Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 05:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 5/16/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You __________________ __________________
Old 05-16-2012, 06:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Default Phase 3 and ketosis

Good morning all!
I left a question on yesterday's thread and asked Wuv for her input. It's important that all of us see it because we will all get to phase 3 at some point and it seems the protocol isn't quite clear at phases 3 and 4. I cut and pasted the response here.

Please chime in if you have info on this or if seeing your coach today and want to ask her/him these questions and report back here.

Originally Posted by Chloe222
Wuv,
Can you advise us?
1. Are we still in ketosis in phase 3?
2. Is a bedtime snack requred still in phase 3?
3. With working out, Cassie needs to add that extra packet - in phase 3 also?

Thanks for your help!

1. I believe we are still in Ketosis but not 100% sure. I do know when I went from phase 3 after 2 weeks back to phase 1 I didn't have any withdrawals. We haven't added enough carbs back into our diet yet. So I would say we are till in it.

2. The ONLY packet on phase 3 that you have is your snack, rather you choose to have it in the afternoon or evening is up to you. But YES it is required and should be an unrestricted.

3. If she is working out I would add another packet OR eat some type of protein. Just because she is burning a lot of calories that need to be replaced.

Now I am no coach or anything but this is how I would handle it if it was me. This is STRICTLY my opinion, I am sure others will chime in as well.

Last edited by Chloe222; 05-16-2012 at 06:14 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:19 AM   #3  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning!

So, I woke up very early this morning, kinda grouchy, in one of those oh poor me moods. The house is quiet with everyone sleeping and as I sit here drinking my second cup of coffee I think. I think about all I have to do today and tonight and tomorrow and so on. One thing I have to do tonight is go to a seminar which explains options provided by the state for disabled people when they age out of school. My daughter has one more year of school and then I have to figure out what she will do. We do not think she will be able to hold a job. She cannot drive and cannot problem solve, ( We adopted her when she was 1 year old, she was severly abused by her bio mother and suffered brain damage and left eye blindness among many other things). She is 20 years old now so living day to day with her I dont think about all her obstacles but when a meeting or seminar comes up I am forced to think about it and it gets me very overwhelmed. I am so afraid to do the wrong things for her future.
So to get to my point... As i sit here in my oh poor me mood because I have to eat a strict diet or becuase I have a headache and I am not happy with the way I look, I must really look at the fact that all my obstacle are ones that I have control over, ones that I can fix when many people have obstacles they just have to learn to live with.

So, no matter what negative feelings we have today about our journey.. Lets be thankful that we have a solution to the problem (IP).
Thanks for letting me rant.. Have a great day and enjoy every momment.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:45 AM   #4  
Restart IP 05/19/14

S/C/G: 370/349/150

Thanks, Cadu, for reminding us to keep things in perspective. So many people are dealt things in life that they have absolutely no control over. Thanks to Ideal Protein, I am able to deal with my weight issues and slowly (steadily) my problem is "fixable." While drowning in self-pity, it's hard sometimes to remember that there are people out there with bigger issues; people who would just love to have a diet that would cure their problems and give them a better future. A quote comes to mind: "I once complained about having no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet."

On a "lighter" note (LOL - pun intended) I had my 5th WI yesterday and am down another 3 pounds! This was a relief because I did not feel lighter this week at all. I battled hunger for a few days for some reason and can honestly say that this was the hardest week I have had since the first week I started. I seem to be over the hump now. It was motivating to see the scale move after such a tough week.

I bought several Glad/Ziplock storage containers and my plan today is to cook several different vegetables to store in the fridge. That will make meal time so much easier.

Have a good day everyone! IP Rocks!

Last edited by mylastdiet; 05-16-2012 at 06:47 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 276/212.4/160

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Good Morning!

So, I woke up very early this morning, kinda grouchy, in one of those oh poor me moods. The house is quiet with everyone sleeping and as I sit here drinking my second cup of coffee I think. I think about all I have to do today and tonight and tomorrow and so on. One thing I have to do tonight is go to a seminar which explains options provided by the state for disabled people when they age out of school. My daughter has one more year of school and then I have to figure out what she will do. We do not think she will be able to hold a job. She cannot drive and cannot problem solve, ( We adopted her when she was 1 year old, she was severly abused by her bio mother and suffered brain damage and left eye blindness among many other things). She is 20 years old now so living day to day with her I dont think about all her obstacles but when a meeting or seminar comes up I am forced to think about it and it gets me very overwhelmed. I am so afraid to do the wrong things for her future.
So to get to my point... As i sit here in my oh poor me mood because I have to eat a strict diet or becuase I have a headache and I am not happy with the way I look, I must really look at the fact that all my obstacle are ones that I have control over, ones that I can fix when many people have obstacles they just have to learn to live with.

So, no matter what negative feelings we have today about our journey.. Lets be thankful that we have a solution to the problem (IP).

Cadu.....you have and are still working to overcome a lot of challenges both physically and personally....my humbled hat off to you. Your looking brilliantly beautiful physically with the new IP you and the love you speak of for your daughter is heartfelt and unconditional....that's why you won't do wrong by her BECAUSE of your love. Your educating yourself about her options.....education will never steer you wrong. Stay strong, ask questions and vent ALL you want to us.....we're listening. You have your very own cheering squad on here!!! ...sending big hugs to you today...xoxo
Old 05-16-2012, 07:03 AM   #6  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Carol

I'm sorry you're going through some tough times wit the upcoming seminar and decisions ahead. Do what you feel is best for you and your. And don't be down on your looks, you're beautiful inside, where it matters most and outside which is always a bonus. Seriously check out the good looking lady in the last photo!

Last edited by usmcvet; 05-16-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Carol, your wonderful heart is so evident in your posts. You will know the right path to guide your daughter in when it comes. I wish you strength and love through this journey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastdiet View Post

I bought several Glad/Ziplock storage containers and my plan today is to cook several different vegetables to store in the fridge. That will make meal time so much easier.

Have a good day everyone! IP Rocks!
Congrats on the loss! I do the same thing with my meats and home made soups...freeze it all so I can just pop one out for a meal. Makes it so much easier...

---

Good morning everybody! Boy, the birds were chirping at 5am this morning!

Got the brakes fixed on my truck, so that's a relief. Am going to return some styrofoam insulation to Menards today, as a friend convinced me of a better way to handle a project, then more stuff to Salvation Army and a grocery run. I need two refrigerators to hold all these vegetables!

Hopefully I'll get the errands done and then continue painting the back porch...

I did my Phase 1 day without cheating, and that felt rather good, to know I still had the 'chops.' Blended the dark chocolate pudding last night with lots of ice and some WF chocolate dip, and it made a great (sort of) ice cream.

Hope you all have a wonderful day - seems to me that Wednesday is a big WI day, so good luck to you all!
Old 05-16-2012, 07:33 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

I wrote a bit about the p3 talk in the phase 3 thread. We are not in ketosis in phase 3. The main reason for the 2-3lb gain is because.our glycogen stores are no longer empty. This happens when knocked out of ketosis.
my coach said that my 1 packet everyday should be a restricted.
she wants me to workout a lot to make up for that 2-3lb gain. She said since we are no longer in ketosis the extra packet is not needed but I can feel free to have a RTD.
She told me all of this when I started phase 3.

The reason for no withdrawals might be because we didn't go back to eating junk and it wasnt a huge shock to our bodies like it was the first time.

Last edited by CassiR; 05-16-2012 at 07:36 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:34 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Good Morning!

Good Morning and thanks Cadu for the eye opener as usual. Sometimes I think we all forget that we are not alone with life challenges. This journey may not be easy but it does take hard work. And if you give it your all you will get just that in return. You have done great thus far and Im thankful for the reminder. Have a good day.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:35 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Good Morning All

Today is WI #4 I have to go in a day earlier my coach wont be there tomorrow. Wish me luck because TOM is hanging with me this week. I hope everyone has a positive day and stays 100% OP.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:36 AM   #11  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylastdiet View Post
A quote comes to mind: "I once complained about having no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet."

I had my 5th WI yesterday and am down another 3 pounds! This was a relief because I did not feel lighter this week at all. I battled hunger for a few days for some reason and can honestly say that this was the hardest week I have had since the first week I started. I seem to be over the hump now. It was motivating to see the scale move after such a tough week.
I love that quote!!
Whooo hoooooo on the 3 pounds down. I am so glad you got through that tough week. Hopefully this week will be easier for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendywendy View Post
Cadu.....you have and are still working to overcome a lot of challenges both physically and personally....my humbled hat off to you. Your looking brilliantly beautiful physically with the new IP you and the love you speak of for your daughter is heartfelt and unconditional....that's why you won't do wrong by her BECAUSE of your love. Your educating yourself about her options.....education will never steer you wrong. Stay strong, ask questions and vent ALL you want to us.....we're listening. You have your very own cheering squad on here!!! ...sending big hugs to you today...xoxo
Thanks Wendy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Carol

I'm sorry you're going through some tough times wit the upcoming seminar and decisions ahead. Do what you feel is best for you and your. And don't be down on your looks, you're beautiful inside, where it matters mist and outside which is always a bonus. Seriously check out the good looking lady in the last photo!
OMG Vet.. how nice was that!! Thanks so much, you made me smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Carol, your wonderful heart is so evident in your posts. You will know the right path to guide your daughter in when it comes. I wish you strength and love through this journey...

I did my Phase 1 day without cheating, and that felt rather good, to know I still had the 'chops.' Blended the dark chocolate pudding last night with lots of ice and some WF chocolate dip, and it made a great (sort of) ice cream.
!
Thanks Sew

You have this program down, I have no doubt that you will be forever free of your extra weight.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:36 AM   #12  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

From yesterday:

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post
Whoa - tonight everything hit - I want to cry, feel completely overwhelmed and want to snack.

I don't know why - everything went good today and stayed OP. Got my daughter's graduation this Saturday and not lots of help to get ready - but I knew that so I don't think that's it.

My daughter's band concert was tonight and she got ice cream after - mmmmmm i could have drooled - just hungry I guess.

Think I'll just go to bed - that may help.

Sewmam

I brought my kids out for an ice cream a few days ago, I ended up buying a Powerade Zero, it was a nice treat and I only had about 1/3 of it. The bottle lasted me several more days, it was a nice treat. Even though it counts as water I didn't want to have too much.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:00 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Quote:
Good Morning!

Cadu - there are so many wonderful programs for people with disabilities, and because you love your daughter - you will see she has the best - she's already miles ahead - because she has a family that loves her! I hope today goes better than expected!
Old 05-16-2012, 08:00 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 181/164.2/130

Good morning everyone. At WI #3 I lost another 2.4 lbs - staying OP for three full weeks. Consistent weight loss if not a large amount of weight.

Cadu -- I have the utmost respect for mothers who have willingly taken the challenge of raising children. You will find a way to make it work - you always do.

Today is my youngest child's last day of high school and I am a little weepy - he is the last of four to finish. When he left for school he looked like such an adult.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:12 AM   #15  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Good Morning!

Cadu,

Hang in there, you will know what to do when the time comes. You have guided your girl thus far. Love will lead you in the right direction. Don't beat yourself up, we all get in our moods, take a deep breath, remember that God will not give you more than you can handle.

Take Care, Smooches!
Shelia
Closed Thread