Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 257/239.4/150

Height: 5'6"

Default water water everywhere!

So water has always been my struggle...I've always struggled to get all my water in for the day!

I've tried really hard this week to drink all I'm supposed to and since saturday I have drank my required water plus more every day!

It's amazing how it's affected me! It's true about the more you drink the more you crave...I feel like I can't get enough of it!!

also, Ive noticed that my weight doesnt fluctuate as much when I drink a lot of water. Usually my weight can fluctuate up to 5lbs IN A DAY! (I am one of those crazy people who weighs herself everytime I go in the bathrrom! haha I know it's bad, but I cant help myself!) Anyways, since drinking all this water, my weight has stayed low! It has only been fluctuating like within a pound each day - I thinkI like it! haha

Anyway, that's my 2 cents on water! lol

~Laura
peachiee77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Water is something I have to work on drinking enough of too. It's not so bad during the week when I am at work but on the weekends I do not drink enough and my fingers swell up will sausages which causes my wedding ring to get stuck.
Good for you for succeeding in getting all your water in!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 264/216.6/160

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMom View Post
Water is something I have to work on drinking enough of too. It's not so bad during the week when I am at work but on the weekends I do not drink enough and my fingers swell up will sausages which causes my wedding ring to get stuck.
Good for you for succeeding in getting all your water in!
You took the words right out of my mouth. I'm working on my second bottle of for the day. It's funny too, because I really don't drink anything but water, so the fact that I'm not getting enough in a day, is a little silly on my part.
Iyakamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 245.8/240/145

Height: 5'4"

I used to HATE ice water because the way the cold water felt on my sensitive teeth. Over time that has changed and I always have to have ice water (I just drink it through a straw now!). It's funny how your body starts to crave those *healthy* things once you make them habits!
eguestx0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I actually have to play tricks on myself to get enough water. I tell myself "you must have a full bottle (16.9oz) with each meal. You can't finish your meal until it's done, etc."

I'm like a kid!
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:35 PM   #6  

Munchy, it's so funy that you say that because that's totally what I've done!! I need to trick myself too and I've put those restrictions on myself as well. I have a reusable bottle and I've told myself I need to finish one before I eat my lunch, finish another one before I leave work, and finish the last one throughout the evening - its a lot harder for me to drink water when I'm at home! It's working though so who am I to complain... Whatever we gotta do to make it work right?!
Old 05-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

I just drink when I'm thirsty. Am I missing something?

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #8  

Freelancemomma - I've always heard that you should never feel thirsty and if you do it's a sign that you're already dehydrated. I know you're supposed to have 8 glasses of water a day (64 ounces in a day maybe?!) and more depending on your weight, activity level, etc.

that's what my understanding is anyways. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:06 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachiee77 View Post
Freelancemomma - I've always heard that you should never feel thirsty and if you do it's a sign that you're already dehydrated. I know you're supposed to have 8 glasses of water a day (64 ounces in a day maybe?!) and more depending on your weight, activity level, etc.

that's what my understanding is anyways. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
If it helps, from CNN

A new report throws water on the long-held belief that eight glasses of water a day is good for your health.

That just doesn't hold water, according to doctors at the University of Pennsylvania, CBS News correspondent Nancy Cordes reports.

"If you're thirsty, drink," said Dr. Stanley Goldfarb. "If you're not thirsty, you needn't drink."

The researchers looked at all of the studies out there and found no evidence that drinking lots of water has lots of benefits.

Some common misconceptions, as told by passers-by:

•It cleans all the toxins that are in your body.

•Your body weight divided by two, that's how many fluid ounces you should at least be bringing in.

•Drinking water improves your skin tone.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-18563_162-3991145.html

Even if it flushes out toxins, sometimes I wonder if I drink WAYY too much, I'll flush out the good stuff along with the bad stuff haha.

Last edited by pixelllate; 05-03-2012 at 02:07 PM.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #10  

I used to have a problem with getting enough water each day. I find that exercising really helps with that, it makes me so thirsty, I can't have enough of it in the next 2 hours after finishing my workouts. I used to live off Coke, but now I barely crave any (maybe during TOM), I got so used to drinking water, Coke just seems too sweet
Natasha22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:19 PM   #11  

S/C/G: HW160/SW 156/CW125/GW120ish

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMom View Post
s I do not drink enough and my fingers swell up will sausages which causes my wedding ring to get stuck.
That happens to me too. What is up with the less water = swollen fingers thing?
Only Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:59 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 187/181/160

Height: 5'2

I don't do this anymore, but when I was in high school i used to wear 8 stretchy bracelets on my wrists and each time I drank a glass of water, I moved the bracelet from one wrist to the other. My goal was to have all my bracelets on the other wrist by the end of the day. I don't to this anymore because I don't wear bracelets anymore, but it worked well then.

No, like many of you said, I find myself drinking a lot of water at work, but once I'm home, I don't drink as much.
GlitterDreams is offline   Reply With Quote