Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-02-2012, 05:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/204/168

Height: 5'9

Default week of cheats, regret and sniffles!

hello everyone, hope your all still doing really well on your journeys!

i've had a week of coming of my eating plan, i'm really struggling to get back into it.

now for a little moan about me, violins at the ready please!

i have had a chest infection, sore throat, cough etc so being all sorry for myself i had some chocolate and chilli con carne and then that lead to alcohol on the weekend (even though i was ill!) i've also gone through a rough patch in my relationship, its all lead to a week of cheating! all my problems are sorted now but now my motivation to get slim has gone, i just cant get back into it.

i weighed in yesterday and im 13st 4.2 so thats still a 4pound loss from starting when really it should be around 8!

what are your guys tips and tricks for re motivating yourself to get back on it?!

appreciate the help everyone, on your journeys.

snookipaige

Last edited by snookipaige; 05-02-2012 at 05:42 AM.
snookipaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/190/140

Height: 5'5"

Been there untold times.....

The only advice I can give is to draw a line under it, put it behind you and get back to it! For me the secret to success is not letting the regrets overwhelm you - to just grit your teeth and get on with it. That's been the difference for me this time round between being in touching distance of the finishing line or the usual falling off the wagon and staying there.

Get well soon and get back to it!
Elliemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:42 AM   #3  
Long Hauling It

S/C/G: 365/208/190

Height: 6' 3"

I just start off with a fresh daily commitment and eating with my new lifestyle. I write down all my daily goals, not just weight, so this works pretty well for me. At this point I take off days in stride (maybe too well?).
shapedself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 265/211/130

Height: 5'6"

The first thing I do is get rid of anything I know I can't stay away from. I always have a twinge of guilt for being wasteful, but for me, it has to go. Next make a plan for the next few days and commit to that plan. It usually only takes me a few days of getting back into the swing of things, but those few days are rough. Every time a thought pops into my head about something I shouldn't have, I remind myself that I made a commitment to 3 days (or how ever many days) and I have to stick to them. Also for those few days, I'll set up trade-offs. Things like, if I want an extra coffee (which normally I limit) I can have an extra coffee as long as I stay on plan, or if I want to rent a movie and lay on the couch all evening, I can, as long as eat on plan.

Like I said, this is what works for me and it's usually only a few days before my mind switches back into on-plan mode. I hope you find something that works for you. Overall, just don't give up trying!
WildThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:05 AM   #5  
keep going

S/C/G: 176/ticker/140

Height: 5'6

Hey! Sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well!

I remember posts from you before but I can't remember what type of diet you were doing exactly.. I just remember you saying that you wouldn't eat until specific times. Maybe this was too much of a shock to you, it can be difficult to change things so dramatically. Have you tried just simple calorie counting? It's ok to eat bad things sometimes, you've got to still enjoy yourself but just factor the calories in and if you go over one day eat a little less the next. It all works out. It has to be a lifestyle change if you really want to get the weight off and keep it off. Try to make sure you have a few different options for healthy meals and snacks. For me if I don't have variety I just want to eat something not so great. Eat food that you enjoy. There are lots of different healthy meals that you can eat.

I think most people feel like you are feeling right now at some point. Losing weight can be hard but really think about why you wanted to lose in the first place. Are you happy with your body right now? Why did you want to lose weight? For health or for looks/both? Did you take up any sort of exercise?

You've already lost some weight and you're more than capable of getting to your goal. Let yourself do it but don't be too hard on yourself. And try not to think of it as cheating, just do the best you can.

Feel better!
LeilaJey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliemar View Post
Been there untold times.....

The only advice I can give is to draw a line under it, put it behind you and get back to it! For me the secret to success is not letting the regrets overwhelm you - to just grit your teeth and get on with it. That's been the difference for me this time round between being in touching distance of the finishing line or the usual falling off the wagon and staying there.

Get well soon and get back to it!
What great advice! I do this to myself all the time! Thank you!
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote