Old 04-29-2012, 05:01 PM   #1  
~Kelly~

S/C/G: 229.4/189.4/150

Height: 5'5

Default Thank you

I just want to say thank you for all your support. It really means a lot to me. I did want to give up on Friday. I wanted to throw in the towel and just be done, go eat a piece of cheese. But because of you I didn't. I took everything ya'll said to heart and have reevaluated myself. I was eating my 4 cups of veggies but I wasn't taking advantage of the free lettuce. I also was able to sleep this weekend and didn't feel like I had a million things to do. I have added some lettuce to my day and so far yesterday and today have been good. I do realize that I should eat when I am hungry instead of ignoring it because it is putting my body into starvation. I talked to my coach and she said to eat a hard boiled egg (just the whites) and if that doesn't help do another packet.

I wanted to quit so bad, but then I thought of my struggle and my life. I lost my mother when I was 12, she was 36 and in good health. I am 30 and am not near the shape she was in, not even 1/4. I have IR and have been told by doctors it will be the biggest struggle of my life to lose weight and it will take a very long time. I need to stop looking at the scale as a means of my health and start revamping my diet to help me.

I have decided to try new things and if I didn't like it, that is fine. I don't have to have it again. I started by placing a large order with WF. If you put in the code WW-Q1212-05 you can buy 5, get 5 free. It came out to about $3.30 a bottle with shipping and I am okay with that (well I guess I have to be). I am going to start being more inventive with my food and try to make things that I am happy to eat.

I have not strayed from program at all, and I am happy for that. My 11 year anniversary is in a month and 10 days and I told DH that if I am doing extremely well and don't cheat I MAY allow myself a cheat for sticking in there, so that is my motivation (I know, kinda sad right!!)

Sorry this is so long. I just wanted to express my gratitude for this community.

Thanks,
Kelly
kmc1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:18 PM   #2  
Started IP May 1, 2012

S/C/G: 281/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I'm starting Tuesday and I can't wait. I know this forum will be so helpful in my weightloss journey, and I am already asking questions and getting answers. I just wanted to say thanks for the WF coupon code. I was just shopping the site and about to checkout, when I decided to take a look at the forum. What great timing! Good luck, and great job for overcoming those cravings!
0ojoyo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #3  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Hi Kelly, I'm really happy to hear from you - and I know everyone here who saw your post earlier will feel exactly the same.

So glad that this weekend is progressing better for you, and you'll feeling more positive about things.

Hang in there - it DOES improve. And be sure to be active here, soak up all the invaluable advice and support ... and feel free to reach out to us whenever you need to.

I'm willing to bet that by the time you get to your anniversary in a month & 10 days, you'll be feeling so positive and strong with your new program that you won't want to cheat. Take care.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

I've been thinking about you and hoping you stuck it out, so glad that you did. The thing I would say is to please rethink any possible cheat this early on the plan. Since I started IP last Sept. I have dealt with an anniversary, birthday, a cruise, a trip back home over the holidays and my Son's Bar Mitzvah. I haven't cheated once. I'm no hero, just really afraid that if I cheated once I wasn't 100% positive I could get right back on. Besides you are still early in the ketosis game. Do you really want to go through all of that again? All of the food will still be available the next time that special occassion rolls around, but this time you will be at goal.

As I always tell my kids, "Make good choices!" Then of course they roll their eyes at me. LOL.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 279.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'6''

So glad to hear from you Kelly! I'm glad you are here and remember you have tons of support just a few keyboard clicks away!
LSJ100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:50 PM   #6  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

You will have another anniversary next year so I suggest maybe instead of celebrating with food maybe you can get a pendant or bracelet, not only to celebrate your anniversary but to celebrate your weight loss. April 27th was my ONE year anniversary for being on IP, a couple of my friends suggest that I "celebrate" of course for them that meant going out to dinner. We did go out to dinner but I had a steak, salad and veggies. I celebrated but I also have a charm that I want to get when I have the money to add to my progress bracelet. Celebrate with something besides food, don't cheat, the food WILL be there when you reach your goal. Do you really want to set yourself back a couple of days to enjoy food and drinks for 20 minutes? I know my answer would be no but this is only my opinion
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #7  
~Kelly~

S/C/G: 229.4/189.4/150

Height: 5'5

Thanks y'all. I think you are all fit on the cheat, but I needed to have a reward for myself and that was the only thing that I could think of. When ds asked what I wanted for my cheat I said a slice of cheese, that's all! That slice would not be worth what I went through my first 10 days so I probably won't do it!

I don't do jewelry and we don't have money for that or anything else but I am a scrapbooker, card maker and have been doing some photography so maybe a new cricut cartridge will be my new goal.

I don't think I can say thank you enough to everyone.
kmc1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

So glad to see you come back kelly because I was thinking about you too since you posted.

The thing I wanted to tell you was to be sure you are getting absolutely everything allowed in. Cutting back on anything slows your progress. So keep going over your protocol sheet and checking that you are getting everything in in the amounts recommended.
Also there will be things you won't like 'right out of the box". But there are great recipes on here that are easy and totally change the package.
For instance, I don't eat the crispy cereal as a cereal but love it made into a pancake.

So keep your eye on your goal and you will be amazed how much closer you are to it in a few months. The first week is the hardest. After that if you are truly hungry make good use of the extras, especially the egg whites as your coach suggested.

Oh another thing. You did get an excellent price on the WF products. But again there will be some you won't like right out of the bottle. There are folks on here who do wonders in doctoring things up. So if you buy a WF product and don't like it, ask on here if anyone has any suggestions on how to improve it.
There is lots of support available here, so glad you came back to benefit from it.

Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:41 PM   #9  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Kelly, I was also thinking about you.. I am sooo happy you stayed the course. you will be happy too. Congrats to you for sticking it out. You will be fine.
Cadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Kelly,
I'm so glad you decided to recommit yourself! Please try to hang in - once you start seeing results, you will find that nothing will stop you from discovering the new 'you' hidden inside. So many of us talk about new confidence and increased self-esteem - that's worth so much more than a glass of champagne, slice of cheesecake, or some french fries!
Good luck to you!
Dakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:32 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmc1021 View Post

Kelly
Kelly,
Been thinking about you also. I echo what everyone has already said. Also like the idea of rewarding yourself w/ a circuit cartridge, not food! That cartridge will bring you joy long after that piece of cheese is gone!

You made a great decision!

Last edited by Chloe222; 04-29-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Quote:
Sorry this is so long. I just wanted to express my gratitude for this community.

Thanks,
Kelly[/COLOR]
Kelly, I haven't been able to be on the boards too much the past couple days, but I wanted to tell you that your post has inspired me. Thank you so much, and I hope you are proud of yourself. This is real growth and I'm so happy for you! You can do anything now!!!!!
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:27 PM   #13  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Kelly, Thank you for updating us on how you are doing. Nothing breeds success like success, so hang in there and you will get stronger every day. You're already thinking ahead to your anniversary in a month, when just a day or two ago you were in a place where you couldn't even think about continuing another day. The first week or two are the hardest so get through this and nothing will stop you after that! You are doing GREAT. Keep at it. If you are anything like me, one thing that keeps me going is that I will NOT let this be one more failure. WE WILL DO THIS!
3sisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:24 PM   #14  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Thanks y'all. I think you are all fit on the cheat, but I needed to have a reward for myself and that was the only thing that I could think of. When ds asked what I wanted for my cheat I said a slice of cheese, that's all! That slice would not be worth what I went through my first 10 days so I probably won't do it!

I don't do jewelry and we don't have money for that or anything else but I am a scrapbooker, card maker and have been doing some photography so maybe a new cricut cartridge will be my new goal.

I don't think I can say thank you enough to everyone.
Well there you go.....make yourself a scrapebook of your journey so that you can keep it as a memory.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:29 PM   #15  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
If you are anything like me, one thing that keeps me going is that I will NOT let this be one more failure. WE WILL DO THIS!
Oh so true! How many of us didn't want this to be just one more diet that we failed on, or that our family was having a hard time supporting us at first because we have been down this road way too many times before.

We can all do this, we are doing this.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote