Old 04-30-2012, 08:18 AM   #1  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Default IP Daily Chat Monday April 30th 2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:19 AM   #2  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

I hope you all have a great day. Just finished breakfast with the kids. Working a split today, bringing the kids to school then off to work.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Hello Everyone!

I can't begin my day w/o being online here first checking in with my Ipeeps!

I wish all of you a great day, stay strong on IP, and enjoy the journey!
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:27 AM   #4  
Started IP April 19, 2012

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7"

Maybe we can fix this for tomorrow's thread but the "Quoting Tip" doesn't go to Rosie's post about quoting and the link to Dr. Tran's book (pdf) isn't there anymore.
I only noticed because I'm a newbie and am reading everything these days.
jcjnjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:32 AM   #5  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Morning everyone! Challenging weekend with a shower on Saturday and a birthday party on Sunday, and stayed 100% OP! Just kept telling myself "cheating is not an option"......filled up on more veggies and water!

NSV - got a few "you're really looking good" comments (no one knows I am doing IP). Yay! It's not just me noticing

Have a great day everyone.
3sisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/150

Height: 4'11

GM IPeeps.... Happy Monday. I had an awesome weekend. I havent been "out" on the town in about 6-7 months.... went out to a party at an art gallery ... hadd oodles of fun ..... the best part was getting notice for the weight loss. Back to the Monday Grind.

Keep it OP peeps...
KBig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:43 AM   #7  
MOM3GRL

S/C/G: 286/286/170

Height: 5' 8"

Good Morning All! It is a beautiful Monday here. Week Two check-in: All is going well. This morning I made the dark chocolate drink with a little almond extract and crushed ice and it was delicious!

Thankfully, I am having no problem getting all my water in. I did have trouble with the veggies yesterday, but will try harder today. One thing my counselor told me was that I MUST get in all my snacks. I was having trouble last week getting in the evening snack. So, that is my goal this week - SNACK!

The cravings for pasta, bread and pizza are going away - slowly - but still going away. When you lose 6 pounds in one week, that is motivation to keep going!

EVERYONE have a wonderful day!
mom3girls63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:47 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Good morning everybody! It's a rainy, cold morning here. We do need the rain though...the creek had been dry for a good 9 months...

I finished painting the inside of my enclosed back porch. Today I move things around there to organize a bit, then probably back down to the basement. It has two rooms, and the one is clean but the other has tons of construction and painting supplies that need sorting.

No rest for me! But, I think I'll do some cooking too. Got some fresh rhubarb yesterday so I'll make more flat bread, and try some other new recipes as well.

Hope you all have a great Monday and enjoy!
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Back to the grind today! I am anxious at what the day at work will bring after being at a conference all week. I have issues with anxiety so I really need to watch this today. I have my lunch bag packed with all my daily food so I am set!!

Hope everyone has a super day......I am hoping to check in tonight! Thank you for all who gave me supportive comments upon my return on Saturday. It was so nice to come home to, and one of the reasons it has been a great process getting back OP!
mtnsun4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:59 AM   #10  

S/C/G: See Ticker....getting there!

Height: 5'4"

I WILL BE 100% OP this week. I will.

Today was week 4 weigh in....I only lost 2 pounds since last week. But, "only" is relative. Overall I've lost 14 pounds and 24 inches in 4 weeks. I am very happy.

1. My TOM was a week late. I'm right in the midst of it now, and I feel like it has affected my pounds lost for two weeks. Has anyone else experienced this?
2. I have always had big calves, so I asked my coach to measure them as well. When I report my inches lost in includes:
Chest
Arm
Waist
Hips
Thigh
Calf
What does everyone else use?

Happy Monday! Good luck to all.

28 Days and feeling good.
Manda Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:07 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Very excited, going for WI #4 at 9am. Last week when I got home from my wi, I took the batteries out and told dh to hide that damn metal thing with numbers on. So my WI's will be surprises for me from now on. I feel like I lost this week, I can feel my hip bones and those two little pouches of fat under the breast are gone Will let you know my results when I get back. Oh yes, going to go grocery shopping and dentist appt' later this afteroon too.

Have a great day all!

Last edited by ProteinGal; 04-30-2012 at 09:07 AM.
ProteinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:11 AM   #12  
Started IP 3/26/12

Good morning to everyone. I'm starting a cleanse today. Have pondered about it for the last couple of weeks, and decided to go ahead. I've read it's recommended to do this after approximately the first month on the program - I'm about to begin Week 6. There seems to be a fair amount of conflicting opinion about whether or not these are ultimately helpful... but I've decided to go ahead. If I can help my body flush out more fat & toxins, then so-be-it.

Should be an otherwise uneventful day at CasaEvepet. Business and life much as usual. If I get feeling energetic, I may lug the old soil from my balcony containers to a nearby patch of empty lot and dump it there, to start getting things ready for planting seeds in a few weeks time. It's heavy of course, so I'll definitely be using some muscles in the process. I'm 90% sure I'm going to concentrate on having a veggie container garden with just a few flowers this summer. Might as well grow things I can eat. I like growing things and gardening, so it will be a fun - and edible - hobby for me.

OK - my timer just dinged - I took my morning 'cleanse' pill 1/2 hour ago, and now it's time for my breakfast and some black decaf coffee.

Everyone have a great 100% IP Day. I'll be for sure checking in later. (I'm addicted.... ) At least this is a helpful addiction.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #13  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Good morning everybody! It's a rainy, cold morning here. We do need the rain though...the creek had been dry for a good 9 months...

I finished painting the inside of my enclosed back porch. Today I move things around there to organize a bit, then probably back down to the basement. It has two rooms, and the one is clean but the other has tons of construction and painting supplies that need sorting.

No rest for me! But, I think I'll do some cooking too. Got some fresh rhubarb yesterday so I'll make more flat bread, and try some other new recipes as well.

Hope you all have a great Monday and enjoy!
Sounds like another busy day for you Sewmam. I certainly do respect your discipline, to get on with these jobs and progress towards your goal. I do know from my own home-selling experience, that there's nothing like wanting to get your house ready to sell at it's best to inspire those get-it-done-no-matter-what days.

I know you posted your recipe for the rhubarb flatbread, but I've lost track of where it might be. Now that I've got some rhubarb in stock, I'd love to try it. I believe it's Phase 1 appropriate? If you don't mind, could you post it again... or is it archived somewhere now? Thx.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:17 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 195/162/135 Before IP 225

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone. I just want to wish everyone a wonderful Monday and that you all stay 100% OP. It sounds like everyone is getting ready for the week and so am I. See you later.....
Darralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:24 AM   #15  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda Marie View Post
I WILL BE 100% OP this week. I will.

Today was week 4 weigh in....I only lost 2 pounds since last week. But, "only" is relative. Overall I've lost 14 pounds and 24 inches in 4 weeks. I am very happy.

1. My TOM was a week late. I'm right in the midst of it now, and I feel like it has affected my pounds lost for two weeks. Has anyone else experienced this?
2. I have always had big calves, so I asked my coach to measure them as well. When I report my inches lost in includes:
Chest
Arm
Waist
Hips
Thigh
Calf
What does everyone else use?

Happy Monday! Good luck to all.

28 Days and feeling good.
My chest, waist, butt and thigh are measured every week. I've lost 50 inches so far.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote