South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 11:35 AM   #1  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs down Beach Newbie! Good morning!

Hi everyone! I just ordered my copy of SBD off Amazon.com. I'm a failed example of Weight Watchers... I joined them at 209, got down to 157, but gained it almost all back. I'm 32, female, 5'8", currently 198 pounds and I want to get down to 140!

I'm a size 18 top/20 bottom. I remember at 157 I was a size 10 top/8 bottom. Ack! I have to go buy an interview outfit today and I HATE that it is going to be "plus" size. Lane Bryant, ugh! Ah well! Holyoke Mall, here I come!

I've been half-heartedly trying WW again, but I fall off because of mad cravings for huge amounts of Pizza Hut pizza and red wine (serious carbo addict.) I could LIVE on bread. I've had days where all I ate was carbs like bagels, cinnamon toast, and pasta.... and I wonder why I am a maniac for more.

Looking forward to meeting you all through this board, and learning and losing!

Sarah

Last edited by BerkshireGrl; 08-17-2003 at 11:47 AM.
Old 08-17-2003, 01:56 PM   #2  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Sarah, boy, does your post sound familiar! It sounds like we have a lot in common when it comes to our weight loss history and challenges!

I was eating "low fat", but realized that I was NOT eating HEALTHY! I could go a full day on nothing but carbs! No protein, no veggies, barely any fruit. That is when I decided to give SBD a shot. While I am not OP every single day, I find it very easy to "get back to the beach!" My attitudes about food and weight loss have changed a lot, and I really don't feel I am on a "diet"...oops, I know that is a four letter word!

I think you'll find this an extremely supportive environment! Make sure you check out the daily thread when you can, and let us know how you are doing!

Welcome aboard!
Old 08-17-2003, 02:01 PM   #3  

Welcome Sarah!!!

I did really well on Weight Watchers about 10 years ago ... lost almost 100 pounds following Weight Watchers and exercising but have gained back about 20 pounds over the past year and a half and decided to try South Beach ... no counting, no points, and I feel so much better ... down 13 pounds.

After about the first week the bread cravings are gone, not to worry ... check in on the daily and check out the recipe thread to avoid boredom ...

Let us know your start date and we'll all cheer you along!!!

Kathy
Old 08-17-2003, 02:03 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quote:
My attitudes about food and weight loss have changed a lot
That quote from Franny sums up how I feel about this plan and this group.

Welcome to The Beach. There is lots of room here although we do share beach umbrellas a lot. Be sure to post on the daily which is usually started by Lady Windsong, our chick cher leader who has an unlimited supply of inspiring messages! We suspect she is really a formerly fat angel.
Old 08-17-2003, 02:13 PM   #5  
Mous

welcome welcome welcome

You have made a great decision to learn to eat Healthy.

See you at the dailies

Lady Windsong
Old 08-17-2003, 02:24 PM   #6  

Can I join this group too?? I too had joined ww and had some success, but then back the weight comes- I felt like i was depriving myself- I was almost bitter at times that I have to eat the "diet" food, while my counterparts could eat anything they want! I have been reading up on the net about the SBD and it sound so much healthier than atkins. I'm really excited about this new venture! Thanks,Squishymom
Old 08-17-2003, 02:25 PM   #7  

Hey, Sarah

I too am a newbie on the beach and also am expecting my copy of SBD Monday or Tuesday. I can't wait!! I also got a bit over-enthusiastic and ordered a Lateral Thigh Stepper thing (gosh- I do get wound up sometimes!!)

I KNOW I'm eating way too many carbs and my poor old body reflects it. It is time to change how I eat and I am really ready. I am now 40 and I'm sick of worrying how I will look in this or being disgusted with how I look in that. Does that sound familiar to anyone??

I weigh about 195 now and would like to see how I feel at 145. That is my initial goal. This is such a wonderful spot to come to learn how others are doing and for the support.

So, Sarah - good luck to you, good luck to me and good luck to all the others out there. Let's kick off some butt!

L.
195/195/145
Old 08-17-2003, 02:53 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Wow! Lots of new folks!

WELCOME!
Old 08-17-2003, 07:38 PM   #9  

Hello all. I am new too. Planning on starting tomorrow am. Any tips? What are the dailies?
Wish me luck.
Old 08-17-2003, 07:47 PM   #10  

Hi, I'm new too. Started today but not always sure what I'm doing. Haven't got the book yet. I don't know if I can do this Phase 1 without cheating. I am hungry today. Also for the experts out there in Phase 1 can I have peas and kidney beans. I'm pretty sure the kidney beans are okay but not sure about the peas. Oh yes I also was a successful WW. Lost 150 lbs and now after more than 10 years have 100 of it back. I need a jump start and I hope this is it.
Old 08-17-2003, 08:01 PM   #11  

Welcome and best of luck to all of you who will be starting tomorrow. We are all in this together wether it is one day, one week or six months. We learn from each other and there is always something new to learn, or to laugh about. Julie
Old 08-17-2003, 08:28 PM   #12  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Wow! Thanks for all the great support! You all are really nice... and to fellow newbies, hello too!

I expect to get my copy of the book in the next few days, then I'll jump in and let you know how I am doing.

FINALLY got home from the mall and I am happy to say I got a very nice outfit from Lane Bryant. Who knew, but they have really changed their line of clothing to be more hip and stylish! (and affordable!) I got a much better selection there than at Filene's, whose "women's" section is sad! Frumpy, ugly patterns, cheap materials and construction... although there is a nice line there called "i.e", modern and nice fabrics and cuts.

You know, I'm happier thinner, and plan to get back to my former size 8, but it was a ego boost to be surrounded by women in Lane Bryant that were not size 4... to feel "normal". Does this make me a bad person? ;-)

Have a good night all! I gotta go make a healthy dinner and cut tags off clothes and squeeze in some ironing before bed!

Got my interview Tuesday at 4:30 for a graphic design job with a big salary increase, and nicer benefits! Wish me luck!

Crossing her fingers,
Sarah
Old 08-17-2003, 09:10 PM   #13  

Squishy ... no kidney beans or peas on phase 1 ... kidney beans on phase 2 but the Dr. doesn't seem to have peas anywhere (maybe he doesn't like them) ...

Wow, lots of newbies ... check the daily and keep us posted ...

Good luck on the job Sarah ...

Welcome everyone!!!
Old 08-17-2003, 09:12 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Whew! How can I keep up? I'm old, remember. Welcome to you all! You will love it here!

Peas are not allowed on Phase 1 but kidney beans are!
Crossing my fingers and boobs for Sarah.
The Daily usually has a title like "Marvellous Monday" for example. Here is today's http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=30712 They are usually started by the first chick up and functioning, usually Lady Windsong these days but anyone can start one using the "new thread" option.
Sleep well and stroll onto The Beach with us tomorrow.
Old 08-17-2003, 10:08 PM   #15  

Thanks for the answers. I thought peas probably weren't allowed but had some tonight with Cauliflower. Had the kidney beans too so I'm going with Ruthxxx said. Thanks.
Closed Thread