PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 184/173.9/145

Height: 5'2"

Question Calling all cysters with Fitbits

Hey PCOS ladies with fitbits:
Do you have the problem with your fitbit over calculating your BMR because your metabolism is slow compared to 'normal' people? How did you deal with it? I've only had mine less than a week so I'm waiting a full week to see if following my plan worked, or else I think it's over estimating my calorie burn... which woudl throw off everything else too. :-P
Any ideas?
Thanks.
ELBS717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 280/192.5/130

I have had my Fitbit since February and love it! I am on Metformin 2x a day 500 Mg...I have lost 35 pounds since January. I follow the FitBit plan 6 days a week and on Saturdays I allow myself a bit more freedom. I also exercise daily, usually walking. At least 2X a week I increase the walk length and intensity a great deal. The rest of the week, I simply stick to walking about 3-4 miles at a moderate pace. I could not be more pleased than I am with my FitBit, things are falling into place for me.
meltitaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:12 PM   #3  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Mine's the most accurate of all the tools I've tired.

I'm kinda annoyed mine has been missing for almost a month because I rely on it to tell my my steps and corresponding calorie burn.

I find the set up easy and accurate and you know what? It keeps me honest about how active I really am. I tend to confuse MENTAL active with BODY active -- because I do a lot of work and it does wear me out and tax my brain. But that doesn't mean I was walking around as much as I've been thinking I have.

If it doesn't turn up soon I think I may bite the bullet and order another one! Because for me it's that good a tool, and its worth it.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 04-29-2012 at 10:14 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:13 PM   #4  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Bullet bitten. LOL.

I just ordered my third. If the old one shows up soon I'll return it for a refund. If not, I'm getting on with it.

If is shows up later, fine. My kid has one now too. You know. To go with the missing blue one that will now be the one for my spouse if THAT one turns up again.

Such a good tool -- that's the only down side. Misplacing it because it is so small and mostly black. Should be NEON.

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 04-30-2012 at 09:15 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 184/173.9/145

Height: 5'2"

lol maybe you should get some neon electrical tape to wrap around it.
ELBS717 is offline   Reply With Quote