Old 05-03-2012, 01:05 PM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2012

S/C/G: 146/146/130

Height: 5'3

Default Canadian on a trip to US - what to buy?

Hi there! I will be in the US this weekend...I plan to get some different flavours of Mio (they only have Blueberry/Pom and Fruit Punch here), maybe some flavoured stevia that I hear people talking about. Any ideas for things to pick up would be greatly appreciated!

Oh...and my WI# 1 is tonight! Nervous but I have been 100% OP so bring it on!
Chikara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Check to see if you have MIO now...here in Quebec we have the mio since about a month.

Get some "i can't believe its not butter" spray, i love it. I can find the liquid stevia at the healthfood store here but none of the flavors I want, let me know if you find any.

Can't think of anything else.
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Check to see if you have MIO now...here in Quebec we have the mio since about a month.
We have MIO at Walmart here in Ottawa but only 2 flavours...hoping to stock up on different ones. Thanks for the spray idea!
Old 05-03-2012, 04:10 PM   #4  
Agir pour ne pas subir...

Height: 5' 5"

Just a thought, sorry to hijack the thread's subject, but does anyone think it would be a good idea to have a Canada thread going? It seems that many US IPers have their favourite products, which are are unfortunately not available in the great white north :/

Chikara - both being from Ottawa, it would be fun to find out where the secret spots are for specialty products, like Herb & Spice on Bank for instance that carries a lot of Stevia items.

There was a recent thread addressing the issue of too many threads and wouldn't want to contribute to the daily accumulation unless I knew that other Canadians would also enjoy/benefit from such a resource type thread..
Ei8ht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:15 PM   #5  
Time For Change

S/C/G: see/ticker/:)

Height: 6'0"

I think a Canada thread would be awesome.
Also, if you drink a lot of milk, and are able to buy it in the US DO IT...it's so expensive here in Canada, when we went last week my mom bought a huge jug for less then $2. :O
ElociN2392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:17 PM   #6  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ei8ht View Post
Just a thought, sorry to hijack the thread's subject, but does anyone think it would be a good idea to have a Canada thread going? It seems that many US IPers have their favourite products, which are are unfortunately not available in the great white north :/

Chikara - both being from Ottawa, it would be fun to find out where the secret spots are for specialty products, like Herb & Spice on Bank for instance that carries a lot of Stevia items.

There was a recent thread addressing the issue of too many threads and wouldn't want to contribute to the daily accumulation unless I knew that other Canadians would also enjoy/benefit from such a resource type thread..
Fellow Canadian here, and that's not a bad idea......
Chikara, if you haven't already discovered it, there are a lot of suitable products available in Canada through http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/cat...oducts_id=2130 Browse around, but that's where I get all my WF products, and flavorings. I'm using alternative products, so I use some of their other products too.

BTW... I'm in Peterborough, Ontario... and I found about 4-5 different flavors of MIO at my local METRO supermarket. There's probably one in the Ottawa area?

Last edited by evepet; 05-03-2012 at 04:19 PM.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #7  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Not sure if this is allowed or not?? But if there's a flavor you super much love, I'm in South Dakota, and could mail it to you...it's not too much to mail stuff across 'le border.
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:11 PM   #8  

Quote:

I think that is an AWESOME idea! I would definately contribute to that!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:12 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaypix View Post
Not sure if this is allowed or not?? But if there's a flavor you super much love, I'm in South Dakota, and could mail it to you...it's not too much to mail stuff across 'le border.
Thanks so much for the offer...I will see what I can find in the US this weekend and then let you know. So sweet of you to offer!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Chikara, if you haven't already discovered it, there are a lot of suitable products available in Canada through http://www.thelowcarbgrocery.com/cat...oducts_id=2130

BTW... I'm in Peterborough, Ontario... and I found about 4-5 different flavors of MIO at my local METRO supermarket. There's probably one in the Ottawa area?
Thanks I will check that website out! I will definately head to Metro tomorrow...I have one right near work.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:29 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Quote:

I'm Canadian, would love to have a thread for us. I often have to order from Low Carb Canada too.
ProteinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:49 AM   #12  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Also agree a Canadian thread would be great. As far as the Mio, our local Sobeys carries it. Not sure if there are Sobeys out east?
Longhorn Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:39 AM   #13  
Time For Change

S/C/G: see/ticker/:)

Height: 6'0"

I work at Sobeys and we have 4 different kinds, I just noticed them tonight while stocking shelves. -_-
ElociN2392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:57 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElociN2392 View Post
I work at Sobeys and we have 4 different kinds, I just noticed them tonight while stocking shelves. -_-
Sweet! I have a Sobey's I can walk to from home...will check it out tonight! Fingers crossed!!

I will keep my eye out for the Canadian thread!
Old 05-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Metro also sells a bunch of Walden Farms stuff.

When you're in the US you should go to a grocery store (we go to Tops) and stock up on 4C Totally Light drink crystals. They're individually packaged singles that we use in 1L water and they're delish! Best of all they're made with splenda so totally IP 'approved'.

Each box of 20 (or 24 if you get the mixed box) is $2 cheaper than Low Carb Canada (which we love - we're pretty close by so we go to the store often). But our biggest score when we were in the US a few weeks ago was that they had a buy one get one free sale on the boxes. We stocked up like crazy! Was awesome!!!
IPdivajen is offline   Reply With Quote