Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 10:37 AM   #1  

Question stretch marks/extra skin

I've noticed sence I've gained all this weight I have alot of streach marks in the hips and on my stomach. I wonder when I loose all the weight (My goal is 120) will I have all this loose skin hanging on me? Years ago my mom crashed dieted all her weight off (she was around 300 and now is 120) and she has all this extra skin on her stomach area. My mom said she never exercized though and crashed hers off with speed, etc. Not good, and not how I'm doing this at all.
Old 08-20-2003, 11:36 AM   #2  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Do a search on "loose skin", we've had quite a few threads on this. It's very educational to read all the other forums thoughts on it too.
Old 08-20-2003, 02:41 PM   #3  
on my way down!

i too have the dreaded strech marks, i use cocoa butter on them and it seems to help

I dreading the extra skin though
Old 08-20-2003, 03:25 PM   #4  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I know it's hard advice to take but don't worry about the extra skin until you have to. You'll start using it as an excuse not the lose the weight, and no one wants that.

Age, genetics, length of obesity, all of these things play a factor in the loose skin issues. You won't know for sure until you're there.
Old 08-20-2003, 04:13 PM   #5  

Good points Jessica! I know I worry about the extra skin too, and I can already see a lot of extra skin in some areas. I'm doing everything I can think of that might possibly help. I'm using a Skin Firming Lotion every day after I shower, drinking 6 quarts of water every day, and doing weight lifting exercises to tone up. I don't know if any of these things will actually help, but I figure that they can't hurt. I've also heard that it can take a year or more for your skin to firm up once you loose the weight. I know that surgery won't be an option for me, so I'm just hoping that some of these other things will help.
Closed Thread