South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 06:24 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Beach Chat - Wednesday, May 9

Good morning from Dogland Delta! I acquired a Gold Lab for a few hours last night when Karen's dog Rolly decided he needed me. Karen was out at a meeting and R. decided to come calling. It didn't bother him that the screen door was closed! He's gone now but I sure have a lot of fluffy Golden fur in my kitchen. Disney and Jazz are non-shedders but this guy ... He should be bald! (I'm not sure that I'm flattered to have a dog in love with me but hey!)

Got my diuretic yesterday and dropped 3 pounds of water in 24 hours. Whew! My new garden helper, Robyn, started yesterday and I was able work work with her without a problem. She is a quick learner and was digging and potting things properly by the end of our two hours. She's 14 and delighted to be able to earn some money. It was nice to get a good start on potting plants for the sale on the 19th.

The Mayor was charming but did not persuade me to get political. Staying on the Township Beautification Committee is enough! Good lunch though at The Stagecoach, a local "upscale" restaurant.

Off to the gym with "The Girls" this morning and then the morning is all mine! I need some things for quilting but am holding back until tomorrow. The Big Event for the area quilters is that Fabricland is opening in Brockville. That means threads and things will be just 30 minutes away instead of a long drive to Kingston or Ottawa.

Hope you Wednesday is a gentle slope rather than a hump today! Newman's Own is set up beside the Keurig right no. Help yourself and chat a bit.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Rolly sounds adorable and a wee bit of a bad boy! Kinda the dog version of my monster kitten, the Walter.

It is a bee-you-tee-ful morning out there today. Typical day for me --> work, hopefully a run, house stuff, and kids to martial arts.

My daughter went to the county courthouse yesterday for a field trip. I asked her what the best part was. "the pumpkin costumes". "What? What pumpkin costumes?" I asked.

Her reply, "MOM, don't you know EVERY GREAT LAWYER has a PUMPKIN COSTUME?!?!?!"

LOL. No honey, I didn't!!!
Old 05-09-2012, 06:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruth, and much thanks for the Newman's. That's my #1 favorite. Too bad about the dog fluff. Cindy has 2 labs, and the amount of hair those two shed is mindboggling. You can't even pet them without getting a handful of the stuff. I'm glad the mayor didn't bore you with politics during lunch.

It's raining here today, and that will give all the flowers and seedlings I planted yesterday a good start. I guess I'll have to find some indoor things to keep me occupied today, though. Hmmmmm, I wonder what Susie has in store for me this morning?
Old 05-09-2012, 06:46 AM   #4  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

good morning Ruth! thank you for the do you mean to say that Rolly actually came right through the screen door?! LOL that he should be bald, with all that shedding Yay to getting rid of three pounds of water!

I did something this morning I've NEVER done..I worked out BEFORE coffee I used the thought of the coffee as incentive

today is my first day back at the summer job I love last night I packed up 2 boxes of my special cookie molds, cutters, scoops, cake combs, etc. that I sadly put away last October, and gleefully dug out last night.

Yesterday I still had off program food but all I can do is start each day with determination (again)

hope everyone has a great day.*edited to say hi to Cottage and Twynn, fast typers

Last edited by VermontMom; 05-09-2012 at 06:47 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Tammy, it's crazy that it can be so nice there when it's raining here, and you're only a few hours away. Maybe that means it will clear up later. That's a hilarious story about your DD!
Old 05-09-2012, 07:06 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Wow I feel like I slept, you ladies are up early.

Holly great job! I don't believe I have ever worked out before my coffee

Ruth I can appreciate your fur balls, I have a shedder and a non shedder

TwynnB I have never seen a lawyer in a pumpkin suit. Very funny story

Cottage don't feel bad raining here too

Dinner was great last night. Was lovely to visit with them. I even stayed on Program for the most part. Skipped the bread basket (btw this was an Italian restaurant by Lincoln Center) One small slice bruschetta. Pan seared scallops prepared in olive oil (I actually asked), 4 roared artichoke hearts. I skipped the roasted potatoes. They ordered choocolate mousse for dessert with 4 spoons. I had three bites (amazing willpower) What really helped me was being helpful. Any chance ai could hold the baby I did. It's been a long time since I held a baby. Oh and water, water, water!

I woke up with a tremendous headache, not sure if it is weather or food related

Busy day here. Dogs to vet at 9:20, meeting at my son's school at noon, 2:45 mammography yippee, 3:45 pick up son at driver's Ed. Need to squeeze in a trip to store, post office and gas. Then tomorrow back to work.

Enjoy the day
Old 05-09-2012, 07:41 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Slept in this morning after a middle of the night wake up.

I finally made the cabbage bean salad and you were all right! We loved it. We added it to our wine and cheese dinner and felt almost virtuous

I got a call for an actual job interview yesterday and agreed to pick-up 2 shifts a week at my friends video/convenience store. Time to polish off my interviewing skills.

Usual stuff today and tomorrow I'm off to the folks for the weekend. Happy humpday Chicks
Old 05-09-2012, 07:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Not much happening here today. I have to get groceries and mail a package. DH and I need to pick up our car that's being worked on; he chose a guy about a half hour away. I wish my gym had yoga on Wednesdays

Off for some tea to chase my airborne; have that funny feeling in my throat and do NOT want to get sick!
Old 05-09-2012, 08:47 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Morning All! Sounds like a calm day for everyone - aaahhhh. Heading over the Delaware again but this time to one of my favorite customers. Planning on treating myself to lunch at Panera - The Grilled Chicken Caesar without croutons is on plan. Did my walk/run in the rain yesterday - SO proud of myself for not wimping out.
Cyndi - did everything go okay yesterday?
Karen - hopefully it's allergies and not a true illness!
Jekel - awesome job at dinner last night. Those little italian restaurants in midtown can be Soooo good. Sounds like you ate the best parts!
Alrighty then - off to the races...
Old 05-09-2012, 09:05 AM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

thanks Cat. Every day has its own challenges but overall yesterday was okay. It's hard giving her stuff away. Jesse and I did start to put together a solid plan for the memorial jam and party though and I'm feeling pretty good about that.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:51 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/183.2/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone.

Ruth I can definately relate to the golden fur floating in your kitchen. I have a huge dog myself. Molly is about 135lbs half Saint Bernard half German Shepard. We do get her shaved though cause the hair was more than I could manage.

Got to sleep in today and have some bonding time on my day off with my 7 yr old. I took her to school while drinking my dunkin donuts blend coffee.

The scale is finally my friend again!!! Down 1.8 lbs!!! I was getting a bit nervous.

Todays agenda laundry, prepping food for the rest of the week. A bit of shopping odds and ends. Then taking my oldest daughter for a manicure. Her 8th grade formal dance is Friday night so she wants to be glamorous of course. Eeek!! How fast they grow. I didn't really see this age comming. She also got invited to a pizza party at a local resturant before the dance as well. I still am in shock at when this teenage thing all started happening. It seems like she was just 5 yesterday.

Hope everyone's day is fantastic.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon,

I have not made it on here this week, got to do better. My car is in the shop getting some work done, it has been doing a weird thing when cold it will slip before going into third gear, they finally duplicated it today after two days all the tests came back that the transmission is fine....I want it taken care of while it is still under warranty

DH went to Kansas City today for a Royals game with a friend so he will not be back til tomorrow. DD2 has dance tonight and other than laundry and stuff nothing else going.

Ruth- that was a funny story about your visitor

Twynn- I have never heard of a pumpkin costume lol

Cyndi- Good luck with your interview

to everyone else. I have an interview in 20 minutes got to get ready. I really need 2 more talented people to show up this week, so I can get fully staffed again.

Have a great afternoon everyone.
Closed Thread