Old 04-13-2012, 10:31 AM   #1  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Smile Today Marks 8 Years On Atkins!

Eight years ago today, I started Atkins. Difficult to believe its been 8 years! It definitely has been one of the best decisions I've made in my life.
I know there are many miseducated & uneducated people out there where Atkins is concerned. Many think Atkins is the all you can eat red meat, bacon & butter diet. Let me assure you, it is not. From the initial stage of doing Atkins (known as Induction), veggies & salads are strongly encouraged. In fact, 12-15 of your 20 carbs for the day when doing Induction are to come from veggies & salads. That may surprise a lot of people. Which is exactly why I can't stress the importance of reading the book before beginning!
It works for me. I feel good eating this way.
For me, Atkins is a way of life for a lifetime!

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 04-13-2012 at 10:51 AM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Congrats to you and for finding something that you can live with and maintain! That's fantastic.

I admit, I was a bit skeptical about atkins and low carb, but only because I had tried it in the past and failed (because I ate all the red meat, ranch dressing and cheese my heart desired LOL).
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:22 PM   #3  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Kim! What an accomplishment! You are a source of inspiration for all of us.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 154.8/126/128

Height: 5'4

ditto serenity definitely a spurce of inspiration. This forum as been a strong support system for me!!! It has helped me in my weight loss journey
globetrotter74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:37 PM   #5  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hiya JG - great to "see" you again Congrats on 8 years of keep on keeping on (and lbs OFF) and thanks so much for all of your steady encouragement and example!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 206/222/160

Height: 5'5.5

Congratulations on your anniversary! Your achievements are an inspiration.
AnaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:56 PM   #7  
Idaho

AMAZING! Congratulations on your wonderful accomplishment - losing AND maintaining!
selway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #8  
TexasGirl

S/C/G: 173.7/140

congrats - you have accomplished so much. Thanks for all of your inspiration and for keeping "it real"
Yatese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:29 AM   #9  
carvinmom

S/C/G: 359/254/150

Height: 5'5''

Congratulations on your achieving your weight loss and maintaining. You have proven over time that Atkins will work if followed correctly. You have encouraged me to stick with it ....
carvinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:13 AM   #10  
carvinmom

jersey gyrl.... with being on Atkins for so long, do you have some favorite meals youve created. To be so dedicated for so long, you must have something you go to when you see mr sugar sneaking up on you. When your really craving something sweet and feel that temptation,,, what do you do to keep from slipping. My will power isnt very strong right now @@
Old 05-02-2012, 10:32 AM   #11  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvinmom View Post
jersey gyrl.... with being on Atkins for so long, do you have some favorite meals youve created. To be so dedicated for so long, you must have something you go to when you see mr sugar sneaking up on you. When your really craving something sweet and feel that temptation,,, what do you do to keep from slipping. My will power isnt very strong right now @@
Hi Carvinmom

From day 1 of beginning Atkins, I've kept my meals fairly simple. Eggs, cheese & low carb/low sugar yogurt for breakfast. Lunch is a salad with either grilled chicken on top or tuna salad. I add green beans or broccoli to my salads as well and sprinkle with sunflower seeds. Dinner is some type of meat, chicken, pork or fish, another smaller salad & more veggies.
As for something sweet....I'll have sugar-free jello or some greek yogurt. On occasion, I'll have an Atkins Endulge Nutty Fudge Brownie (most definitely NOT for Induction).
There are lots of great Atkins friendly recipes on the link below and those marked with an * are Induction friendly
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html
You CAN do this!
All the best to you!!
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:33 AM   #12  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammasita View Post
Congrats to you and for finding something that you can live with and maintain! That's fantastic.

I admit, I was a bit skeptical about atkins and low carb, but only because I had tried it in the past and failed (because I ate all the red meat, ranch dressing and cheese my heart desired LOL).
I failed on Atkins because I let sugar and refined carbs back into my life. Lesson learned.

Congrats Jerseygirl.

Last edited by canadianwoman; 05-03-2012 at 12:34 AM.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:39 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 306/253/205

Height: 5' 10"

Congratulations Jersey Girl... you are such an inspiration, sticking to the program for so long.

I'm trying to remember about Atkins (tried it off and on for several year ago) had some degree of success, lost 30 pound. But didn't go any farther, now due to health issues I need to loose more. Just finished a strict cleanses and de-tox (like Atkins Induction) and dropped 29 pounds and now transitioning into regular Atkins. Have to go get the book and re-read it!
lilywinsit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 195/130/135

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations Jersey Girl!

Deena
Deena52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:38 AM   #15  
carvinmom

Default jersey girl

[QUOTE=JerseyGyrl;4317377]Hi Carvinmom

From day 1 of beginning Atkins, I've kept my meals fairly simple. Eggs, cheese & low carb/low sugar yogurt for breakfast. Lunch is a salad with either grilled chicken on top or tuna salad. I add green beans or broccoli to my salads as well and sprinkle with sunflower seeds. Dinner is some type of meat, chicken, pork or fish, another smaller salad & more veggies.
As for something sweet....I'll have sugar-free jello or some greek yogurt. On occasion, I'll have an Atkins Endulge Nutty Fudge Brownie (most definitely NOT for Induction).
There are lots of great Atkins friendly recipes on the link below and those marked with an * are Induction friendly
http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html
You CAN do this!
All the best to you!!
[/QUOTE thank you jersey girl for sharing yourmeal ideas and your support..very hepful for someone struggling to get back to counting carbs.Sure feel better when im following my atkins to the ttttt.............