Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 05-14-2012, 02:26 AM   #1  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Default Ughhh why now?! Stretch Marks.

I thought I was in the clear with these beasties. They aren't pretty but from far away you couldn't really tell anymore.

I've been wearing Spanx like every day since I had my daughter. I've taken a few days off here and there, but for the most part I always have a tank on. I'm tall, I don't want to show crack, they hold everything in... just my security blanket.

Today, I discovered another reason. I've been wearing shorts and loose flowy tops all week, so I've been trying to grab the confidence to go without. Then today, I noticed blood on my shirt... I inspected for damage and realized that all around my waist, where my pants rub, the stretch marks are splitting and bleeding . They did this when I was pregnant... but they're not stretched now! What gives?!

Is there anything that will fix this aside from a removal of the skin? I really don't want to live in Spanx for the rest of my life! But, it hurts

Last edited by ValRock; 05-14-2012 at 02:28 AM.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:36 AM   #2  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Height: 5'6

Are the stretch marks white or ourple/pinkish?
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:40 AM   #3  
I can do anything!

They were white/silvery... but now they're looking pretty angry and red. I got them with my son in 2004... didn't get any new ones when I was pregnant in 2007.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:28 AM   #4  

Height: 5'5

I wonder if your skin is just not used to any friction because you wear the spanx everyday so it got really irritated without them.
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:51 AM   #5  
I can do anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypie View Post
I wonder if your skin is just not used to any friction because you wear the spanx everyday so it got really irritated without them.
That's pretty much why I started wearing them, in the first place. When I was pregnant my skin got really irritated by friction. Will I ever be able to not wear them?
Old 05-14-2012, 11:04 AM   #6  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Maybe it's the pants or a particular motion you were making.

I have a slight bit of underarm flab, despite hours of lifting weekly. It's mostly loose skin, based on its behavior & how it hangs. On Friday, I went running in a t-shirt with weird part-cap sleeves. They seem to have curled under at the hem, and chafed red sores on my underarms from my pumping my arms as I ran. (Wish I'd known, as Body Glide would have really helped this.) I know this won't happen constantly, but it's upsetting. I wonder if, for you, it's something like that.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:50 PM   #7  

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValRock View Post
That's pretty much why I started wearing them, in the first place. When I was pregnant my skin got really irritated by friction. Will I ever be able to not wear them?
if that is what it is I don't think it will get any better if you don't let it adapt.
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote