Old 05-07-2012, 07:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 150/?/128

Height: 5'7"

Default NEED A RE START! Anyone else?

Hi,

I did IP about a year ago. Got below goal weight, (128), and never continued through the final phase 4. Kept weight off by going on and off IP phase 2 until now.

Recently, I have been dealing with a father with a long term illness, and in hospice who died last week. As a result (I KNOW, NO EXCUSES) I have been stress eating and drinking wine which is an issue for me.

I lost a total of about 20 lbs on IP and am probably back up 10. Am afraid to get on the scale. I am so depressed and have been trying to do it for the last week with very little cheating but think I gained weight.

I love the diet and want to go back, but would love advice and counsel. Do you think I should go back to the center and start over? Also would love to have a group who wants to go back at it with me. I have never posted on a site before so this will be my first. Hopefully I will figure out how to do it. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from new IP friends to be!
rba400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:42 PM   #2  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

If the clinic is right for you do it. If you think you need the one o. One and weekly weigh ins. Lost my Dad March 13, 1999. It sucks. It was also two weeks after I got married. My weight started climbing then.

I think you should jump back in if you're ready. This place is great. You will learn more and get a Ton of support. I really like the daily chat thread. I've made friends and learned a lot.

I'm sorry about your Dad. Good luck with IP. I look forward to seeing you on the boards here at 3fc.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 172.5/129/128

Welcome back, I lost my Dad 4 years ago. I started at a clinic but because of distance (3 hours) have started doing IP on my own and using some alternatives. You are my height and your goal weight of 128 is where I am heading, so get started and we can do this together.
PEIslandGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:05 PM   #4  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. I lost mine 15 years ago, but still seems like yesterday. It's so hard to go through that, so don't be hard on yourself for stress eating, it's only natural. I would definitely go back to the clinic if you were happy with them. This board is very supportive and encouraging. You will feel like part of family, and not doing this alone at all. Just check in as much as possible; it really does help.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:01 AM   #5  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rba400 View Post
Hi,

I did IP about a year ago. Got below goal weight, (128), and never continued through the final phase 4. Kept weight off by going on and off IP phase 2 until now.

Recently, I have been dealing with a father with a long term illness, and in hospice who died last week. As a result (I KNOW, NO EXCUSES) I have been stress eating and drinking wine which is an issue for me.

I lost a total of about 20 lbs on IP and am probably back up 10. Am afraid to get on the scale. I am so depressed and have been trying to do it for the last week with very little cheating but think I gained weight.

I love the diet and want to go back, but would love advice and counsel. Do you think I should go back to the center and start over? Also would love to have a group who wants to go back at it with me. I have never posted on a site before so this will be my first. Hopefully I will figure out how to do it. Thanks and I look forward to hearing from new IP friends to be!
I have a thread dedicated to this. There are 3 or 4 of us that reached goal and have been in maintenance (myself it will be a year in maintenance on the 28th of this month). The thread is called (very long)....reached maintenance.....need a reboot......(can't remember exact words).
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Hi, I'm sorry to hear of your father. It's extremely difficult to lose a loved one and I believe even more so when hospice is involved...

I believe you should seek medical attention to discuss the depression you bring up as well as a potential drinking issue.

I sincerely hope the best for you and believe a person needs to be healthy both physically and mentally. Your PCP (primary care physician) may determine, with your input, that you have neither a clinical depression issue or drinking problem but that could give you piece of mind.

I knew a women who was depressed after her father passed (hospice was involved) and she went on meds for a short period and also received therapy.

Be well and right now start making the right choices and stop drinking and start making better food choices.

Be well.

New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:58 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Yes, come join us in the "been in maintenance, need a reboot" thread.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #8  

Hi Everyone

What sweet responses you all gave me. Thank you so much! I have never done this before (posting) and I am tearing up at how kind everyone is. I am so sorry to hear about all your fathers also. Just think, maybe they may all meet sometime and tell each other how fabulous we all are!

So, I took a deep breath today and went to the clinic. A new one in our area being run by a former trainer friend. I asked her to weigh me but not tell.....I filled everything out again, picked up the fill ins on food I didn't already have and some new things too. She told me a bunch of tips that I never realized on the first round.....I think I was being too casual on measuring, splenda, WF foods etc. I think I need to be on Phase 1 for at least 3 weeks and then we will see. I feel so much better and enthused, just to know I have taken this stto (despite a number of events, trips etc coming up) to get me back on track. And thanks again to all of you for your wonderful support and wise words. And PEIsland Girl, I would love to go at this with you. I did set my weight a little higher at 132 for wriggle room. And because I have the clinic, I would love to share any tips I learn if that would be helpful. Thanks again everyone and here we go!

So I t
Old 05-08-2012, 02:41 PM   #9  

Will do. I love your sign in name! Thanks.