South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-15-2012, 05:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/205/155

Default Newbie… kind of :)

I've been on this weight loss road for over 4 years now and I just want to say that I absolutely hate it and it makes me crazy! I managed to lose right at 130 pounds over 2 years, but I did it by working out 2+ hours a day and then once a week with a trainer for over 2 hours. I would run 10+ miles a day, lift weights, take fitness classes, and was just constantly working out. Then I went back to work and I started gaining. At first it was 5 pounds, then it was 20, and now I am up a whopping 45 pounds in 2 years. We moved a few months ago and i'm no longer working, but I just have no desire to do those workouts anymore. I just can't do it. It's exhausting and I got completely burned out. I'm no stranger to SB. I tried it a while back, made it through the 2 weeks, then went crazy when I was allowed to have good carbs again in stage 2. I now know that I'm going to have a really hard time transitioning to stage 2 in a few weeks!

I started again yesterday after a weekend of completely bingeing because we had family in town for Mother's Day. No more. I'm done. I remember what it was like to be thin and I want it back!!!

We are trying to conceive though and I was wondering if it's ok to continue while pregnant at some point. I would assume it's fine since it is a healthy lifestyle and isn't crazy restrictive… I plan to continue with my 1 hour workouts (treadmill, elliptical, light weights) throughout a pregnancy and I don't necessarily want to lose while pregnant, but would prefer to not gain much.
weightingfornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 286/262/176

Height: 5'8"

Have you thought about other diets?

I don't think diets should be hard work, if they are then your not going to stay on it. It's easy to lose weight by doing 2+ hours of workouts, but is that something you want to do for the rest of your life? Can you maintain that lifestyle? I think it's really hard.

You might need to look at a protein diet and looking to reduce your carb intake. If your diet has lots of carbs, I would be looking to reduce that as carbs turn in to sugar and then fat if you can't burn them off.
collingwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

, weightingfornothing! I've found it's so much easier to stay on-plan if I make up a menu and know exactly what I'm eating for each meal. There are some wonderful tried and true recipes in our recipes section that are fast and easy to make, and you can make several of them ahead of time so they'll be ready to just heat and eat whenever you want. It helps to stock your fridge with raw veggies, lowfat cold cuts and cheese, yogurt and sugar free jellos that are quick to grab when the munchies strike, too.
This plan is also perfectly fine to follow if you become pregnant, too. Just up your intake of dairy and follow Phase 2 to make sure you are getting enough vitamins and nutrients.

I hope this helps, and Good Luck!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Nice to meet you!

The key to transitioning is to do it slowly and pay careful attention to what foods, if any, cause a return of cravings. Sometimes the time of day you eat something will make a difference too. There is great information in the FAQ section. And we are all different in how we react. For me personally, I just do best to not eat bread at home, for example. Or crackers!
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote