Old 04-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs down Under Points = Weight GAIN????

How is this possible???? I was under my points 5 out of the last 7 days with 26 weeklies left as well and I'm UP 2 lbs as of this morning (I did have pork loin for dinner last night, but STILL should have lost) ?? I'm beyond upset. I've ranted here many a time but this is ridiculous. I've track EVERY day since end of Feb and only lost 8 lbs and now up 2???? What gives???? Can anyone that has experienced this turtle slowwwwwwww weight loss chime in with any advice before I quit out of pure frustration

This is so depressing to me. Please don't tell me I'm really eating more than I claim because it's not true. I was so proud by today because i had what I thought was a great week, being so under my target. Makes me not want to weigh in tomorrow morning
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/151/125

Height: 5'0

Your body is holding on to fat. This plan was designed for you to eat and lose, not starve and gain or even maintain. I sometimes notice that I lose more when I eat more of my weeklies/activity points. Please do not go under target. I'm doing weight watchers too, and we pay for this program, that means we use it the way it it meant to be used.

Weight loss is not suppose to be fast. We did not put the weight on overnight, it will take longer to lose. It sounds like your losing at a healthy amount. Do no starve yourself because you are doing yourself a disservice. Be kind to yourself. This is not an easy journey!

And google 'why the scales lie'. If you can measure your body and start tracking your inch loss too. Good luck
tinkerbell4726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:06 AM   #3  
Sally

S/C/G: 222.5/207.6/140

Height: 5' 3"

Don't eat under your daily points, your body will not loss the weight you want it to if you do. If for any reason your body is not getting the number of calories that it needs, the vitamins and minerals that it needs on a daily basis, it will go into starvation mode, it will hang on to and store each and everything it does not have to use, it will slow down your metabolism to be able to do so. You Have to eat ALL daily points, each and every day. You have lost weight, and you will, like all of us, have in our minds a great week of eating and see a gain on the scales. Most times if we really think about it, we see the error, to much sodium or something along those lines. Math is not my best thing....but since the end of Feb that is 8 weeks, so that makes 3/4 of a pound a week. One to two is what is a healthy average, so try eating ALL your points and see what happens. Do you go to WW meetings, or are you an online member, do you have access to the healthy guidelines they want you to eat each day? If not let me know, and I will get them to you.....Don't quit, that is the only time you fail, is when you quit.
Sallyannb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:19 AM   #4  

Thanks!
Yes, i go to the meetings weekly and LOVE my leader, she's such a motivator. I usually ALWAYS eat my dailies, never under. For some reason this week i wasn't too hungry. I've played around with my weeklies from eating all, to eating half, to eating minimal. I usually do ok with eating half and have stuck with that. Your both right, maybe it will catch up with me next week. I have to get to that mindset that regardless of the number on the scale i'm doing the right things each week, and the alternative would be MUCH worse....can't quit
Old 04-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 208/Ticker/135

Height: 5'5 1/2

Was the same when I started WW last March. I dont use up my dailies and sometimes not even my weeklies. So read some people's advice and started doing what they said about eating all the dailies up (eat 6x a day) and wallah!! I started seeing a drop on the scale. I know its hard because some days/weeks I see a gain and I get bummed up but hey this is a journey and I know we will see obstacles and challenges on the way but I know I can do it just dont give up. If ever that happens we are here (and family and friends) for each other for support and cheers!
myfavisblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #6  

As much as we'd like it to be, weight loss isn't instant. It happens over time. Keep following your plan and making positive changes and you will get healthier. With that, comes the weight loss.

You don't say how far under your points you have been eating. That could possibly cause issues, if you are eating too little. Before changing up how many points worth of food you consume, you should speak to your leader.

Whatever you do, don't give up!
missphalange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #7  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

Yup! I had been under points a little (3-4/day) and not eating my weeklies because I just wasn't very hungry and weight loss came to a grinding halt. When I figured out how many calories I was eating, it was often less than 1000. I started counting both points and calories last week and at 30-31 points a day and 1400-ish calories I'm stuffed and starting to lose again! Logically it doesn't seem possible, but it appears to be true.
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:35 PM   #8  
Sally

S/C/G: 222.5/207.6/140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahtha View Post
Yup! I had been under points a little (3-4/day) and not eating my weeklies because I just wasn't very hungry and weight loss came to a grinding halt. When I figured out how many calories I was eating, it was often less than 1000. I started counting both points and calories last week and at 30-31 points a day and 1400-ish calories I'm stuffed and starting to lose again! Logically it doesn't seem possible, but it appears to be true.
So hard to get our heads around that you have to eat this much food to loss weight. What fun...
Sallyannb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:14 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 270/134.8/135

Height: 5'2"

You really, really shouldn't be eating under your dailies, ever. That's the minimum you need for proper nutrition. WW gives you the dailies you are allotted for a reason - use them. And keep this in mind: you need to eat 3500 *additional* calories in order to truly gain a pound of fat. In all likelihood, you're retaining water or your body is holding on to whatever you give it because you're not eating all your dailies. Eat all your points every day. Get in all the GHGs and drink your liquids. Don't short yourself on food because you think it will make you lose faster, though - that doesn't always give the result you're looking for, as you found out.
jessper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:11 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 172/172/152

Height: 5'3"

What everyone else has said is great! You need to eat your dailies to meet your body's basic needs.

I just wanted to add though that since weight loss (not to mention day-to-day eating habits) isn't totally linear, you may show a big loss next week. I personally think it's OK to eat under every now & again as long as you're meeting your good health guidelines and eating when you're hungry/stopping when you're satisfied. You will probably have some days where you are starving all day and will eat a little bit more. It should even out over time. This is how the body is supposed to work. If you are listening to your hunger and satiety cues, you are doing it right!! Tuning out those signals is what got many of us here in the first place.
wickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:09 AM   #11  

Well i had my wi on Saturday knowing i gained weight. She told me i was down 1.2 lbs, i actually blurted out "i know your joking" lol!!! She said no!!! So your all right, lesson learned! I also know that my scale is wacky and i'm staying off of it lol!!!