Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:06 PM   #1  

Default Nutrisystem Newbie!!!

Hi All! After losing some weight with Atkins a few years back and keeping more than half off, I tried over and over to continue Atkins but just can't do it any longer. So tonight I researched NS. I know my hubby would have a cow if I spent the $250 without trying it and I remembered seeing some food products at Big Lots a few months back. To my surprise when I get there, there is a HUGE sale on the food until tomorrow night. Some of the snack/desserts and the little soup containers are just .50. They have limited dinner entrees and they were 2/$5. So for around $25 I am getting started.

I would LOVE any tips you can share. Since I didn't join the full program, I have been trying to learn how to use the grocery list. I think I have figured my daily intake to be 4 non starch veggies, 3 servings of extras and 2 each of powerfuel adn smart carbs. If I am off base with this, please let me know.

And if you have any recipes to share, I totally welcome them. I am thinking of ordering the portion control plate for times when we go camping or have little parties to keep myself on track.

Thanks y'all!!!
tink333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:58 AM   #2  

how interesting ... I didn't think their food would be available anywhere else. I just joined because they were offering 40% off their food and it made it "somewhat" affordable, considering. I just needed something easier than trying to make my meals separate for my family. I'm still learning (less than a week into it) but there is a morning entree with a protein shake, a mid morning snack of protein, a lunch entree with protein added (egg or cheese), an afternoon snack of fruit, a dinner entree with added carb, and a dessert. It really is a lot of eating but the portions are very small -- which is probably the best part of buying these prepared meals. They want you to add 4 vegetable servings to the diet, 8 glasses of water, and incorporate 3 segments of exercise (10 minutes each). I'm trying ... and am hopeful. HOpe it works for you too.
lillygrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 360/270/175

Height: 5"6'

Hey! I'm on NS and I've dropped 12 lbs so far... in a little less than a month.. you definitely don't get the variety at big lots... I only go there to grab a couple extra's to replace meals that I don't like (which are few and far between). I do add 4 veggies and a couple fruits, and for extra protein I add almonds, and eggs. Good Luck!
missunderstood28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #4  

I made such a killing at one of my big lots, the store was closing and they had a ton of NS items even dinners all for 50 cents yes dinners for 50 cents.I got so much stuff
sluggo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggo44 View Post
I made such a killing at one of my big lots, the store was closing and they had a ton of NS items even dinners all for 50 cents yes dinners for 50 cents.I got so much stuff
Wow, that's a serious savings! I'd have bought the whole supply and sold half on craigslist and kept the rest, lol. I don't know how soon they will expire, but might want to check those dates. ;-)
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:00 PM   #6  

I thought about doing that but I'm so lazy I would end up just keeping all the stuff. All the items are good for quite sometime
sluggo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 110/189/110

Height: 5'4

So does nutrisystem really work?...cause my friend says it doesn't x.x
i33BabyGirl33i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #8  

It works

She probably cheated. Stick to it and you lose - guaranteed.
Misskelann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:52 PM   #9  

NS works great if you follow the plan...the key is you have to FOLLOW the plan...They are trying to train you to eat properly 4-5 times per day, every 2-4 hours. I have been on it for a couple weeks and have lost 11lbs already...but with that said I have not cheated or gone off plan one time either.
Dedicated2012 is offline   Reply With Quote