View Single Post
Old 08-17-2003, 11:10 AM   #3
frannymae
Captain of MY Destiny!

Good morning everyone! I didn't post at all yesterday...decided to take the day off from the beach. I think my birthday celebration is finally over, thank goodness!

We went to a local four-star french restaurant for dinner. Since we were then going to an outdoor concert we opted for the more casual Bistro and not the main restaurant. We have never been before, and it was just lovely. It reminded me so much of living in Europe. I ate what I wanted, and it wasn't nearly as bad as it would have been a few months ago, so I am counting it as a victory! I didn't work out, either! I really, truly just took the day off, and I am glad I did! The concert was so pleasant...the Dayton Philharmonic and Michael Feinstein singing a lot of the great standards. Just lovely!

Today is a happy, happy day! I just got up but I already know it is going to be a great day. I'm not at all upset with myself for yesterday's slacking off...maybe because I made a conscious decision to take the day off?

I hope all find a way to embrace the day today, and take pleasure in whatever you do!

It is easier to suppress the first desire than to satisfy all that follow. -unknown