   #6  

Have you tried the Morningstar Burger Crumbles. It's veggie ground "beef" and is great in spaghetti sauce.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:56 PM   #7  

I made chili with there veggie crumble, I thought it was really salty! But I love their sausage!
Old 08-30-2003, 09:01 AM   #8  

I love their chix products and sausage crumbles!!! Let me toss in another brand that makes chicken substitute products.. "Quorn" I love their chicken tenders, and other breaded chicken breast products.. They look, taste and feel like real chicken to the tongue..
The most important is they taste good and when they hit your tongue you think it's the real thing... I've tried one other brand's chicken substitutes, and when it touched my tongue I was grossed out.. So MSF and this Quorn are the best..

I don't recall the breaded chicken nutritional information, but here is the one for the tenders.. Just unbreaded chicken chunks.

1 C 90 cals, Fat 2g, if you're counting carbs/ carbs 8/3 fiber/1 sug

last night I tossed these along with a Schwans caesar parmasan shrimp, their garlic herb shrimp with broc florets, with a tiny bit of soy sauce and I had a great stir fry..

With MSF Italian(that's what it taste like to me) sausage crumbles, I made a pizza.. This is what I did..

I use regular size and large size la tortilla factory wheat tortilla, 2 to 3 tblspn of pizza sauce, one table spoon of sliced green olives, sprinkle of pizza seasoning, gentle sprinkles of dry and fresh parmasan cheese and just a gentle sprinkle of colby/jack cheese. I like cheese, but I prefer to use it very gently, just enough to cover not coat.. If you use the dry parm from the jar or container, you may get away with more..

The large La Tortilla factor tortilla is 80 cals, Fat 3 g - 5 carbs for those watching carbs. The smaller tortillas are 50 cal, Fat 2 g, 3 carbs

I bake this for just a few minutes on 400 or more, until the edges get browner and crispy.. It's really fun eats.. Or you can mix the toppings all together with what ever you like and make pizza roll ups... I find this very comforting, since I stopped eating pizza after joining WW yrs ago, but this one brought it back to me..

I hope this all made sense...

Denise...

Last edited by Swan_lake; 08-30-2003 at 09:08 AM.
Old 08-31-2003, 12:08 PM   #9  
Rattie Lover

I use to merchandise for MSF so I got to try most of their stuff for free and I was very impressed as well! Even those veggie dogs were tasty! I liked their hot pocket type things the best. Not sure if they make those anymore though...
Old 09-01-2003, 01:14 AM   #10  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

The breakfast sandwiches contain hydrogenated oil.
Old 09-25-2003, 09:31 AM   #11  

Smile WOW!

I am so glad to hear that everyone is just as excited about MSF as I am... It's such a great way to CHEAT on your diet without ruining your diet. I LOVE that I can put 5-7 Buff Chicks in the oven for under 300 calories, low fat and sugars, and TONS of protien. It's so good to feel like you dont deprive yourself and often, I'd rather binge on this type of stuff.

I also recently tried the Veggie Crumbles. I think they may have changed the sodium in them because I didn't find them very salty at all. I added them to some low fat tomato sauce, to sneak more protein into my diet and my veggies. I'll eat it with mixed veggies, brown rice, or just some WASA crisp or crackers like chili. It can be converted to many different uses/meals over 3 days.

I'm a single woman, so I only cook for myself, and I love that I can use this in place of my traditional turkey meat sauce.

GOD BLESS OPTIONS!!!
Old 10-05-2003, 01:59 PM   #12  

Height: 5'3"

Great thread! Because of what I read here, I went and bought the MSF sausage patties. They are delicious! Here's a recipe to try...i'm sure someone else has already come up with it elsewhere but I didnt see it so I thought i'd share:

1 Country Kitchen lowfat English Muffin (1 ww pt)
1 MSF sausage patty (1 ww pt)
1/2 box Egg Beater (1 ww pt)
1 slice Kraft fat free cheese (1 ww pt)

I fried the egg beater using weight watchers butter spray and seasoned it with salt and pepper and molly mcbutter sprinkles.

the result is a very flavorful sausage, egg and cheese muffin for 4 points! I keep thinking that I should feel guilty for eating it!

Thanks for this thread funkmaster...all I have ever eaten from MSF is the burgers, thinking the other products couldnt possibly taste that good. I know better now! I'm trying the chik patties for supper
Old 10-08-2003, 09:13 AM   #13  

a note on the morning star veggie crumbles:::

i used these for veggie soft tacos (on a fat free tortilla w/ low fat mozzerella) w/ some taco seasoning mix and OMG were these SO GOOD.

*mel
Old 10-16-2003, 03:52 PM   #14  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally posted by funkmastermel77
a note on the morning star veggie crumbles:::

i used these for veggie soft tacos (on a fat free tortilla w/ low fat mozzerella) w/ some taco seasoning mix and OMG were these SO GOOD.

*mel
ooh! I never would have thought of that. It sounds wonderful. I love tacos so much too!

thanks.
Old 10-17-2003, 10:10 AM   #15  

Default awesome

Quote:
Originally posted by valley
ooh! I never would have thought of that. It sounds wonderful. I love tacos so much too!

thanks.
they really were very good, you can hardly tell the difference. even my brother who protested when he saw what i was making though when he saw me eating it his interest was piqued and he polished my second one right off.

i think the only downside might be that the the sodium BUT if you balance out you days allowance or as a treat, i think its yummy.

i look forward to experiementing more with the veggie crumbles as i really enjoy them for a protein punch!

*mel
Closed Thread