South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 06:38 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Weekend Chat - May 12 & 13

Good morning. Just celebrated the start of the weekend with coffee on the back deck serenaded by the birds. It was a tad chilly at 39ºF or 4ºC but sure was nice out there. There's a chance of a shower or two today but I hope they are wrong. I have a graveside memorial service this afternoon and lent my umbrella to Karen last week.

I'm planning to make the most of the sunshine this morning by spending as much time as I can on the garden. I am still digging plants for the sale and also turfing out a very strange grass/weed from the area Moel may till this weekend. Robyn helped me get a good start on clearing the asparagus bed and it is gearing up for a bounteous crop this year. Guess what I'm having for lunch - asparagus and HB eggs in a fake cream sauce on toast!

While I wait for it to warm up a bit, I'll tackle the stack of bills I need to pay for the Mill. Don't these idiots know I'd rather be gardening? Next week is jam-packed so I need to get rid of as many niggles as possible.

How does your Mother's Day Weekend look? Remember to take time for you whether or not you are a mother although we all "mother" someone or something.

Enjoy!
Old 05-12-2012, 06:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Ruth - Enjoy the gardening. I wish I had green thumbs or liked to garden, purple thumbs and all.

I have a busy day: working 11-2 today, then a graduation open house for three neighbor girls, then going to dinner with my MIL. My teen made it safely home... well... let's say he made NEAR home. He spent his first night at a friend's house and I know he has tons of graduation parties to visit himself today so have no idea when I'll see him.

Tomorrow I work most of the day; I volunteered since I don't mind and some of the gals really wanted the day off. When I get home we'll have a casual dinner with my mom; hopefully DH will get everything prepped and the house cleaned while I'm out.

Have a great weekend, all.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Oh, boy! Your lunch sounds positively lovely, Ruth. If I left now I could be there in time for lunch.

I'm glad I'm feeling much better than yesterday. I had some kind of annoying thing going on where I ached all over and had a headache all day and just couldn't shake it. I did my best to just ignore it, though, and did manage to accomplish everything I had planned. I got the flowers in the front yard and side gardens planted, and Jake got the rest of the garden tilled so it's all ready to be planted today. I still have 4 flats of flowers waiting to be planted and pots to fill, so it's looking like today is going to be a busy day.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:50 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I'm spending a quiet weekend at my parents'. Mom and I are heading to the farmer's market hoping for more asparagus I sure hope it stays dry enough to get in my garden this week. I haven't been able to do anything since early April.

Cottage - so glad you are feeling better

Karen - I hope they make you a nice dinner tomorrow

Ruth - good luck with the niggles.

Okay, off for more coffee.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow, you ladies are busy and productive! I slept in until 7:40...woo hoo!! But my DS was up at 6:30 to work on the new legos ninjago toy he bought (with his own money) last night. I wish we would've told him he couldn't touch it until after 8 am...it was like Christmas for him, he was too excited!

I hope to work on my garden this am, my DH picked me up a load of dirt last night, which will hopefully make part of my garden easier to work with. Then we actually have a sitter for the afternoon, our first real date in 7 months! We are going to take our bikes to the rails to trails, and then ride to supper, and back again. It will be delightful to ride at a decent pace and not stop every 1/2 mile or so!!

Have a great weekend!
Old 05-12-2012, 08:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning and Happy early Mother's Day. Working until 7, then quick stop at Home Depot. Tonight is housecleaning, because I want to wake up to a clean house tomorrow. Tomorrow will be spent working outside. My sister invited us to dinner, but I declined. The past few years have been challenging with my son. Sadly a lot of the joy motherhood has given me has diminished terribly. Now I just try to survive most days. I know it could be worse, but he makes me feel so insignificant at times. Last year he informed me he would spend Mother's Day with his girlfriend's mom. Even though he chooses to live with me, it is not out of love. It is a long complicated sad story. But I keep trying to reach him and pray things will be ok in time. Sorry for "dumping" but it is easier sharing here than with my family and friends. Last night I did binge on nuts, but was able to stop myself before Losing complete control. Today will be a better day
Old 05-12-2012, 09:29 AM   #7  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning & happy Mother's Day weekend chicks!
I haven't been posting every day but I've been trying to read the posts. I've been in a funk lately. I've stuck to plan for the most part with only a few slip ups and the scale has been kind so I'm trying to get back on track today. There just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day to get everything done that needs to be done let alone what I want to be done.
Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning chicks,

Ruth - I hope the weather staves off!
Karen - I am with you, I have a black thumb!
Cottage - glad you are feeling better!
Cyndi - asparagus sounds yummy...
Twynn - Enjoy your date!
Jennifer - I too want to wake to a clean house...only DW is napping now. At least I got the laundry together and started. I hope you have more luck!
Kelly - if you find more time, send it on over

As for me, good news is I get a promotion at work - bad news is no salary bump and more work. So goes life. I need to clean and cook this weekend now that the stomach virus has moved on from me and onto DW I am hoping it is just stress for her and not what I have but those sheets need to be WASHED!

Happy mother's day to all the moms.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #9  
Dee2

S/C/G: 196/186/145 (JC 5-11)

Height: 5'4

Hello all. Newbie question. Do I really need to buy the book for the diet or can I manage without it? Thanks.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee2 View Post
Hello all. Newbie question. Do I really need to buy the book for the diet or can I manage without it? Thanks.
Read the book. It's essential to understand the basics of this way of eating and why you should avoid certain foods, plus it's a good read. You can find the original book or the newer version in most libraries if you just want to borrow one. Either book is good and both explain the plan in detail.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:33 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/183.2/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Evening Chickies:

Just finished the day at the dance studio for pictures of my girls and their team-mates. Another fun filled picture taking day tomorrow as well. At least tomorrow I only have one kid to get ready instead of two. (I am assuming that must be my mothers day gift from the studio!)

Been super busy at work lately and haven't had much time to post, but I am staying on plan. The scale has been very nice to me. I am down another pound this week. Looks like I might really meet or exceed my May goal

Hope everyone's mothers day is fantastic.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:27 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and Happy Mother's Day to us all. (We all "mother" even if it's just a plant!)

We escaped any rain yesterday but are sure making up for it this morning. I still have no umbrella so it'll be a raincoat for Church this morning. It's a good thing I got some jobs done in the garden yesterday. Robyn is supposed to come for two hours this afternoon and I'll have to find some barn chores to keep her busy unless it stops. (It damages clay soil if you walk on it while it's wet - it's also incredibly slippery and messy!)

Not sure what else is planned for the day - with both my kids far away, we don't do MDay except for phone calls. Yes, I am a bit envious and would love to be taken out - even to McDonalds!

Enjoy your day whatever is happening. It's a gift - that's why it's called the present.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:47 AM   #13  

Happy Mother's Day!

Aw, Ruth, too bad you aren't closer so you could spend the day with us. Jake and I are getting ready to head over to NJ for a pancake breakfast at Monica's church and watching Carley's Sunday school class put on a special Mother's Day program. Later, Jake is going to take all "his girls" out for a nice dinner before we head home.

We got our whole garden planted yesterday. It was funny to watch Tyler keep running down to check on his watermelon to see if it was growing yet. I planted impatiens all around the back patio and got all the containers planted, too. It was nice sit on the patio and enjoy a glass of wine after such a productive day.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:25 AM   #14  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning
Happy Mother's Day Ruth and Cottage
I'm going to breakfast with my parents then driving back home. I'll take it slow and work on enjoying the scenery and the birds.

I'm starting to think my garden will never get in. There's rain in the forecast again tonight and tomorrow. It's not ever supposed to be good to work wet soil so I keep waiting. I'm thinking big patches of a few items rather than variety at this point - tomatoes, kale, basil, and a couple of squash hills.

Right now it's time for more coffee.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:30 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning and happy mother's day to all you chicks out there!

Cottage- that sounds like a delightful day!
Ruth - maybe treat yourself out since they can't? where do they live?

Yesterday was great - DH and I went on a bike ride, wound up going 31 miles. Didn't really intend that, but alas...it went well and was good exercise. DH asked me what I want to do today....LOL! I don't often get a choice, so I don't know what to say! I'm thinking of finding some obscure but fabulous hike within a couple of hours to go to. It's supposed to be a pretty day! We'll still go to church though, we have a campus minister speaking and he is FABULOUS. He is very gifted in his speaking (and doesn't even go on and on for too long!), so I am looking forward to that too.

Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

PS - my DH actually had the coffee premade for me - WOO HOO!

Cyndi - you snuck in! Good luck with the garden, I often regret putting some things in.

Last edited by TwynnB; 05-13-2012 at 07:31 AM.
Closed Thread