Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 02:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 5/3/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 05-03-2012, 02:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Good morning all,
I'm up early, with a cup of Yogi Bedtime tea, hoping to go back to sleep in a half hour. But I thought I'd get the Daily Chat going for all the early risers!

We have so many new folks lately, newbies and restarters. That is terrific!! Love the questions and answers.

Wishing all of you a grand day!
Old 05-03-2012, 02:58 AM   #3  
Ideal Protein April 27/12

S/C/G: 215 / Ticker / 165

Height: 5' 7"

Glad im not the only person up and surfing lol. Have a great day as well!
Old 05-03-2012, 05:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Good Morning Peeps!
Hope you all have a FABULOUS day!
I feel a ton lighter today ?
Love and hugs to all!
Old 05-03-2012, 06:08 AM   #5  
Restart IP 05/19/14

S/C/G: 370/349/150

Good morning everyone! Up and enjoying my coffee before I start working.

I just have to share my great dinner last night! I finally had the nerve to try the rutabaga I purchased (never had one before), so I decided to experiment before throwing it out. I cut it into thin strips about half the size of fries and threw them into a pan with a little olive oil. After they softened I added 8 oz. very lean ground beef to the same pan and began browning the beef. I added onion powder, garlic powder, and some Tony Chachere's.

It was soooo yummy! It kinda-sorta had a hash consistency. I can imagine this would be very versitile, epecially using different spices each time. I think the next time I make it, I will use curry powder!

Have a great OP day!
Old 05-03-2012, 06:13 AM   #6  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Happy Thursday Everbody!

Thanks for starting the thread Chloe.

If the rain lets up today I am going to plant my flowers outside, then later this afternoon I am meeting some old friends for lunch. I plan on having a great day. I think if I start this day off on a positive note it will stay positive throughout.

Have a great day and enjoy all the successes big & small.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 156/152/135

Yay! My shipment of IP products arrived last night! I was subbing the EAS shake in for the meantime but love the taste and richness of the IP shakes and puddings so much better!

I noticed quite a few teachers on here... I teach 25 first graders....they are awesome this year! QUITE a handful lately....they too are feeling 'over' the rigidity of a school day and want to relax a bit and talk...and talk...and talk! To each other and to me...all day long! HA! Yesterday I was like, I need 3 min of peace! Meaning, please do not tell me another random story about legos, your uncle, what level you beat in Mario and luigi, or Pokemon cards....I REALLY don't care about any of that! LOL......I turned away and made a cup of tea in my classroom keurig while they finished up some work....sometimes we all need to remember to give ourselves a 3 min 'escape' in our day to regroup....felt much better!

Nice reading everyone's accomplishments so far this week!
Old 05-03-2012, 06:32 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 260/200.6/180

Height: 5' 9"

Good Morning Everyone! Well I am proud to say i survived day 1 OP 100%. Was not sure if I could do it but I did. Yeah!!! One day closer to WI #1.

Hope everyone has a great OP day! Keep up the great work!
Old 05-03-2012, 07:23 AM   #9  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Good morning everyone. I hope you all have an awesome day.

I have WI #6 at 8. I am excited and nervous. I will report back later. Then off to work. Today is my "Friday" so tomorrow I need to split and stack some wood and get the lawn mower fired up to mow all the green stuff!
Old 05-03-2012, 07:27 AM   #10  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Good morning everyone, getting an early start today. Good luck on your WI USMCVET and everyone else that has WI's today. Don't forget to post in the challenge.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:45 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy

Good morning IP family!

I woke up with blood in my urine this morning. I'm pretty scared. (I'm notoriously a big wimp with anything medical.) Will call my doctor at 9:00 and hope to be seen today. A quick google search shows a higher incidence of UTI or kidney infections with high protein diets. Believe it or not, my biggest concern is that the doctor may tell me to stop IP cold turkey! I really, really don't want to stop in a manner that will make me gain back everything I've lost! I'm hoping that, if anything, they let me phase off properly. I know, I know.... I'm probably worrying about the wrong thing..... or even worrying needlessly. I'm just a mess this morning, almost on the verge of panic.

Wishing everyone a great day.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:47 AM   #12  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone. Day 3 and I'm still OP, but definitely feeling the mood swings. Yesterday I had horrible body aches, but hopefully it'll get better in a few days. On the bright side, I slept really well last night!

Hope everyone has a great day and good luck to those of you who have WI.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:50 AM   #13  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Good morning everyone!

Today is WI #3 at 11:00. I'm so excited (can you imagine being excited to get on a scale???). I will check in later. Have a great OP day.

Shelia
Old 05-03-2012, 07:52 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Good morning to everyone! Good luck on WI's and what have ya! It is nice to see so many newbies on line! Nolt much planned for today, just the usual mom stuff. Dance recital is this weekend and then the count down for the end of school begins! I love summer!
Well enough rambling, I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-03-2012, 07:53 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 198/154/139

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Good morning IP family!

I woke up with blood in my urine this morning. I'm pretty scared. (I'm notoriously a big wimp with anything medical.) Will call my doctor at 9:00 and hope to be seen today. A quick google search shows a higher incidence of UTI or kidney infections with high protein diets. Believe it or not, my biggest concern is that the doctor may tell me to stop IP cold turkey! I really, really don't want to stop in a manner that will make me gain back everything I've lost! I'm hoping that, if anything, they let me phase off properly. I know, I know.... I'm probably worrying about the wrong thing..... or even worrying needlessly. I'm just a mess this morning, almost on the verge of panic.

Wishing everyone a great day.
I hope this turns out to be a minor thing! Gad you are going in to find out what is going on.

I got on the scale today and....150's!! 158.4 so happy to hit this. I know every loss is important, but this seems a big psychological point to me.
Closed Thread