Old 05-12-2012, 08:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Default Metamucil?

I have big C problems where floralax and novilax don't help anymore. The dieters tea helps but since i have IBS, lets just say its not compatible. I remember pre kids, i had huge C problems too where suppositories and dr. prescribed enamas didn't work eirher.

The only thing that worked was metamucil. So i was wondering if i could use it. Its 20calories but it does have 5g carbs but 3g fiber. I would not use restricted to make up for the extra carbs.

Since wed. I haven't taken anything to help and this morning being my 3rd day not going, tried a suppository with very little success. I'm desperate to find a solution.
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

I have a sugar free version that I was told I could use. Three days? I'm worried for you...try dulolax the pill version? Metamucil might be the trick after it starts moving again......have you talked to the pharmacist?

Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/162/140

Height: 5'1"

I use Miralax everyday in my first cup of coffee. it has 17 grams of fiber and no calories. I have always had problems with being constipated and my doctor told me to take this everyday and if I need to take two doses.

Peg
pegv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #4  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Peg~ Huh, that's good to know. So far I haven't had any "C" issues...does that mean something is not happening right with me? I'll be finishing up week 3 on Monday, and was told that I'd "for sure be having issues" by now...
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegv View Post
I use Miralax everyday in my first cup of coffee. it has 17 grams of fiber and no calories. I have always had problems with being constipated and my doctor told me to take this everyday and if I need to take two doses.

Peg
Thanks, i'll look into it! I'm just so tired of dealing with this. And the more laxative stuff i take, the lazier my bowels are getting which just makes things worse.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/141.6/145

Height: 5' 9"

Do you walk a lot? When I was prego I was very sick and had to take zofran which really bad big C problems. They had me walk a LOT especially when it would make my back hurt. Walking does help, maybe try adding fifteen minutes in the morning and fifteen at night to help the supplements you are taking do their work.

Have you ever heard of the supplement called 'calm'? It is mainly made out of magnesium. I was taking it for anxiety issues and had to stop because it worked way to well in the bathroom department.

Good luck!
Stefany1769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 02:34 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefany1769 View Post
Do you walk a lot? When I was prego I was very sick and had to take zofran which really bad big C problems. They had me walk a LOT especially when it would make my back hurt. Walking does help, maybe try adding fifteen minutes in the morning and fifteen at night to help the supplements you are taking do their work.

Have you ever heard of the supplement called 'calm'? It is mainly made out of magnesium. I was taking it for anxiety issues and had to stop because it worked way to well in the bathroom department.

Good luck!
I do walk but will tey to increase it. I have the calm and it didn't work and i was using almost double dosage
Old 05-12-2012, 03:21 PM   #8  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Peg~ Huh, that's good to know. So far I haven't had any "C" issues...does that mean something is not happening right with me? I'll be finishing up week 3 on Monday, and was told that I'd "for sure be having issues" by now...
For most of us, eating the veggies & salad should provide enough fiber to get moving. So sorry for those with issues, usually my cup of coffee (in my spinach smoothie) is my trick.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

i had huge problems with this right from the start. The thing that really helped was to stop taking the cal/mag supplement and just use the cal/ potassium one and also take a non IP magnesium one.

Calcium causes constipation and magnesium helps with it.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:13 PM   #10  
Started IP 2/23/2012

S/C/G: 192.2/142.4/140

Miralax is what my coach said to use. She also told me to use more than the bottle recommends if it is bad. Worked wonders for me as well.
mooselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

And make sure you are drinking all the water and using the salt. Constipation is often a sodium imbalance....
Momto2cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefany1769 View Post

Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
And make sure you are drinking all the water and using the salt. Constipation is often a sodium imbalance....
I starte measuring my salt yesterday and after using what i thought was lots, i still had quite a bit left at the end of the day, which i just ate lol. So I'll be making sure i get my salt everyday as i obviously never did.

I drink 4 l of water a day so I'm ok with that.

I'm also going to stop the cal/mag, had cut it down to 2 a day but will try none.

Checked several.drugstore and just can't find miralax, maybe its not in canada. Got metamucil yesterday and had some then and today, nothing yet but hppefully soon.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 286/262/176

Height: 5'8"

You can have Avocado, Beans, Broccoli, Brussels sprouts and Cabbage, they are all high in fibre.

Doesn't Metamucil have a glogging agent, or something that forms like a solid jelly in your stomach?

I have tried Benefiber which works well and is easy to take, not sure if it's available for you, but do a search for it.
collingwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:09 AM   #14  

I bought the Walmart store brand of Miralax, it's called Clear Lax it has the same ingredients as Miralax. Polyethylene Glycol 3350.
sabredawn10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:24 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredawn10 View Post
I bought the Walmart store brand of Miralax, it's called Clear Lax it has the same ingredients as Miralax. Polyethylene Glycol 3350.
Oh thanks, i'm going to check it out.

At this point i was looking to get the kit you use to empty yourself for a colonostomy test as (ok the rest is in white as its TMI and gross so read at your own risk, lol) I was able to go a tiny bit this morning but with great difficulty but its always very skinny which makes me think i might have a blokage somewhere which the poo has to get around. I also have tons of mucus and jelly type thing which i don't think is good. At this point i need something to unblock me totally as beside a tiny bit saturday and this morning, i haven't really gone since last wednesday.

Oh and i'm up another 0.6 so that's 2 whole lbs i put on in the past week..

Last edited by Busymomx4; 05-14-2012 at 08:31 AM.