Old 05-12-2012, 10:24 AM   #1  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

Default 20/20 Episode on loosing weight

Did anyone watch the episode last night on loosing weight, scams, celebrirty endorsements and the feeding tube diet? I'm at work and watching / listening to it while I work.

There's a segment talking about a doctor who will put a feeding tube into your stomach and it feeds you 800 calories a day for 10 days and puts you into ketosis. I'd so much rather eat IP meals and learn how to eat right! Plus, who wants to walk around like that!

I'm glad I found IP, because I've fallen for some of the things that they are talking about on the show, and this site tells me that IP really does work (unless you all are just paid by IP to pretend you're successful on this protocol).

Watch it, it's interesting and makes me want to make this protocol work more than ever.
Lynnie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Ha ha. I'm not being paid! Ip is great!
A feeding tube is not....it just seems so extreme.
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Yes, I really haven't lost 86 lbs. I'm actually still this fat lady sitting at my computer all day just saying how great IP is ( LOL ).

Seriously though, I'm sorry I didn't catch the show last night. I've done so many of the diets out there, and the only ones that really worked before trying IP was Atkins. I found low carb is the way to lose weight and really turn it into a way of life for me. However even with Atkins I never lost what I've lost with IP, nor was I able to stick with it like I have IP. The company doesn't lie when it says this is your last diet. It truthfully doesn't get better than this.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:43 AM   #4  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

I watched it on ABC TV's website, just Google it and it's there.

This protocol has already (in my 6th week) changed my habits. After work DM & DS and I are gong to the shore (Conn.) and not eating lunch until around 2, so right now I'm eating romaine and a couple of egg whites so I wont be starving. Planning ahead, what a concept.
Lynnie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynnie63 View Post

I'm glad I found IP
Didn't see the show but read about the tubing feed. I guess people are that desperate! Glad I found IP too, I love this plan!!!

You know there is so many commercials on other diet plans, I wonder why IP doesn't have a commercial?
ProteinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:25 PM   #6  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

In our area IP doesn't advertise at all. Seems strange for a program with so much success. In fact i have never seen an IP ad anywhere. Wonder why?
Longhorn Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 172.2/153/140

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Energy View Post
In our area IP doesn't advertise at all. Seems strange for a program with so much success. In fact i have never seen an IP ad anywhere. Wonder why?
I have been wondering the same thing too...
Teden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
I'm glad I found IP, because I've fallen for some of the things that they are talking about on the show, and this site tells me that IP really does work (unless you all are just paid by IP to pretend you're successful on this protocol).
LOL!!!

I get two free IP packets per day to post positive comments about IP...

Just kidding...I only get one!!!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:35 PM   #9  
Pacific Northwest Loser

S/C/G: 300/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Did anyone watch the episode last night on loosing weight, scams, celebrirty endorsements and the feeding tube diet? I'm at work and watching / listening to it while I work.

There's a segment talking about a doctor who will put a feeding tube into your stomach and it feeds you 800 calories a day for 10 days and puts you into ketosis. I'd so much rather eat IP meals and learn how to eat right! Plus, who wants to walk around like that!

Watch it, it's interesting and makes me want to make this protocol work more than ever.
I saw it. First time I've turned on the TV in weeks and of course since I'm dieting...

Oh my, the feeding tube thing seems outrageous to me. Who would want to walk around with that on their face all day. People would ask you, "what the heck?"

And to carry the food with you everywhere. A little too wierd for me. I am so glad we found IP. It seems so easy to me. I did a google search and can't find any long term testimonials. You know, people who did IP two years ago and still kept the weight off. That's what I'd like to see.

Thanks for posting this subject line. Good discussion. It's so sad to me that people are dying to be thin, literally. I had a friend who weighed 200lbs so she went to Mexico for the lapband surgery. She looks great now in bikini photos and tried to encourage me to do the same. I explained my concerns about the risks of surgery. She told me she'd rather die than be fat. Not me!
sunshinered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:18 PM   #10  
Just keep swimming!

S/C/G: 216/196/140

Height: 5'4"

I just saw the cover of Woman's World or something like that where it's suggesting that 2 days of doing low carb dieting is not only enough for a woman to lose 8 lbs (um, like who, the woman who is 500 lbs???) but that all you have to do is be low carb for 2 days a week consistently and be losing 216% more than people doing nonstop diet plans. Really? Yeah right. LOL.
ferrousgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:22 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 287/144/150

IP is great! I have been on it since 11/1 and As of today I have officially loost 85 lbs and I am soooo close to being under 200 lbs for the first time since high school.(I hope to make it these next week. I never dreamed that I would get down to this weight without cheating once.
JKfromIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #12  
Pacific Northwest Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfromIL View Post
IP is great! I have been on it since 11/1 and As of today I have officially loost 85 lbs and I am soooo close to being under 200 lbs for the first time since high school.(I hope to make it these next week. I never dreamed that I would get down to this weight without cheating once.
Congratulations!! That is fabulous and so exciting! You must feel terrific!
Nice job!
Old 05-12-2012, 05:54 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 287/144/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinered View Post
Congratulations!! That is fabulous and so exciting! You must feel terrific!
Nice job!
Thanks! 7 mos ago I never thought I would make it this far. But once you get in the swing of things it gets easier. I used to read posts of people under 200 lbs and think.... It would take so long to get there... But, now I am almost there
JKfromIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:06 PM   #14  
Pacific Northwest Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfromIL View Post
Thanks! 7 mos ago I never thought I would make it this far. But once you get in the swing of things it gets easier. I used to read posts of people under 200 lbs and think.... It would take so long to get there... But, now I am almost there

Yeah it actually sounds like you lost it pretty fast. Incredible.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:04 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 220 / see ticker / 140

Height: 5'4"

LOL I saw that last night with my 10 year old. Funnniest thing is that at one point they were talking about Weight Watchers. And she looked at me and says I don't know why they aren't talking about your diet its way better .... I mean how long have you been doing it ... and how much have you lost? And how long did you do Weight watchers (forever) and how much did you lose (pretty much nothing). She is my biggest cheerleader lately ... but those weight watcher commercials make her mad every time.
Cole3 is offline   Reply With Quote