South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 06:08 PM   #1  

Angry May be starting South Beach

I am thinking of trying the South Beach Diet. Can anyone give me some encouragement or advise on getting started. Thanks
Old 08-16-2003, 06:16 PM   #2  
Mous

Go to www.prevention.com and read all about this diet.

You can come back and post on the Daily boards.

Hope to see you soon on the Beach

Good Luck

Lady
Old 08-16-2003, 08:20 PM   #3  

Hi Miller, I've tried many different diets over the years and so far this one is very livable. Get your info at prevention then come back to us here. This is a very warm group of ladies with lot's of support to offer............. Julie
Old 08-16-2003, 09:16 PM   #4  
In Control: E+R=O

Hi Miller!

As has already been mentioned, there is a lot of great information at the Prevention site. Also, I would recommend that you get the book. The book will give you good background on the physiology and science behind this way of eating, and will help you understand how and why it will work. I've read through it a couple of times already, and refer to it often when I have a question about something. Now, having said that, the book won't answer all of your questions, and that's where web sites like Prevention and message boards like this are great....not to mention the important support and comraderie that you'll find here as well.

I hope you decide to give this way of eating a try. I strongly believe that it is a very healthy way of life, with weight loss as a happy side effect!!! Come back and read and post often!!
Old 08-16-2003, 10:54 PM   #5  

Thanks for all the information. I just spent some time at the Prevention web site. I am wondering what I will have for breakfast besides eggs any ideas. Also in Phase 1 can you have the lowfat yogurt. I think this will work for me once I get it going. I have always known that I eat too many carbs and I gain when I do. Thanks again.
Old 08-17-2003, 06:26 AM   #6  
Mous

Smile Morning

You can have LF cottage cheese, lean meats, LF cheeses make wonderful omelettes, Turkey Bacon, Canadian Bacon, the list is as long as your imigination.

Yogurt is for Phase 2 and there is a yummy smoothie recipe to look forward to.

Good Luck and see you at the Dailies.

Lady
Closed Thread