South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 06:41 AM   #1  
Mous

Smile Whistle while you.....Beach DAILY 8/20

Here it is Wednesday already and the month is almost over !

I heard Whimsey and Franny whistling as they exercised! It was such a lovely toon. GoFishin was whistling Three Little Fishies as she walked.

I thihk today I shall whistle Oh What a Beautiful Morning. I am thankful that I am here posting to all of you and I am silently whistling You've Got a Friend, DH is still sleeping!

Know that whever you go today that the people here care about you and what you think.

Be upbeat today and Whistle while you.......and you will feel better.

Cards today and I can't wait for the non SBD in my group to taste the Pistachio Chicken Salad that I am making from the book. I KNOW they will enjoy the SF, FF Jell-O/cool whip dessert. It is SO light and fluffy.

Have yourselves a grand day.

Lady
Old 08-20-2003, 07:25 AM   #2  
Imagine...

Good Morning!

Marcie, ok if I hum...I can't whistle. hehehe

It's a beautiful am so lets see a song in your heart and a spring in your step. Im still hanging in there, a coworker of mine is gonna try the SBD. Im so excited for him he has quite alot to lose and is a Atkins convert.

Have a sparkling day!
Old 08-20-2003, 07:35 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I usually do whistle while I work but it drives the Doggage nuts.

This will be a quickie as the beans, tomatoes and cukes are hollering at me "Get out here and pick us!". Dills, bean salad and a start on salsa are on the list for today. I am so glad SBD allows those good carb kidney and chick peas. It sure makes a difference to any carb cravings and helps with "other" things too.

This afternoon, gorgeous Hershey and semi-gorgeous Mum start her new job as a Thera-Paws pooch. The press are going to be there so I am a tad nervous - not about her, about me! She could go there on her own if she'd just learn to drive. I'm sure glad we both got haircuts yesterday.

Gotta get cracking as it's going to be a scorcher. I hope I can resist turning on the AC today.
Old 08-20-2003, 07:47 AM   #4  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Hmmmm...what tune am I humming today? (yes, hum, for alas, like sflake, I can't whistle my way out of a paper bag!) Probably something from the "I Am Sam" soundtrack..."Two of Us," perhaps? Always makes me smile....

Sflake...I can relate to your excitement over a coworker trying SBD..my dear MIL is also just finishing week one of phase 1 and is really liking it so far! Now if I can just get her to try the WATP tapes! He he...

Ruth, enjoy your garden! I really wish I had more time for such lovely pursuits. I have promised myself that next year I will at least grow some herbs. Best doggy wishes to Hershey and her new job! I know you both will shine!

Another day OP! Yippee for me! Adding up all the NSV's and dancing a jig Gonna have to get some new uniform pants soon...what a shame, huh?

Gotta run and get DS to daycare so I can hit the hay. Take care and whistle (or hum!) your cares away today!
Old 08-20-2003, 07:59 AM   #5  
In Control: E+R=O

Good Morning Beach Beauties!

I'm with sflake, I'll need to hum since I can't whistle.....on second thought, you probably don't want to hear me hum! Guess I'll just hum quietly to myself. (I thought I was the only person who couldn't whistle!)

Marcie have fun with your card group. It sounds like you made a great lunch for them (and "legal" for you)! Enjoy your day!!

Ruth, is Thera-Paws a therapy dog group? Good luck to you and Hershey! One of my dogs (Riley) is a therapy dog also, we do visits to nursing homes in town. He's such a little ham, he just eats up all the attention, and I love to see the reactions of the nursing home residents when they see us coming. A funny therapy dog story.....One member of our group is a large orange brindle greyhound. On one visit, a sweet little elderly lady saw the greyhound coming into her room, and screamed "get that tiger out of here"!! Nothing could convince her that the "tiger" was actually a sweet gentle dog!

franny, you can't whistle either? Wow, I see I'm in good company! OK, I'm going to sound stupid, but what is NSV? Don't you love it that your pants are getting baggy? I wore a pair on Monday that I think I will need to retire soon! I love it!!

Nothing exciting on my agenda today.....just work. It's been so hot and humid here this past week that I have not been outside walking, so I'm waiting patiently (or non-patiently) for the weather to cool down a bit.

Have a great day at the beach!!!
Old 08-20-2003, 08:34 AM   #6  

Morning everyone!!!

Another day of OP yesterday!! That makes 2 in a row!!
I feel great...

Also took puppy for a 2 mile walk last night and again at 5:30 this morning!!

I think I'm back on track and lovin it

Sounds like everyone is doing well...

I'll have to think about what I'll be whistling today .....

Catcha all later..

Di
Old 08-20-2003, 08:59 AM   #7  
it's always something

Grrrrrr... I'm not a morning person. The only whistling I want to hear is a lullaby to put me back to sleep

But I'll soon hear the roar of small engines. My son is coming over and we are going to mow and edge and trim and wash and paint! (hehe, he thinks he's just coming for lunch and a quick pass with the lawn mower )

We're going to have grilled portabello sandwiches! I've been craving them, but haven't had any luck finding decent buns. Jennifer said stone ground wheat is lowest on the glycemic index, but I couldn't find any buns that didn't include a mixture of white flour. SO... I made my own! I bought a bag of stone ground wheat flour and yeast, found a recipe, and made a batch of very delicious buns. I enjoy making bread anyway, and it beats the fluff on the shelves.

I want to know what NSV is, too !
Old 08-20-2003, 09:11 AM   #8  
Imagine...

NSV is a non scale victory... like needing a smaller size jeans, or a compliment from someone. Maybe a whistle from a construction worker. Anything that reflects weight loss that is not a number on the scale.
Old 08-20-2003, 09:14 AM   #9  
Imagine...

Anyone hear from Ellis?? I was just wondering how her Dad made out with the surgery.
Old 08-20-2003, 09:15 AM   #10  

It's me again. I'm at work, but popped in quick because I wanted to share something with you......for me, this is quite a big change/accomplishment!

I've never been a breakfast eater. When I started SBD it was all I could do to choke down anything, even something small like V-8 juice and a couple bites of cottage cheese. When I mentioned that on this board, I got the advice to keep trying to eat breakfast in the morning, that it is a very important meal, especially for people trying to lose weight. So, every day I've been faithfully eating breakfast, even if only a couple bites of something.

Wellllll.....I didn't have time to eat anything this morning before work, I was in a hurry and didn't have any hard-boiled eggs prepared or any cottage cheese in the refrigerator. So I went without. Now I'm at work, and I'm absolutely starving!! Luckily for me we have a cafeteria where I can get scrambled eggs, which I have sitting in front of me on my desk as I type this.

So I guess the moral of my story is, even for you non-breakfast eaters, keep eating something each morning, and it won't be long and you will have been converted to a breakfast eater! I'm a changed woman!!!

Better get back to work. Have a great day everyone.
Old 08-20-2003, 09:15 AM   #11  

Good morning Beach Beauties....this morning I woke up and felt like throwing in the towell...I think I need therapy!! I can't stay OP for very long. Then I come here and I get inspired again....can some of you come and live with me?
Old 08-20-2003, 09:16 AM   #12  

sflake, you and I must have been posting at the same time.

Thanks for the information on NSV! I love that term!

Ellis' dad's surgery went well. Ellis lost her computer after the blackout, so is off line for a bit, but will be back when she gets a new computer.
Old 08-20-2003, 09:48 AM   #13  
Imagine...

Thanks for the info 2dog I was worried. The same exact thing has happened to me with breakfast. I guess you can teach an old dog a new trick. hehehe
Old 08-20-2003, 10:47 AM   #14  

Whimsey.....
Please don't throw in the towel....PLEASE!!!
It's gonna click, I know it is...
that's why I keep trying...I'm not gonna give up..
There is no reason in the world why we can't be thinner...healthier....it's all up to us.

Whenever I think of having something illegal...I just think of being thin....I know it's gonna be a tough road, but we can do this!!!!

I"ve thought of counseling myself...cuz something keeps getting in my way, but I'm still plugging along...

PLEASE....do it for yourself....take each minute at a time....

I'm here if you need me... sorry I can't move in with you..

Di
Old 08-20-2003, 11:15 AM   #15  

Whimsey and DiDi (and anyone else who may be struggling to stay on track)..... I want to tell you what I'm doing to try to keep myself on the right path.

I bought myself an Italian Charm Bracelet. That was my gift to myself for starting this new WOE. For each 10 pound loss, I will add one charm to the bracelet. Right now I have one charm. When I'm at goal I will have 7 or 8 charms (depending on what I set my final goal as).

I wear this bracelet every day....to work, at home, where ever I am. When I get the urge to stray, I look at that bracelet and it reminds me of what I'm doing, and how far I've come. And if that isn't enough to keep me on track...since the bracelet is "stretchy", I can snap my wrist with it (and it hurts! ) as a more physical reminder (or you could do the same thing with a rubber band).

Then, after all of that, if I still want to eat something that I probably shouldn't, I make the conscious decision to eat it, and then will take the time to savor every bite. I don't feel guilty about my potentially non-healthy choice, knowing that I made the choice fully aware of what I was doing rather than doing it without thinking about what I was doing.

Hang in there ladies, we're all in this together, and if you need advice or support, let us know and we'll do everything we can to help you. And also remember, not one of us is perfect, and we will all stray once in a while, the important thing is to get right back on that wagon and don't let a slip or two make you give up or quit.

{{{{hugs}}}}
Closed Thread