Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-14-2012, 02:27 AM   #1  
Diet Started: 1/4/10

S/C/G: 164/ticker/99

Height: 5'0"

Default Looking for a Weekly Recipe Website

Hi everyone!

Incredibly exciting things are happening in my life. I have the most wonderful, high-paying internship opportunity this summer and I'll be graduating from college this time next year. That means that paying for food will no longer be an issue in my future!

Today I buy my own food, but I don't pay for it. My father is kind enough to support me during my college years, and I make a point to purchase cheap, on-sale food items. (In the past I have been chastized for buying meats or greens that, according to him, were overpriced. Why buy fresh veggies when you can get frozen broccoli much cheaper? Why pay those expensive prices for shrimp when, if you wait patiently, chicken will be on super-sale eventually?)

I've already looked into and plan to be part of a CSA, which will happily deliver fresh, locally grown fruits and veggies to my door each week. I really enjoy this prospect, because I won't necessarily know what those veggies will be which means that I'll need to expand my palet. I always have trouble buying veggies because I only stick to the ones that I know that I love, and ignore the rest.

However, I would also like an easy way to do recipies. Recipies are the most difficult part to me, and require so much planning and research and god forbid you forget to get an important ingredient! I'm conviced that there HAS to be a website out there that can formulate weekly meal plans based on which foods you already have and can also produce a grociery list to buy the items that you don't have but you'll need.

I'm looking for something that requires very little work on my hand. I would LOVE for the option to say "My CSA box this week came with green garlic, asparagus, radishes, arugula, or some other veggie that I've never worked with--what can I do to make it the star of my dish for some meal?"
Wild Vulpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:53 AM   #2  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Maybe something like this? http://www.recipematcher.com/

I also often do searches by ingredient on epicurious: http://www.epicurious.com/recipesmenus/advancedsearch

Last edited by chickadee32; 05-14-2012 at 02:54 AM.
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/120/125

Height: 5'6"

www.ziplist.com has a weekly meal planner. I haven't tried it yet, but plan to.

http://get.ziplist.com/how-it-works/...-meal-planning
Mollewogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:07 AM   #4  
...and I need to dance!

S/C/G: 176.6/144.4/140

Height: 5'3"

Here's a great book that I have found that will help you cook those seasonal veggies:

http://www.amazon.com/From-Asparagus.../dp/0972121781

skinnytaste.com is my favorite blog but it doesn't really cover what you were looking for. Still a great weekly cooking blog!
SisterFunk is offline   Reply With Quote