South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 06:21 AM   #1  
Mous

Wink Enjoy your Day at the Beach DAILY 8/17

GOOD morning!

Take time today to put away all thoughts of "diet" and just ENJOY the day.

Let the new inner you emerge and smile.

Be happy.

Know that today you aren't going to worry over ANYTHING.

You are going to ENJOY this day to its fullest.

Relish in the thoughts that you are happier, healthier and don't eat like you used to, your clothes fit differently and you weigh a little less.

Think about YOU today and ENJOY your thoughts.

Mom isn't going to go to church today. The pews are hard as rocks and she doesn't need to further aggreviate her "booboo".

My DH is going out to lunch with a friend.......male of course LOL

And ME?

Laundry, cook, clean up kitchen and then come back here and I may even read.

Have an ENJOYABLE day.

Lady
Old 08-17-2003, 08:31 AM   #2  

Good Morning!!

I had a not so good day yesterday. I always have a problem on weekends.

I tried to keep it legal but I am up 1 lb from yesterday. I think it's the combination of too many nuts and not enough water.

Anyway, off to Church this AM and I'm not sure aout the rest of the day.

Have a good one everybody
Old 08-17-2003, 10:10 AM   #3  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Good morning everyone! I didn't post at all yesterday...decided to take the day off from the beach. I think my birthday celebration is finally over, thank goodness!

We went to a local four-star french restaurant for dinner. Since we were then going to an outdoor concert we opted for the more casual Bistro and not the main restaurant. We have never been before, and it was just lovely. It reminded me so much of living in Europe. I ate what I wanted, and it wasn't nearly as bad as it would have been a few months ago, so I am counting it as a victory! I didn't work out, either! I really, truly just took the day off, and I am glad I did! The concert was so pleasant...the Dayton Philharmonic and Michael Feinstein singing a lot of the great standards. Just lovely!

Today is a happy, happy day! I just got up but I already know it is going to be a great day. I'm not at all upset with myself for yesterday's slacking off...maybe because I made a conscious decision to take the day off?

I hope all find a way to embrace the day today, and take pleasure in whatever you do!
Old 08-17-2003, 10:17 AM   #4  

Angry Good Morning Beachers....<smile>

lucky us...in for another beautiful day here in the North. Sun shinning and warm temps, although the wind seems to be picking up a bit, so a storm could be brewing.

Made some slips on the beach yesterday, but I am not going to beat myself up about it. Had a friend visiting and felt one day would be okay. I do leave on holidays on Tuesday, and have started planning my meals and thoughts for two weeks. Could be interesting. I am just hoping that I do well enough not to gain back the wonderful weight I lost. Remembering to eat at regular times, will also help me...<smile>

Love seeing everyone around and reading the posts! Enjoy the day and keep smiling....

Wendy
Old 08-17-2003, 10:37 AM   #5  
In Control: E+R=O

Good morning beach beauties!

I just wrote a long and eloquent post, and then somehow deleted it before I posted it!! Arrrrgghhhhh!!!!! So I'm going to try again, if I can remember what I had said.

Marcie, you must have been reading my mind again! You said "Relish in the thoughts that you are happier, healthier and don't eat like you used to, your clothes fit differently and you weigh a little less"....and that is exactly what I've been saying to myself these past couple of weeks. I really do love this new WOL.

ZuzeQ, remember that your weight can fluctuate from day to day, and that's why it's recommended that you don't weigh yourself every day, and if you do, to not worry too much about the numbers going up and down slightly. If you really did overdo it a little with the nuts (as I've done on more than one occasion ), I've found that drinking a lot of water the next day really helps.

Franny, I just posted a response to you on your happy birthday thread. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your birthday celebration, it sounds wonderful! And what you just wrote about not being upset with yourself about what you ate yesterday because you made the conscious decision to do that....is exactly what I wrote to you in the other thread! Wow, great minds really do think alike!!

Wendy, good for you for not beating yourself up over a couple of slips! That accomplishes nothing other than to make you feel even worse about yourself. It sounds like you have a good plan for the next couple of weeks, planning ahead is a very smart idea! Have a nice time!

I went shopping yesterday and bought a pedometer. Now I just have to figure out how to set it and how to use it!

Well, the "dog days of summer" are here! It's been hot and humid and sticky the past few days...we've been seeing the hottest days of the summer. I hate to admit it, but I really am looking forward to the fall! Fall is my favorite season. When I was shopping yesterday I was looking at all of the cute fall and winter clothes in "normal" sizes, and even though I can't fit into them yet, I promised myself that in the not too distant future I will be able to shop for those cute clothes to my heart's content!
Old 08-17-2003, 10:40 AM   #6  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Thanks for all the wonderful anniversary wishes!!! DH is my best friend and soulmate. It truly DOES seem, at times, like we have been together forever. Then at times it seems like we just met yesterday!!! We had a great day. Lots of fun and lots of WORK as we had to start getting the house normalized after the power outage. Washed dishes and then sanitized them in boiled water with a touch of bleach. They say we are going to have to boil AND conserve water until WEDNESDAY!!! I'm doing my best, but I will DEFINITELY need a shower before then!!!!
Old 08-17-2003, 12:12 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey, Den, come for a visit and I'll take you to Pike Rock to jump in our beautiful lake. It's a bit cold but shivering burns up calories. Yes, we can "skinny" dip, if you want.

Not much going on here. I finally kept my date with the scale - a day early but hey! I'm still in ONEderland, but barely. I am going to seriously consider revising my Sept. 1 goal as I somehow doubt I'll lose 10 pounds in two weeks - unless I sacrifice a boob or something! Vacation was great but I certainly was NOT on programme.

My newest addiction (replacing food and wine) is my pedometer. Funny how a little thing like that can motivate you - finally. I am aiming for 10,000 steps per day and Hershey will be stepping them with me. (If I put it on her collar will it register double steps because of the four legs? Hmmmm. )

We are expecting more rolling blackouts today so I won't be online much. I hope those of us affected can check in soon. I also hope the weather stays coolish as I really missed my AC yesterday!

Happy Sunny Sunday
Old 08-17-2003, 12:49 PM   #8  
cranky & determined

Hi there Beachsters and Welcome Back Ruthie!

['m just getting myself bacdk together (so to speak) after the blackout. I got some extra exercise in by walking up and down eight flights - some of them carrying my cute old Max - who absolutely refuses to walk down or up eight flights of stairs! Once we realized we weren't under attack we collectively pulled together and had a party by candlelight but with alll those us and downs - emotionally and stair-wise - I'm still a bit whipped.

Enjoy your day on the Beach, Babes and Happy Belated Anniversary to you and your DH Den!

Hugs,

Last edited by operadog; 08-17-2003 at 12:52 PM.
Old 08-17-2003, 01:44 PM   #9  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Ruthie...Thanks for the giggle! If I were to sacrifice a boob I MIGHT lose a pound...maybe 2!! Thank goodness that isn't really a consideration!

My newest "addiction" is my heart rate monitor....I love seeing the numbers climb when I work out...I think of all the calories I am burning and how much stronger my heart is getting. I just did the WATP 3 mile tape, and my heart rate was just about off the charts! And I feel great!

Now off to the pool for my 7 yr old to practice his snorkeling! Enjoy your day everyone!
Old 08-17-2003, 01:54 PM   #10  

Good Afternoon Everyone ...

Glad you had a nice birthday franny ... mine's next week and I'm planning on being off the beach for the day ...

Raining in Rhode Island ... it's either unbelievably muggy or raining so I decided to stay in and clean the kitchen floor ... it get covered with sap from a huge tree in the backyard so I actually have to get on my hands and knees with a Brillo pad to scrape the sap off ... must have burned a million calories!!!

I've had a pedometer for about 2 months (they gave them out at work) and can't figure out how to program the darn thing ....

Lady, your posts always make me smile ...

Glad the blackouts are pretty much over and all is well ...

Have a nice day!!!
Old 08-17-2003, 02:43 PM   #11  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Ruth-WOW!! Talk about a day at the beach!!! Sounds GREAT actually, especially after being so hot for so many days. Another side effect of being overweight.....I CAN'T stand the heat anymore!!! I hear you about goals too. We have pretty much been using up stuff that we are afraid will go bad quicker, so i am not exactly on program!!!

Anna-HI! Been missing you!! I know we had the same thought at first too, but I thought of everyone in NYC and how frightening it must have been for you. After that though people here seemed to reach out more too. We got to know a neighbor that we have just been on waving terms with up until now!!!

Franny-I'd lose 50 pounds, and stop bending over!!! (okay, that is for BOTH!!) I am so glad that you had a good birthday!! I like having birthday week....the celebration just keeps going!! Although that CAN wreak havoc on your weight!!

Nikkiloo-Are you going to take the beach to the beach with you?!? We're going to Tobermory Tuesday, and I hope to stay on the beach, but i have been pretty bad lately!!!! Just made a huge salad to go with our grilled pork though, so this may be the (re)start of something good!!!
Closed Thread