Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 02:31 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 5/2/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 05-02-2012, 05:59 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 196.6/130/134

Height: 5'2

Good Morning I Peeps! Have a wonderful OP day!!!!
Old 05-02-2012, 06:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 181/164.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Question

Had my first weigh in yesterday and lost 8 lbs. My coach was pleased --- but -- I lost a little lean mass. I did not cheat at all. My DS had a soccer tournament and I did not eat consistently over the weekend and missed dinner one night -- too tired to eat. My coach and I discussed strategies on what to eat on the road - particularly when all the food choices on hand are bad.

As a newbie I have come to realize that I need to keep an IP survival kit with me when I travel. I have read some older posts and have gotten ideals - but would like your input. What do you bring with you when you travel?

Thank you.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:07 AM   #4  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat2500 View Post
Had my first weigh in yesterday and lost 8 lbs. My coach was pleased --- but -- I lost a little lean mass. I did not cheat at all. My DS had a soccer tournament and I did not eat consistently over the weekend and missed dinner one night -- too tired to eat. My coach and I discussed strategies on what to eat on the road - particularly when all the food choices on hand are bad.

As a newbie I have come to realize that I need to keep an IP survival kit with me when I travel. I have read some older posts and have gotten ideals - but would like your input. What do you bring with you when you travel?

Thank you.
Congrats on the loss!
Old 05-02-2012, 06:13 AM   #5  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning.

I had such a good sleep. I went to bed at 9pm and slept like a rock all the way till the alarm rang at 5:45 this morning. Had a crazy dream that I was away on vacation with Don Draper (from Mad Men).. hee heee no wonder I didnt wake up before I had to.

I have weigh in this morning and I did not wake up feeling skinny today, feeling kinda puffy but it will be ok whatever the scale says. Who knows maybe the WhOOSH Fairy will visit within the next 3 hours.

I hope everyone has an easy time OP today.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning IP family!
I'm off to a weigh in today, so I'm rummaging through the chat room drawers looking for that dang 'Whoosh Fairy'.
I'll let you know later if I was able to find her.
Have a great day!
Old 05-02-2012, 06:41 AM   #7  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning! Just wanted to wish everyone a great OP day!
Old 05-02-2012, 06:52 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 260/200.6/180

Height: 5' 9"

I have an appt at 10 am this morning to join IP. I am so excited. I think I have finally found a change in lifestyle that will work for me. Any advice on what to expect on my first visit? Looking forward to being on a life long journey.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:02 AM   #9  
Started IP Jan. 17, 2012

S/C/G: 191/149/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all!

Thanks to this forum and some inner power I was able to find, yesterday I had my first 100% OP day in weeks yesterday. This is a very NSV that I have been trying to get back to. It feels great. I feel like a newbie: slept well, woke up well and feel energetic.

Ready for my weigh in this afternoon. I hope the scale will be my friend. Good luck everyone and I will check in later!

Aud
Old 05-02-2012, 07:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone!! Wow, it feels strange to actually have a free minute to sit down and check in here. Finally after a serious kick in the pants I went back OP on Monday and there is no looking back now. I already licked some salt to hopefully keep the headache away but I have Advil on standby if necessary. Hope everyone has a great day!!

Quote:

Thank you.
Welcome! And congrats on your 8lbs!! That's wonderful! As for what I bring when I'm on the road it varies. At all times I keep a MiO, day's worth of vitamins, small salt shaker and extra packet in my purse or car (also not a bad idea to keep a shaker in there if you have an extra one). If you use WF products some people also keep the single serve packets with them for salad but I don't use them.

However, it sounds like you were caught away from home for dinner, so when I know I will be away for dinner, or think I might be I hard boil 2 eggs and pack them along with a container of sliced raw peppers, cucumbers, whatever veggie you like. Cucumbers are especially good if you marinade them with some red onion and cider vinegar and oil.

If you're getting home late and haven't eaten, remember that 2 eggs are a super quick and easy protein replacement for dinner. I would often scramble two while I was slicing some veggies and have dinner ready in 5 minutes. Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen71 View Post
I have an appt at 10 am this morning to join IP. I am so excited. I think I have finally found a change in lifestyle that will work for me. Any advice on what to expect on my first visit? Looking forward to being on a life long journey.
Welcome!! At your first appointment you will probably be weighed /measured, have the entire program explained to you and probably select a weeks worth of food (or be given a variety to try your first week like I was). Stick around, there's a lot of wonderful information here!
Old 05-02-2012, 07:48 AM   #11  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Good morning ladies! Day 2 and feeling good. I kinda cheated this morning and stepped on the scale. But I'm glad I did. Down 5 lbs since Saturday! And this is after a month of eating right and exercising and only lost 2 lbs. I'm sold!

But I carpool with a girl from work and when I told her about it on the drive in, she said it's probably just water weight. These kind of comments are typical coming from her. I'm sure some of it is water weight and I'd already thought about that, but like I said, in an entire month I only lost 2 lbs, so something is obviously happening here. Oh well, I'm not letting it get me down.

I'm not going to change my ticker until my official weigh-in on Saturday, but it still feels good, ya know?
Old 05-02-2012, 07:59 AM   #12  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Quote:

Thank you.
Good job on the 8 lb loss, too bad some of it was muscle :/ I'm a newbie as well and need to make a travel kit. I think I'm gonna have a day's worth of vitamins, a non-restricted IP packet (drink), and a WF dressing packet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen71 View Post
I just had my consultation Saturday. From what I'm reading in this forum, all coaches are different, but I spent about an hour with mine going over my lifestyle, weight loss goals, my expectations, discussing the program, and of course weight and measurement. One thing I would suggest is to make a list of questions you would like to ask your coach. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by audgirl78 View Post
Good morning all!

Thanks to this forum and some inner power I was able to find, yesterday I had my first 100% OP day in weeks yesterday. This is a very NSV that I have been trying to get back to. It feels great. I feel like a newbie: slept well, woke up well and feel energetic.

Ready for my weigh in this afternoon. I hope the scale will be my friend. Good luck everyone and I will check in later!

Aud
Good job! I hope the scale is your friend too!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:06 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

So many post to read and no time, didn't get to read yesterday either......feels like cheating, when I can't read them. Just a quick pop in to say I am down 1.2 lbs for WI#8. Always wish for more, but it is a loss so I will take it. I didn't get to the gym this week, only once, so I need to step that up again.
Off to Syracuse tonight, then carrying on to Baltimore tomorrow....going to stay OP on my first trip on this diet. Wish me luck.
Have a great OP day everyone. Good luck to anyone who has there weigh in today, and congrats to those "losers" yesterday and NSV!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:07 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Good morning everybody! Rise and shine!

I ran my errands yesterday and kinda pooped out by noon, but rallied enough to get an afternoon of painting in. The spinach smoothie really keeps me going. Have been so tired at night that I can't get through all the posts...we sure are a gabby group!

I had not done my exercise for a couple days because I was stressed about making progress on the house. Painting and cleaning are hard work, but it is not the same as exercise. So I did my elliptical and rebounder and crunches yesterday and felt so much better, both physically and mentally. I was back in my zone, in the flow. A half-hour well spent.

Welcome to the newbies and good luck to everybody on your WI's, and for the naysayers in your lives, just let it float over you. Don't listen to 'em....

Have an incredible, joyous day!

Last edited by Sewmam; 05-02-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:18 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 194/168/150

Height: 5'8"

After a couple of weeks with no losses, BOOM!, down three! Yeehaw! Also, I made rhubarb oatmeal pancakes last night. Soooo good!

I'm so thankful for this Board and all the ideas and support!
Closed Thread