Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 05-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Ultimate Body Applicator??

I've been seeing some things on Facebook between some friends about this product called the Ultimate Body Applicator. It's a wrap that you put around your stomach or a problem area for 45 mins. and it supposedly makes you lose inches almost immediately. I am highly skeptical about this, but everything I've found on the internet about it so far seems to be mostly good and almost every review says nothing but good things. Does anyone know about this and does it actually work??

Last edited by BeckyC15642; 05-07-2012 at 10:10 PM.
BeckyC15642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:42 PM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Wraps are older than time. They are basically dehydrators... so you lose water to temporarily lose inches.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

I hope it doesn't work! It just irks me to think that I'm busting my butt to lose weight and some of my friends are just putting a wrap on and losing inches... doesn't seem fair! lol
BeckyC15642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:20 AM   #4  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 151/142/130

Height: 5ft 9

Becky don't worry, once they drink a big glass of water they'll put it back on
You're doing the right thing . Don't get sucked in. Most of these supposedly high tech wraps are basically clingfilm that makes you sweat and therefore dehydrate and lose some apparent inches.. but it's very temporary and not real weight loss at all.
PaintedButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #5  
Every step is progress.

S/C/G: 297/221/175

Height: 5'11"

I've also read articles that there is potential that these belly-wrap things and "support" belts can actually be a detriment as with all the the added "Support" of a brace like some of them, you are less likely to subconsciously use your muscles for support, if used over time, the theory is that your abdominals can lose muscle mass because it's the brace/support/wrap that is holding you in.
RandomPaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 110/189/110

Height: 5'4

yeah the work but they dont work in the long run unless you keep purchasing..
i33BabyGirl33i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:01 PM   #7  

Yes, it definitely DOES work and it is NOT water loss... however, don't worry, Becky, it is also not a substitute for busting your butt! Basically, it's a detox wrap... very hydrating to the skin and you are encouraged to drink lots of water while you use it and for three-days after, so it's not going to come right back as soon as you drink a glass of water. The detox is the main function, but it also causes tightening, toning and firming. It's awesome for people who eat right and exercise but still have a "problem" area that won't get exercised away no matter what you do. It's also great for giving a "jump-start" to people who haven't had results after trying lots of things... that little bit of loss sometimes causes a spark of excitement that gives a little bit of hope. However, it is NOT the be-all and end-all and you can just sit around and lose a hundred pounds by wrapping it away. Like anything else, nobody can guarantee your results are permanent... that largely depends on your lifestyle. If you do a wrap and then don't do anything else and don't change your lifestyle, results will only last 2-6 months... and drinking water is critical to having the results last. They work well alone, but they also are great to use along with whatever else you are doing and they will definitely speed up your results. I initially started using them to tighten up loose skin while losing weight with Ideal Protein, but I noticed that my weight-loss sped up dramatically, which was a nice perk! I never get the super-dramatic results with any one wrap... for me it's always a little at a time, but I have seen a lot of people who do. It really does work.
Aimee G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:07 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 167/159/120

Height: 5'4"

It's pretty much like anything else, it works for some, not so much for others. I didn't get good enough results to make it worth my money, but I have seen others (I was an active rep for awhile) that lost a good 4-5 inches in one sitting.
The bigger problem I have with it is the reps. If you look at the top reps, many of them look like they could stand to lose a good 15 pounds, some of them a lot more. Yet they're going around touting these wraps (and usually the fat absorbers and carb blockers the company also sells) and how well they've worked for them and yada yada yada...but they don't look like a product of the product!
This isn't to get down on the company itself, they do have a product or two unrelated to fat loss claims that I enjoy. But I'm also a big proponent of busting your butt to get yourself in shape and if you're gonna be a rep for something, represent it well.
*DISCLOSURE* I am technically a rep for that company, but am completely inactive and only keep it because a couple of close friends signed on under me. I don't even earn commissions
Taheetee is offline   Reply With Quote