Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 07:40 AM   #1  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 5/7/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): [URL="http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG/pdflivre_Dr_Tran.pdf"]The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by usmcvet; 05-07-2012 at 08:03 AM. Reason: I copied this from the closed Friday thread and none of the clickable links are hot. The weekend links were down too.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:43 AM   #2  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Good Morning Peeps! I hope you all have a great day. I just had my awesome IP omelet with fresh peppers. Now off the take the kids to school and day care. more work around the house for me today, I have the day off. Laundry and need to finish stacking that chord of wood. I also learned yesterday i have an allergy to beech wood? Lots of itching on my forearms. I really want to break 60#'s Thursday this week!

Last edited by usmcvet; 05-07-2012 at 07:54 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:02 AM   #3  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Good Morning Peeps! I hope you all have a great day. I just had my awesome IP omelet with fresh peppers. Now off the take the kids to school and day care. more work around the house for me today, I have the day off. Laundry and need to finish stacking that chord of wood. I also learned yesterday i have an allergy to beech wood? Lots of itching on my forearms. I really want to break 60#'s Thursday this week!
Good luck breaking 60#'s on Thursday! That is just awesome.

Good morning everyone, got class all this week so I will only get to peak at the website at lunchtime and after work

Here's to everyone having a OP week! usmcvet, thanks for starting the thread
Old 05-07-2012, 08:04 AM   #4  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Thanks shathom

I went back to Thursday and was able to quote that days daily thread, looks like it is okay now.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Good morning everybody!

Here's a little inspiration for you...my niece, who always seems to sense when I need a boost, just sent me this link, and I cried like a baby watching it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=qX9FSZJu448

Odd night...it was sunny and lovely all weekend, then last night it stormed, blew, hailed, stopped, started again. I hope it didn't destroy my peonies.

Today I have my weigh-in, get an estimate on the truck brakes, groceries, get more paint. Busy day. I'll try to remember to take photos. I never did try on clothes last night. Tried reading "The Lord of the Rings" for awhile and fell asleep.

I did barbecue a steak last night...that was so good. Haven't had one in ages, and I made the turnip fries to go with it. The Heinz low-sugar ketchup is great! (phase 4...)

Well, Happy Monday to you all and I hope you have a splendid, productive, joyful day!
Old 05-07-2012, 08:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Good Morning All.

Another good week, here we come.

NSV had a birthday/cookout at my home on Saturday, was surrounded by tons of desserts and carbs (but of course) I managed to stay OP. I had cucumbers/vinegar, hamburger on lettuce and protein puffs. For dessert I tried the mug cake disaster haha not sure what Im doing wrong but plan to try again. But other than that I was so surprised at myself. And there are still tons of desserts left but I havent even touched them. Enjoy your day~

Last edited by prettyone; 05-07-2012 at 08:30 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:30 AM   #7  
Began IP 3-29-2012

Sewmam

That was awesome. So youre telling me to start doing Yoga too.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:32 AM   #8  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all.

Being in the "wilderness" (our Michigan lake cottage) and only having very slow dialup, I can hardly read the posts, let alone add anything.

Brought almost all my boxes of packets and spices and flavorings with me since I never know what I want to eat. I have done well staying OP. Going to visit my cousin and his wife today across the state. She has celiacs, so lunch will work well and she is mindful of what I am trying to do.

Hope all goes well with WIs and you have the best ones ever. All the rest of us stay OP.

Have a great rest of the day.
Molly

P.S. My big NSV. Up here, we have these padded kitchen chairs (where we spend all of our time) and they have arms on them. This is the first time I can sit in them without wedging myself in and it being very painful. Yippee.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:51 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Good morning everybody!

Here's a little inspiration for you...my niece, who always seems to sense when I need a boost, just sent me this link, and I cried like a baby watching it...

Odd night...it was sunny and lovely all weekend, then last night it stormed, blew, hailed, stopped, started again. I hope it didn't destroy my peonies.

Today I have my weigh-in, get an estimate on the truck brakes, groceries, get more paint. Busy day. I'll try to remember to take photos. I never did try on clothes last night. Tried reading "The Lord of the Rings" for awhile and fell asleep.

I did barbecue a steak last night...that was so good. Haven't had one in ages, and I made the turnip fries to go with it. The Heinz low-sugar ketchup is great! (phase 4...)

Well, Happy Monday to you all and I hope you have a splendid, productive, joyful day!
WOW- truly inspirational!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Good morning all.

Being in the "wilderness" (our Michigan lake cottage) and only having very slow dialup, I can hardly read the posts, let alone add anything.

Brought almost all my boxes of packets and spices and flavorings with me since I never know what I want to eat. I have done well staying OP. Going to visit my cousin and his wife today across the state. She has celiacs, so lunch will work well and she is mindful of what I am trying to do.

Hope all goes well with WIs and you have the best ones ever. All the rest of us stay OP.

Molly

P.S. My big NSV. Up here, we have these padded kitchen chairs (where we spend all of our time) and they have arms on them. This is the first time I can sit in them without wedging myself in and it being very painful. Yippee.
Awesome NSV!
Off to work I go! Finally saw the scale moving down after a week. Happy to see it! I see my coach tonight- I am doing a combo of alternatives and IP products. She has not seen me in 2 1/2 weeks so I am looking forward to getting measurements done to see how much I have lost inches wise!
Old 05-07-2012, 08:52 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Sewmam

That was awesome. So youre telling me to start doing Yoga too.
When I posted it, I thought of you and all the veterans who are struggling...glad you liked it. I did yoga years ago and have wanted to start it up again. I've got balance problems like he did, but there are poses that you can start with that will strengthen muscles regardless of what your limitations are. Mostly, I just thought his story was so uplifting and inspiring...
Old 05-07-2012, 08:56 AM   #11  
Started IPD Dec 1, 2011

S/C/G: 188/182/140

Height: 5' 1 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyone View Post
NSV had a birthday/cookout at my home on Saturday, was surrounded by tons of desserts and carbs (but of course) I managed to stay OP. I had cucumbers/vinegar, hamburger on lettuce and protein puffs. For dessert I tried the mug cake disaster haha not sure what Im doing wrong but plan to try again. But other than that I was so surprised at myself. And there are still tons of desserts left but I havent even touched them. Enjoy your day~
Way to hang in there prettyone!

Dreary day in Maryland...have a good day everyone!
Old 05-07-2012, 08:58 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 263/213.5/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Good luck to you..you have had amazing success. It will continue!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Good morning everybody!

Nothing like a good cry first thing in the morning...thanks for posting this
Quote:
Good Morning All.

Well done!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Good morning all.

Molly

I felt the same way when I sat in our arm chairs, feels great!
Old 05-07-2012, 09:02 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 220 / see ticker / 140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Good Morning All.

Yay for staying OP!! Feels good though ... Nothing beats knowing that you were in a difficult situation and stuck to your plan. Shows how strong you really are!! It always makes me so excited when I come home from an event and have not given in to the "just a bite" temptations.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:12 AM   #14  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Just wanted to wish everyone a great day!!!!
Old 05-07-2012, 09:34 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmg1989 View Post
Way to hang in there prettyone!

Dreary day in Maryland...have a good day everyone!
Thanks TMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicknops View Post
Good luck to you..you have had amazing success. It will continue!

Nothing like a good cry first thing in the morning...thanks for posting this

Well done!
Thanks Vicknops
I felt the same way when I sat in our arm chairs, feels great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole3 View Post
Yay for staying OP!! Feels good though ... Nothing beats knowing that you were in a difficult situation and stuck to your plan. Shows how strong you really are!! It always makes me so excited when I come home from an event and have not given in to the "just a bite" temptations.
Thanks Cole. It wasnt as bad as i thought I keep moving around. I was in determination mode. This weight has to come off. I cant continue living like this. Yes I miss all the "good smelling not good for me junk" Im still striving, Im a work in progress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Just wanted to wish everyone a great day!!!!
Thanks Cadu enjoy your day as well.
Closed Thread