Old 05-05-2012, 05:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default Rotating Weight Losses & Gains

Is anyone else feeling like they around going round and round in a revolving door with their weight loss?? Like, for years??

Oh I am so sick of it. I lose a big chunk, I regain some. I relose it plus another big chunk, I regain some. Relose, regain, relose, regain. Granted, I never get nearly back as high as I started. I am keeping *most* of it off. But I am *so darned tired* of losing the same dumb pounds over and over, getting to a nice low and then blowing it because I simply cannot completely stop eating junk.

I have done so many things. I have changed my lifestyle. But I've never lost the taste for all junk. SOME junk, I have... I no longer drink sodas of any kind. I don't add anything to my coffee or tea anymore. I don't eat fast food or hot dogs anymore. I eat a lot of healthy stuff. But it seems like I can go for weeks eating healthy and losing weight and then, I eat a slice of cake and some chips and BAM... my eating goes all to heck, more unhealthy stuff sneaks in and within a week I've gained back what it took a month to lose.

Anyway, I am just tired of it and this has been going on for SO long. Can you relate? Do you ever just want to be DONE with the weight loss part and get to a weight you can just work to stay at forever?? Ugh...

Last edited by Lyn2007; 05-05-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Lyn, I so totally get where you are coming from, and I wonder if you are losing perspective on how awesome you are doing overall! You've kept off MOST of a 100 lb loss. That is amazing...

I think for some of us, we just have to think of it as a chronic disease... we get better, we get worse, but we never get completely over it....

For me, I honestly just get fatigued sometimes. My concentration slips and BAM.

To keep the weight off, we have to think about it constantly. Sometimes, we lose our focus...

I think your regains will get smaller and farther apart.

Hang in there.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #3  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Yes. I can relate. My sanity-saving measure is that I control my weight closely enough that my regain/relose swing is 1-4 pounds, max, which is just day to day correcting my fluctuations and weight window. I watch it closely enough that I just feel like this is my lot, my daily routine, not so much a burden.

As far as I can tell, it is just the basis of maintenance. *shrug*
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Yes, I can definitely relate. I've lost and relost maybe 60+ lbs over the years. I agree with each of you. In fact, I could have written your posts. Once again I am back on a plan to lose weight again. This time I would like to get down to about 150 lbs and just stay there. Don't care to get to the 125-130 that I orginally was aiming for.

I think the thing I have to do now is get focused and stay focused and accept whatever results that I get until I reach my goal.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

I can relate, but I'm with ArcticMama on this one. I've only been maintaining for 7 months, but I don't let it go past a couple pounds before I put on the brakes. I don't think we're ever done.

My DD is thin and fit. Most of the time she eats very reasonably and healthily. Some days you'd think she was a NFL linebacker to see what she eats. But it is always just a one time thing. Most of the time - even in a restaurant, she boxes up more than half her meal. This is what I'm trying to do now. Oh, yeah - she also works out on a regular basis. Strength and cardio, running, all of it.

We just have to learn how to think like thin people. Once we do that, we'll start eating like thin people. I'm trying my hardest to do this now.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by linJber View Post
We just have to learn how to think like thin people. Once we do that, we'll start eating like thin people. I'm trying my hardest to do this now.Lin
I think this is a big key. When I was thin growing up, I never thought of food to much. Sometimes I think that we think about food too much when we are dieting. I would love to be like I was back then.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:58 AM   #7  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Mama View Post
Yes. I can relate. My sanity-saving measure is that I control my weight closely enough that my regain/relose swing is 1-4 pounds, max, which is just day to day correcting my fluctuations and weight window. I watch it closely enough that I just feel like this is my lot, my daily routine, not so much a burden.

As far as I can tell, it is just the basis of maintenance. *shrug*
This is maintenance. I allow a 5 lb gain but if I start to get close I'm reining myself in very quickly. Lyn, I would try to focus on how much better you FEEL when you are eating right and exercising.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Yep - it is never ending. Even at maintenance. I try to be zen and accepting with my struggles with food and battle against the "american diet."
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:40 AM   #9  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

After coming off a bad weekend of eating, I can relate to your exhaustion and frustration with the process. I keep expecting to be "done" with all this calorie counting and watching food intake. I keep thinking that all this work I am putting in will have an end in sight. However, there will be no end if I want to keep off the weight I have lost and lose more. It is what it is.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #10  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

I know the revolving door is frustrating but think about what would happen if it wasn't a revolving door? Just a open floodgate! Gain, gain, and more gain. So although it's a pain, it's also something to be grateful for -- you have never given up!
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:43 PM   #11  
My goal = health

I feel for you, OP.
I think that's why so many people jst give up. I'm in the same boat. One bite of cake and BAM! 4 lbs gained (only a slight exaggeration)
I came to realize is that we are addicts. And just like recovering alcoholics can not have one margarita, we can not have one piece of cake.
That's all! Until I learn to control it, I can't have anth "suspect"
And I don't believe I'll ever be "cured"
RRB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #12  
Tired Of Just Surviving

S/C/G: 315/272/215

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2007 View Post
Oh I am so sick of it. I lose a big chunk, I regain some. I relose it plus another big chunk, I regain some. Relose, regain, relose, regain. Granted, I never get nearly back as high as I started. I am keeping *most* of it off. But I am *so darned tired* of losing the same dumb pounds over and over, getting to a nice low and then blowing it because I simply cannot completely stop eating junk.

I am in this boat today with you. I have a 9.6 weight gain since last Friday. Granted most of it is water retention from pending TOM and poor food choices this weekend because of cravings from pending TOM, but I feel sometimes like I am gaining and losing the same 5 pounds over and over again!

Stay positive, adjust where needed, and stay on track! We are winning this battle!!
SmallSteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:46 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/168

Thanks guys. Sorry I didn't get back until now to read your responses! I have been sooo sick. I just now started to feel human again.

Anyway, yeah. I am glad I'm not alone (but it's kinda sad we are all fighting a similar battle). I was thinking today, if I could JUST clear everything out of my house/life except fruits, vegetables, lean protein, and a bit of healthy fat, I would be SET!! If only it were that easy.

Can we set up a commune or something? Our grocery store would ONLY have those items and we would be locked in a gated community with NO other foods coming in! There would have to be a pool, of course
Lyn2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:12 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 297/198/190

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2007 View Post
T

Can we set up a commune or something? Our grocery store would ONLY have those items and we would be locked in a gated community with NO other foods coming in! There would have to be a pool, of course
Lol. The skinniest I've ever been in my life was when I was serving in the Peace Corps. There wasn't much food to be had anyway-- no butter, no junk food of any kind whatsoever, no meat., if you wanted to eat chicken, you had to start with one that was clucking (no thanks...!) So, I pretty much ate vegetables and starches... in order to get to the food I had to walk two miles downhill to the village and then two miles back uphill carrying a basket....

Oh, no car, of course, so I had to walk everywhere.

That's the only time in my life I've been able to maintain my weight in the 150s.
ubergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:22 PM   #15  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

Default Ditto experiences

Lyn I could have written your post lose gain lose gain. I am obsessed with food. And if let my guard down 10 20 39 goes on and I do not know how I get there. I have a piece of cake and I am up 5 pounds. And it takes weeks to get off. I was 273 then went down to 203 for about 5 minutes then it has creeped on till I was at 236 I am down to 229 and I am on a 1200 calorie diet which I have never done before. With these message board I see hope for the first time in a long time it is accountability and being totally honest with others that has help these last few weeks. Lsfunky
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote