South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 09:10 PM   #1  

Wink I'm the one all covered up

Thats the only way you would see me at the beach. I'm new to this plan. I just found out I'm getting weighed in at work in a month. (I'm in the military) So if I don't drop 10-12 pounds in the next month I'll go on what we affectionatly call the fat-girl program. So I saw this plan on 20/20 and went and got the book. It seems like something I can live with, even with my uncontrollable urge for all things bread. And a 21 month old little girl that I have to cook for. Just by scanning over the posts this looks like a really supportive group so I hope to get to know you all.

now-162
goals-150/140/we'll see how that looks
Old 08-17-2003, 09:13 PM   #2  

Welcome airchick!!!

Read the book ... once you get the hang of it it's easy ... the bread urges will pass ...
Old 08-17-2003, 09:38 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome!
I find my bread urges (actually obsessions!) can be met by eating the allowable beans - chickpeas and black and kidney beans are the low GI carbs that help me.
Old 08-18-2003, 06:32 AM   #4  
Mous

WELCOME to the Beach!

You CAN and WILL do it.

Come join us on our Daily thread.

Lady
Old 08-18-2003, 10:30 AM   #5  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Airchick, welcome aboard! I can commiserate with the military weigh in...I was in the USAF for 9 years. And for much of that time I was on the "fat girl" program! I would LOVE to weigh what I did then! My max allowed weight was 145!!!! I could stay around 150 without too much trouble, but 145??? The last few years I was in they changed the standards and my max allowed weight went up to 154...that was a bit easier to maintain.

The first couple of weeks can be difficult, but are much easier if you plan ahead. Your daugther probably eats different food than you do, anyway, so that won't pose too much of a problem. I have a 7 year old that definately ISN'T on South Beach! LOL! But I'm not a big fan of corn dogs, chicken fingers, etc., so it hasn't bothered me to cook for him.

Just remember, there are worse things in the world than getting put on the "fat girl" program....so don't starve yourself to make your weight. You can seriously screw up your metabolism...which will only make losing more difficult later on! So do your best, get your exercise, and see what happens.
Old 08-18-2003, 01:17 PM   #6  

Default YAY, Air Force!

I was in the Air Force for 5 years (SEVERAL years ago . . .). At that time, I was within the weight guidelines, but age 40 helps change that, eh?

I totally agree with what Franny said in her last paragraph. I think SBD will help you make it!

Last edited by Lavender Fields; 08-18-2003 at 03:22 PM.
Closed Thread