Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-12-2012, 07:42 AM   #1  

Default reception concerns

I finally hit the 30 pound mark and held it for a couple of days. This is going to be a hard weekend to continue on our program.

My husbands BFF is getting married today and the reception is a "tail gait" party (jeans, sports shirts & drinking). Plus, we have no control over our meal. To top it off, we had to go to a bbq for the wedding party last night, so its 2 nights of the same problem...

Last night my husband ate only a burger, no sides, I had a couple chips with mine. I took this into consideration when I made our breakfast & lunch, so our intake was still on target, but we just don't eat this type of stuff and this is the first real challenge we've faced so far.
BusyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 168/159.5/140

Height: 5'8"

I understand your frustration, but it sounds like you are navigating this weekend in a reasonable manner. There are some times when you cannot control the food, and in that case you make the best choices available and let it go, and it sounds like that is exactly what you are doing. Even if you go over target for a day or two, it's not the end of the world.

This is a celebration, and to ruin it for yourselves by obsessing over the food will take all the fun out of it.

To make yourself feel a bit better, think about how you might have eaten over this weekend before your diet, and compare the calorie savings to how you are handling it now. Even if it's over plan a little bit, it is probably way better than you might have done otherwise, so celebrate that.

PS: congrats on losing 30 lbs! :-)

Last edited by gardend1va; 05-12-2012 at 07:58 AM. Reason: added PS
gardend1va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:01 AM   #3  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

I can't improve on what gardendiva said. It's sounds like you're doing a great job with moderation and that's fantastic! This is a good time to relax and enjoy yourself, so don't get too caught up on the calories. Have fun! Just don't overdo it!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:31 AM   #4  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Sounds like you are doing great! When it comes to the alcohol, opt for some lower calories choices, such as a wine spritzer or lite beer. Also you can order Perrier or other sparkling water. I also find that lots of times, the food doesn't even taste that good, so just take a taste of everything, and leave the rest on your plate.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:44 AM   #5  

Thank you to everyone who responded. I appreciate the support and encouragement!

The menu wasn't nearly as bad as i feared, they served lunch meat sandwiches and some smokes, meat balls etc. Food you might find at a tail gait. It was easy to make good choices.
BusyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:19 AM   #6  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

Yes, welcome to summer - the season of graduations, cookouts, and all in all food extravaganza.

I think you did great - you can still go to everything, but just don't eat everything - or just less of everything. Beer is a whole other issue....

Vex is offline   Reply With Quote