Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #1  

Default Is it just me or is it harder to loose 14 lbs than 40?

I have at most 14lbs before my ultimate goal weight. I just cant get the motivation to do it. I have no idea what is wrong with me. Like i suppose because at my current weight (i think somewhere between 140-150) things are okay. I can fit into a size 8, get male attention and nothing wiggles too much.

I would love to loose 14lbs but cant be pushed, anyone else feel similar?
They want to lose weight but aren't that pushed.
irishcanary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:47 AM   #2  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

YES. A million times YES.

I can maintain what I've lost with no problem, at this point. But these last few lbs... they're hanging on for dear life!! The first 100 came off easier than these are, for sure!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Height: 5'6"

Yup!! I've lost weight before going from 190 - 140 and then gained to 155..I can always get down to 135 but going down any further seems almost impossible.
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:46 PM   #4  

YES. Because I was losing and regaining the same 20 lbs for the past 4 years, I am accustomed to 10 lb/month losses. A secret part of me wants another 10 lb loss, but I have to accept that that may be very hard to do again. So I just keep on sticking with my ways and plugging along. I have around 16 lbs to lose (maybe more if I want a "water weight" buffer) and I would be thrilled to get there in 3 months, maybe it will take way longer than that, but if I can spend at least part of the summer regulating my goal weight and enjoying my new size that would be great.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

I am suddenly finding it very hard to lose weight. I still have at least 30 pounds to go, but the weight sure did come off faster in the beginning when I was closer to 200lbs.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #6  
say what?

I feel the same, but I also came to realise it's not really that hard. Atleast, it seems like that to me now, but I won't know for sure till I am at goal.

The answer is quite simple: stick to your plan diligently. When it's about the last few lbs you can't overestimate your calories here and there. You can't not go for your exercise as you planned. You can't sneak in more carbs than you know you should. You have to stick to your plan very closely and watch your macro nutrients.

So, it's harder in a sense because you have to really pay attention, but it's not that hard because you know what you have to do and since you've been at it for so long it should come quite easy. In the beginning I had to learn to exercise and had to read tons about nutrition. Now I don't have do to do all that. I just do what I know I have to and that's it.

(Unless TOM comes around, then I go nuts and it aint pretty. LOL)
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:55 PM   #7  

Yeah, i agree. For about 2 or so years i maintained around 136-140lbs. Looking back it was fine because i stuck to working out and never went above 1500 cals, if i did i just worked out a lot more.

Now my life style is really sedentary (DAMM YOU POST GRAD) so its hard to lose weight quickly. Right now i guess i just want to get the hang of 1200 and 1500 and i am hoping for the best.

I keep saying i would rather be a size 6 than a size 8 (who wouldn't?) i suppose with the masters right now i just have other priorities.
irishcanary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #8  

S/C/G: HW160/SW 156/CW125/GW120ish

Height: 5'2"

Yes! Less than 2 months for the first 19lbs, and now it has been over two weeks with one measly lb lost. It's so frustrating. Nothing to do but keep going though, I guess. I'm not happy at a size 6-8 and medium shirts, I don't have many clothes in this size, and I really don't want to go out and buy more when I know that about 5lbs more will put me in 4-6 sizes and small shirts.
Only Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #9  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Oh yeah the first 50lb came off like nothing! then 10lb took a struggle, and now the last 15 are being deadly.

Try and do calorie cycling. But don't give up, YOU CAN DO IT!
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #10  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Definitely! We have a support thread for the last 10-20lbs because I really do think this is an issue. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...-10-20lbs.html I have 16lbs left and it's been fairly slow going. It's hard also because I'm so much happier with my body now that the motivation is somewhat lacking!
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 170/*see ticker*/120

Height: 5'3

i'm in a similar situation. The big weight was easy to loose, now that I'm at my last 5-10 pounds its really hard to continue to loose as I am now content with my current weight as 125 was my original goal as thats how much I was back in high school. But i'm still not exactly happy when I see the number creep up to 126 or 127, so I need to push myself to get 115-120 so I can stay around 120-125. And i've NEVER been that small beofre, I was always 125-130. So getting these last few pounds off and staying motivated is quite the challenge. Though as soon as I see another pound loss my motivation once again picks up, and I just try to keep looking ahead that if I keep doing what I'm doing, little by little these last few pounds will come off.

Good luck to you on your 14 pounds!
SoCalCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:29 AM   #12  
Better Posture

S/C/G: 145/125/glutes

Height: 5'6.5''

I went up to the 140īs range and maintained there for a few years. I totally get what you're experiencing. I remember being somehow OK with my body and thinking that going down on weight was impossible.

First I'd say that you are at least maintaining your weight and this is something huge a lot of people struggle to do so good for you, be grateful to yourself.

I can tell you what worked for me going down to the 120's. I was basically maintaining in a weight range so I started making tiny changes in my eating patterns. I started giving up sugar in my coffee and tea, less milk in them, no sugary drinks at all, no sugary yoghurts, switched to whole foods, gave up pasta, no chips at home, reduce sugar added goodies... It took me some 3 years to get to the 120's but I made it so gradually that it is really easy for me to maintain here. I still work everyday to make healthier changes in my eating but I'm very happy to do it in this somehow efortless manner.

I would also like to add that going down to the 120's didn't give me the body that I want. When you are a featherweight fitness is really important. I have been recently added heavy weight lifting to my exercise routine and I'm loving the results, so even if you find yourself struggling to lose the last 20 pounds don't disregard starting a weight lifting routine because probably you would love the results even more than losing those pounds.
carpediem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:56 AM   #13  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramelkitty View Post
Oh yeah the first 50lb came off like nothing! then 10lb took a struggle, and now the last 15 are being deadly.

Try and do calorie cycling. But don't give up, YOU CAN DO IT!
I have to agree. The last 15 should be called "The Feisty 15: hahaha..
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:20 AM   #14  
say what?

Nobody is really replying to my reply (which is fine!!) but now I am just wondering -

- Don't you feel like it's easier at the end because you know how weightloss works?
- Don't you feel like it's easier because you don't have to feel out of breath and like you are about to die when doing exercise, like in the beginning?

I agree that the lbs come off faster in the beginning - but that does not mean it's EASIER. I am in no hurry to get to my goalweight, and even though the weightloss slows some, it feels easier to do the right thing by my body because I am in the whole healthy mindset by now. And I know I can maintain by the time I get to goal.

I guess if you only look at the scale then yeh, it's harder. But to me that's really not the whole picture of weightloss.

Last edited by philana; 05-10-2012 at 04:21 AM.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #15  
Fitter, Happier, Awesomer

S/C/G: 168/maintaining 115-120

Height: 5' 6"

I feel like it's easy for me to drop a little bit of weight... when I really WANT to do it. Like many of you guys have said, it's a matter of motivation and focus for me. If I really want, I can decide to drop a few pounds pretty quickly: ok, keep my calories around x number (no cheats), watch my protein, add in a little short intense cardio, make sure I'm doing plenty of walking. But this feels like a lot of work compared to maintenance for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philana View Post
Nobody is really replying to my reply (which is fine!!) but now I am just wondering -

- Don't you feel like it's easier at the end because you know how weightloss works?
- Don't you feel like it's easier because you don't have to feel out of breath and like you are about to die when doing exercise, like in the beginning?
Knowing how to do it doesn't solve my motivation issues, and I still feel out of breath when I'm exercising. I'm just exercising at an intensity that would've sent me to the hospital if I'd tried it early on, lol.
sumire is offline   Reply With Quote