Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/239.4/150

Height: 5'6"

Default weigh in tonight and feeling frustrated!

So I have my weekly weigh in today and I'm nervous that I have gained. I've actually done really well this week - worked out most days and stayed in my calories all week. I've actually been working my butt off!

But I keep weighing myself and my scale says I'm up -Iknow I shouldn't focus on the number and I know I shouldn't weigh myself throughout the week, but it's sooo hard not to! I am actually a little bit obsessed with the scale and weigh myself multiple time a day - I actually think I weighed myself close to 10 times yesterday! I know it's bad, but I don't know how to not focus on the number!

I'm almost at my 20 lb mark and I am motivated to keep going...but it's hard when you don't see that number on the scale move (or move in the wrong direction) - especially sinceI've been hovering around 239 and 240...I would just like to get out of the 240's forever and not see that number pop up anymore,but I can't seem to get past it!

How do you stay motivated and jumpstart your weightloss when it seems to be staying the same!

UGH! feeling frustrated! I'll let ya know how my weigh in goes tonight!
peachiee77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/203/167

Height: 5"5

first of all huuge hugs
i know how you feel, as do most of us on here, about the numbers, the scales, the obsession....
i too am a bit obsessed with the scale, i weigh myself twice a day, every morning after iv had a wee, baisically naked lol, and again in a small nighty after my bedtime wee. ive done it tonight and iv got miffed off cause im 0.2 of a lb heavier tonight than last night.
tey not to read too much into it as diss heartening as you feel at the time. if you eat less, more healthy and excersise the weight WILL come off. slowly but surely, month by month, lb by lb the weight will dissapear...i promise.
the slower it comes off the less likely you are to put it back on again. i aim for 1 lb a week.
i come on here and nose through posts about people feeling the same way or having a bad day after a relapse to make me feel normal so to speak
nicolae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/see ticker/169

Height: 5'7"

I, too, am a little scale obsessed. I weigh myself everyday, but I am used to the fluctuations now and I only document my "official" weight on Sundays.
I have been hovering around the same weight for months now, literally, and I cant seem to move into the 270s and stay there. BUT I have gone down from a 22 to an 18 and everyone is so "wowed" with my weight loss. The scale wont move, but my pants have SOOOOO much room in them now!
Try to measure your weight loss in other ways (clothes fitting, face/hands/thighs etc smaller, compliments you receive, appreciative looks from the opposite/same sex) so that its harder to be discouraged.
keep up the good work, DONT GIVE UP!
mystyblue85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/239.4/150

Height: 5'6"

Ok so weigh in went better than expected! I only lost a pound, but we did our measurements and in the last 2 weeks, between my neck, thigh, waist, and arm, I have lost 4 inches!!! That was a really nice surprise and I'm glad we dis those measurements tonight - exactly what I needed!!

I know I am on the right track and doing the right things and that I feel good and everything, it's just that it's really nice to see all that hard work in a tangible way - ie the scale and the tape measure!!! haha

Thanks for your encouragement nicolae and mystyblue85 - it's really appreciated! Another rock in my "lbs lost" jar!!
peachiee77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:38 PM   #5  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Great job!

The mental picture of you getting on the scale 10 times was rather amusing. We've all been there!
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 238/221(restart)/ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Awesome job peachiee!!! Glad the weigh-in went well, and WOW at losing 4 inches!!
Bobbles is offline   Reply With Quote