Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-07-2012, 09:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/135

Height: 5ft 3.5

Default Vacation = weight gain

I went to the beach for 6 days last week. I didn't watch my calories, and honestly I didn't care! lol. I ate cheeseburgers and fries everyday!! We ate at hard rock cafe, johny rockets, thorneys, and yes even subway twice lol. The funny thing is, once I at around 2, the cheeseburger and fries filled me up for the rest of the day. I even had sweet tea and icecream 3 times....mmmmm! I only gained about 3.5 pounds, and I bet that's water weight. I don't get to eat food like that everyday so I made the best of it.
Now I am back to watching my calories and walking again. We did walk on the beach alot, and did alot of shopping, even though it wasn't "fast" walking I guess it still helped. Yay for vacations!
want2bskine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 226/199/160

Height: 5'8"

I'm sure it is just water weight and I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation! Last year on a family vacation to the beach I actually lost weight. I had very light breakfast/lunches and ate most of my calories in the evening at the local seafood restaraunts. I thought I'd gain, but I swam every day so much that I guess I was at a enough of a deficit to lose! I'm looking forward to this years vacation to enjoy the food and hopefully repeat last year! (not to mention I'm smaller than I was last year so bathing suits won't be AS scary lol)
Volschika007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:24 PM   #3  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I love your attitude!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

Congratulations!

I'm leaving for a two-week vacation in two weeks and am worried about how I will do when I'm gone. Hopefully if I gain, I will have your positive attitude.
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:02 AM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 315/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Sounds like you had a great vacation! As long as you can get back on track you'll be fine!

Heather
Heather157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:55 AM   #6  

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather157 View Post
Sounds like you had a great vacation! As long as you can get back on track you'll be fine!

Heather

I wish more people would remember this! Have your treats in moderation and keep active, but take a break from being so rigid! Your body and your mind need a break every now and again.
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:59 AM   #7  
Long Hauling It

S/C/G: 365/208/190

Height: 6' 3"

Good for you OP. People catastrophize short binges sometimes and forget it takes a really long time to gain a lot of body fat.
shapedself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

You have a great attitude!

I go on vacation in 2 weeks and scared to DEATH!! I gain easily and don't want to sway too far. I panic going on vacation, need a little of your positive vibes lol!!
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:03 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 257/257/157

Height: 5'7"

I did the same thing! I went to Vegas for 4 days and ate whatever the **** I wanted and didn't care! also had had alcohol, lots of big sugary slushy drinks. It was awesome. I came home up 9 lbs (!) but after a week, it was only 1.5lbs which I can deal with. To me, regaining that little bit was worth it. I just made sure I got right back on track as soon as my vacation was over.
PinkLotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 178 / 169.5 / 143

Height: 5'6'

Whew. Glad to hear it's not just me! I just got back from a week of vacation a few days ago. I was trying to watch what I ate and we hiked a fair amount, but I also definitely indulged a good bit (hello donuts and a burger with fries!)

I only gained 0.4 pounds, but I did not have your positive attitude about it. Now I've been back home and back on track for four days and I've dropped 1 lb as of this morning. I think taking a break and gaining a little weight may have actually helped jump start my metabolism again. And as my boyfriend pointed out, my body probably needed the break from working out so often.

Thanks for sharing your positive, self-forgiving attitude. This post really inspired me to let go of feeling like I "failed" by gaining a little weight back on vacation. I enjoyed myself and I'm glad I did, and it doesn't mean I have derailed my progress!

Good for you, and thanks again!
MamieGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:03 PM   #11  
drifting downward!

S/C/G: (HW 194) 175/168/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I think some people are really sensitive to the impact of travel/change of routine, and others less so. I was just out of town for a week but counted calories and was really active. I enjoyed myself a bit, but know that even by the most generous overestimation possible, I didn't crack even 1/2 lb's worth of excess calories.

Scale was up 5 lbs when I got back two days ago, and it's still up at least 3 today. Water flux is such a funny thing.
Desiderata is offline   Reply With Quote