Old 04-25-2012, 09:46 PM   #1  

Default Weight training and carb refeeds? ahhh

Hi there, I have been reading the lean gains guide and the fasted period isn't really a problem with me. OK I have a weird problem-I hate eating at my specific job and I LOVE to eat when I get home at 6-7 PM, thats OK with the fasting-actually that helps, but I am reading about carb refeeds and I want to train in the morning before my 9-5 job. I just ordered some BCAA and I might start taking that, but the whole biggest meal in the middle of the day makes me sad esp because I really enjoy eating at home. Anyone else do their carb refeed a long while (in the evening) after an early morning training? Is that very dangerous?

For instance, this is directly from the site:
6 AM: 5-15 minutes pre-workout: 10 g BCAA.
6-7 AM: Training.
8 AM: 10 g BCAA.
10 AM: 10 g BCAA
12-1 PM: The "real" post-workout meal (largest meal of the day). Start of the 8 hour feeding-window.
8-9 PM: Last meal before the fast.

I just want to make sure I am doing things safely before I get into training. For now since my knee has been doing better I have been trying out the exercises this week, but nothing all that intense yet.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #2  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I weight train and HIIT at 9am (for 2 hours) and don't eat at all until 5pm. My diet is very low carb. I'm not dead, or anything close to dead, yet .

Your body adapts! Unless you're training for a marathon or working out for half the day (at a very very very low body fat percentage) there is no need to micromanage to that extent.

If it works for you to not eat until later, don't eat until later!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 235/149/135

Height: 5'5

Keep me up to date on taking BCAA- I am considering taking it too
elleohelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:51 PM   #4  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

What is bcaa?
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:35 AM   #5  

OK so I just tried the BCAA. Branched chain amino acids. GROSS. And I got the flavor with the best reviews (watermelon). Like a cold melted watermelon jollyrancher. I can't...just no...just toss or give away. So grossed out and I am someone who loves sweets. Nope I will do this fasted (eating a little food in the monring makes me super hungry) with some caffiene and see how it goes. Ohgeez. it was so gross. so so so gross.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

That sucks you didnt like it can you explain what it is and what it is supposed to be good for tho?
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:31 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnkrckpixikat View Post
That sucks you didnt like it can you explain what it is and what it is supposed to be good for tho?
Hi, its branched chain amino acids
When adequate amounts of BCAAs are ingested they create their own metabolic pathway which results in increased protein production. This means more muscle tissue will be grown and muscles will be repaired faster.

-from muscle and strength
Old 05-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #8  

ahhh... I googled it a little more and the sites i found were all saying that whey protien was one of the sources with the highest concentration of the complete amino acids. So is the pill or supplement or whatever a higher concentrate then say my protien powder that is the pure whey protien or is it similar levels or what.

If its about the same could u find a protien powder that you like to get the same result? I love my syntrax nectar chcolate truffle i mix it with cold milk and instant coffee to make an "iced" mocha
Old 05-02-2012, 03:20 PM   #9  

Quote:
ahhh... I googled it a little more and the sites i found were all saying that whey protien was one of the sources with the highest concentration of the complete amino acids. So is the pill or supplement or whatever a higher concentrate then say my protien powder that is the pure whey protien or is it similar levels or what.

If its about the same could u find a protien powder that you like to get the same result? I love my syntrax nectar chcolate truffle i mix it with cold milk and instant coffee to make an "iced" mocha
I would but I do intermittent fasting so I try to limit my morning cals so my later meals can be bigger. For now, I'll try to suck it up and drink a little at a time, hopefully get used to it, or try doing it all fasted, but if neither of those things work, I nvr minded the taste of protein powder so I might go back to that.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #10  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

And that stuff is NASTY. I totally agree... I can't stomach it, either.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #11  

oh, so is it like 0 cals or something when taken as a supplement instead? I just started weight training so ive been trying to up my protien but its hard to get where i think i should be without either wasting cals on lots of shakes or eating a ton of chicken it seems... Would these help build/maintain muscle without dumping as many cals at a time?
Old 05-02-2012, 08:17 PM   #12  

Quote:
oh, so is it like 0 cals or something when taken as a supplement instead? I just started weight training so ive been trying to up my protien but its hard to get where i think i should be without either wasting cals on lots of shakes or eating a ton of chicken it seems... Would these help build/maintain muscle without dumping as many cals at a time?
Yup its 0 cals.

Oh Valrock yes yes it is! ;_;