Old 05-10-2012, 09:14 PM   #1  

Default On My Own buyproteinfood.com

I'm trying the IP diet on my own without a clinic or a coach. My first week I just ate three meals daily all low in carbs, sugar and fat. Surprisingly I lost 5lbs. The 2nd week I used all ProtiDiet foods and lost 4lbs. Last week I ordered the actual IP foods from buyproteinfood.com The Protein Store. It arrived yesterday. I started it today and have been so disappointed! I had a Pina Colada for breakfast which was not good! It had a sour taste! A snack in between of 1cup cucumber. For lunch I had the Chicken Noodle soup mixed with 1cup broccoli, absolutely horrible! Dinner I ate a chicken breast with 2cups veggies and just now I had a bananna pudding, gross! Did I just order the "not the best" IP foods or is this website selling spoiled IP products? I am really disapointed! The ProtiDiet food tasted much better than the actual IP products and it was much cheaper! Has anyone else ordered from this website? Could it be their products or did I just order the "not very good" IP products?
BlackSky07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:40 PM   #2  
On IP since 04/29/12

S/C/G: 228/187/135

According to my personnal experience (and taste of course ;-) ) - those are not the best IP products. I like the Pina Colada as a drink with lots of crushed ice ;-) The other two products I really don't like. I guess the only way to know is to try the products and discover the ones you like and those you don't. I tried ProtiLife products and really hated the chicken noodle soup, was horrible to me. But my friend loves them... ;-)
Aud007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Yes I ordered from this website and the products were fine. You just happened to pick ones that won't be favorites for you.Go to the recipe threads and you will find ideas to use the pacakages you don't like in different way. The banana pudding should be good made into the little cakes you can make from any of the pudding mixes.

Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 192/see ticker/140

Height: 5'-4"

I have tried almost all the non restricted IP products (from my coach). My favorite are Chocolate drink mix, yogurt drink mix. As far as puddings go- the butterscotch and lemon are pretty good-not chocolate or vanilla. The only soup I liked was the broccoli cheese. The herb and cheese omelet is good and the most filling and you can mix veggies. Jello is also good. The ready made drinks are also awesome with coffee- don't know if the website offers those.

Since you like cucumbers- I eat them everyday with the yogurt mix. I just do 4oz of water and make in a dip constancy and dip my cucumbers.

You just picked out the gross ones. I hated the leek and chicken soups and pina colada.

As far as restricted, they are all good but my favorites are lemon poppy bar and BBQ Ridges.

Just some ideas for your next order! Good luck!

Last edited by Baracuda; 05-11-2012 at 01:13 AM.
Baracuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:18 AM   #5  
twotots

S/C/G: 221/197/147

Height: 5ft 4in.

I have just made 3 x cup cakes with my banana pudding mix. There is a link to the recipe on the "It's Thursday what are you eating thread" I also use it as a shake adding coffee , dash of wf chocolate sauce and sweetener for a long iced coffee. I hated the pina colada, but I think over lots of ice it could be doable.
carolirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

My IP favorites:

- Any of the bars, but vanilla PB and lemon poppy were my favs
- Chocolate drink (powder)
- Chocolate drink (RTD)
- Lemon Pudding
- Butterscotch Pudding
- Wildberry yogurt drink

Also, I just tried to get onto that website and it said "under maintenance". When did you purchase from them?
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Jenny: Try [email protected]. They are having some problems with the old addy but the one I listed should be good. BlackSky: I agree with the other posters that you just seemed to pick items that you do not like but most items are fine. BuyProteinFood provides very fast service, provides excellent products, and Daisy offers that personal touch. Daisy is very helpful in answering questions also. You can also purchase single packets on some items.

Last edited by qsuzi1; 05-11-2012 at 02:07 PM.
qsuzi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:27 AM   #8  

I order all of my IP products from this site. Everything is fresh. I agree with what has already been said. I don't like the chicken noodle or tomato basil soups. Everything else I really like. Different people, different tastes, but there isn't anything wrong with the products.
Andie0606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #9  

http://shopforprotein.com/
This is the address Daisy sent me, and it worked earlier this week.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:03 PM   #10  

Thank You everyone! I was afraid to eat anymore of the packets thinking it was bad. The aftertaste of the bananna reminded me of medicine! Just awful! But I feel much better knowing that others have used this website and that it was just bad choices on my part. I did mix half of the ready made Vanilla with half bananna pudding mix and ice in a blender this morning and it tasted much better! I will look into the recipes posted to see what else I can do with this bananna pudding. I didnt see any yesterday but I must have been looking in the wrong spot! Thank you so much! I'm so glad I found this website!
BlackSky07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #11  

Thanks! shopforprotein.com worked!
Old 05-11-2012, 03:09 PM   #12  

Jenny: Do you use baking powder in your pudding cake? I may have undercooked your recipe so can you tell me about what the consistency of it after baking should be? Thank you.

Last edited by qsuzi1; 05-11-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:58 PM   #13  

No, no baking powder. I sometimes have to cook mine for 15-18 minutes, depending on the flavor. Butterscotch & lemon seem to take longer. It is not really a "cake" consistancy. More like an undercooked cake or brownie. Almost like a cakey-mousse.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:22 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
No, no baking powder. I sometimes have to cook mine for 15-18 minutes, depending on the flavor. Butterscotch & lemon seem to take longer. It is not really a "cake" consistancy. More like an undercooked cake or brownie. Almost like a cakey-mousse.
My "cakes" deflate so that they resemble thick pancakes. Is this normal? (Still taste good!)
Old 05-11-2012, 07:17 PM   #15  

Thank you Jenny.