Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Height: 5'6"

Default March Feather's Chat

Figured I'd start one!!

Hopefully we can get off the overeating train this month feathers!

I did well tonight at dinner with friends, just ate one portion of dinner while everyone else got seconds. I was also at the gym 5x this week!!
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for starting this, Lisa. Wowza to 5x @ the gym and what a victory resisting seconds at dinner. Hope that translates into a loss for you.

~~~
Went out w. some of the other symphony members after the concert last night (terrifying, but exhilarating, as they're all proper "adults" and I was also all on my own). Great experience in socializing AND I only had coffee (was after my 8PM cut off). Was expecting a bigger loss this morning, but am trying to look beyond it and move forward. Cals were super low yesterday, too, so I might try upping them a bit today to see if that helps.

Happy weekend, everyone!
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:29 PM   #3  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I ended up eating a ton of chips and dip before bed last night and consequently had funny dreams. I'm at work on a beautiful Saturday which is a bummer but I can always use the hours. This morning I had a, ummm, voluminous bathroom trip, and weighed in at 130.5. Made a protein-heavy breakfast of eggs w/veggies and a Greek yogurt. Hopefully I'll last until I'm out of work around 6-7 PM and can eat something home cooked for dinner instead of the sodium/carb laden food here.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:49 PM   #4  
say what?

Wow Lisa, 5 times?! Amazing! I was gonna cancel my gym subscription a month ago already but I still haven't. Maybe I should use it for another month... hihi. It really helped me a lot during the summer.

--

I am FINALLY back on track, it really was the hardest thing in ages after 2 weeks of not being able to get the right mindset. Now if I get back into exercising again the world is good. I am sort of scared to go running. But I have my 5k in a week so I really should. I know I'll not run for atleast 2 days before then because TOM is around the corner. I hope not on the run-day. That would suck bigtime.
philana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

No loss this morning, but I did have two glasses of wine and a light beer after dinner... gym has been going really well, I feel sore all the time so I'm assuming something must be happening!!

I'm seriously considering going more hardcore with intermittent fasting..like a 6 hour window or something like that.

Alexis - congrats on only drinking coffee while out, I would not have been able to do that!

Philiana - good job getting back on track

Krampus - sometimes if I eat badly before bed I also have weird dreams. Good work losing the 2 lbs you gained.
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:42 PM   #6  
I'm a princess.True story

S/C/G: 184.6/132.8/140

Height: 5'8''

Lisa : 5x of gym a week! you're an inspiration!

AlexisTrophic : nice work controlling yourself while you were going out!

krampus : Sucks working on a Saturday! And I feel you, I got chips last night with the boyfriend... Those sneaky little things make it so easy eating tonnnns of them

philana : welcome back on track Take it easy on your 5k training this week, usually coachs says to run a little but to not push yourself so your legs are ''fresh'' on the day of your race.

Hello feathers!

I'm a bit lost right now, (TMI TMI TMI) and I don't know what to do. It's a **** pooping right now. That week, I didn't go for like 2.5 days (and of course the 2.5th day was my WI day) and like since yesterday it seems I'm pooping my life. Any advices on that? I eat fibers, an amount that I think is enough but... is it really? Do you check your fibers amount and everything? Ah la la.

So today to change my ''I freakin gain yesterday because of a poop issue'' mood, I spent the morning cooking healthy stuff. I planned to cook much more, but it seems so much more easier on a simple list... I cooked Hummus with rosted pin nuts, a butternut squat/califlower/carrot soup, zuchini enchiladas, so chicken/potato thing to eat on pita when we'll go snoeshow tomorrow...

Pretty healthy.

But right now I'm baking my first ever cream puffs. Take that, POOP!
TurboMammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 142/ticker/122

Height: 5'7"

Hey all,
I haven't been eating too well this weekend... Weekends are the hardest! Went for a run today and feel pretty good- my lungs are good but my legs feel like rubber - I think I need to add some strength training.

Turbo - I feel your pain... I have ulcerative colitis and 'irregular' would be the understatement of the decade!
ShrinkingAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:50 PM   #8  

Finishing up a pretty full week (networking event, two rehearsals, a concert, and an announcement in church service today).

Had a freak gain Saturday to Sunday (151 to 154 with not a huge increase in cals) and that got me a little discouraged, but am committed to staying on plan for today. Done with eating and going to focus on de-cluttering my room.

Onward and upward!
Old 03-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #9  
Staying the Same

Hi Feathers, I'm off to an OK start today after eating greasy diner food yesterday (I was in a ski town with like 2 restaurants). No weigh-in but I feel gross and bloated, but I packed a healthy chicken salad with Greek yogurt and blueberries for breakfast/lunch. Aaaand of course BF's work is hosting some epic local-themed food receptions tonight...let's see if I can do as well as I did during Black Caucus Weekend when I successfully stayed on track while enjoying reception food!
Old 03-05-2012, 11:49 AM   #10  

Hey ladies!

It's quiet over here!

ShrinkingAmy : Glad to see another running in the group! And ulcerative colitis... I'm in a lab who work on intestinal disease so I get how you feel! Poor you!

AlexisTrophic : Freak gain are aweful. Focus and it will go away as fast as it came!

Had an okay weekend : I ate some really healthy stuff and did a lot of sport (ran 6k saturday and mountain snowshoe 6,3k yesterday) but I counterbalanced everything by eating a bit too much for dinners.

It's a new day, a new week... I'll try to focus this week. Gosh weekend are hard.

Have a great monday!
Old 03-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #11  

Thanks, Turbo. Just trying to keep that in mind. There is no way I could have gained 3 lbs in 1 day, especially eating around 2000 cals. Still at 153.6 this AM and it's bumming me out. I'm tempted to extremes: either binging my face off because "what the heck, if I'm going to be up might as well enjoy it" or trying to reduce cals down to nothing in an attempt to lose, which inevitable leads to uncontrollable binging, eventually.

So what are my other options?

Hmmm, eat moderately and add in some exercise. What a novel idea.

Last edited by Alexistrophic; 03-05-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:35 AM   #12  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by philana View Post
Wow Lisa, 5 times?! Amazing! I was gonna cancel my gym subscription a month ago already but I still haven't. Maybe I should use it for another month... hihi. It really helped me a lot during the summer.

--

I am FINALLY back on track, it really was the hardest thing in ages after 2 weeks of not being able to get the right mindset. Now if I get back into exercising again the world is good. I am sort of scared to go running. But I have my 5k in a week so I really should. I know I'll not run for atleast 2 days before then because TOM is around the corner. I hope not on the run-day. That would suck bigtime.

Same here. I have been soooo off track lately it just isn't funny. But I blame it on the new guy in my life hehe..

Anyone else feel they put on weight when inlove? I gained 3 pounds just from being inlone hehe. Oh my word. Silly me. Luckily I'm on track again, but now being inlove motivates me to look well after myself

Anyone on MFP? I count calories and the past few days my sugar has been crazy high. It seems that I can't even eat 1 banana and any otherfruit/yogurt because then my sugar count is over the limit.
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:22 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 142/ticker/122

Height: 5'7"

Weekends are not good for me... I have no control. Then yesterday I had to travel with my boss which meant more eating out. ugh. I haven't lost a single ounce in an entire week... grrrr....gotta get in gear. Going on a run today on my lunch hour.
ShrinkingAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:11 AM   #14  

AlexisTrophic : maybe your freack gain is related so sodium intake? Sodium make me gain so bad so quickly but usually takes a few days to go away... Hold on!

melodymist : my bf and I both gained SEVERAL pounds since we got together We're trying to loose them together too, now!

shrikingamy : have a good run!

Hi feathers!

I decided today to go back to tracking. Like REALLY tracking. I was on WW and kinda stopped counting the points and everything.. guess I got bored. But now I'm loosing at a snail pace (and we're talking about a freaking slow snail here!) and obviously 10 000 studies say that people that DO track loose more than people who doesn't. I think I'll give a try to calories counting for a few days, and at least I'll know where I'm up to in my calories intake. I'm probably eating way more than I think.

I'm also starting this thing of no eating after 8 PM... On 9 out of 10 occasions, I only eat because I just want to snack without being super hungry. And off course it's always nicer to go with the popcorn bag (only 90 calories, but still 90 calories that I could have spared!)

I wanted your opinion on some thing, Feathers. (watch out, it's TMI... again... I seem to only talk about TMI stuff these days...) TOM showed up yesterday four days in advance. And the month before it was 5 days before the due date. Since I lost weight/starting working out, I went from a 28-29 days regular menstrual cycle to a 23-24 days cycle... I checked online, and at 24 days, you're still in the normal lenght range. But still, has anyone observed some variation on their menstruel cycle lenght after loosing weight/starting exercising?

I'm kinda freaking out, if you do the math, it means I'll get 1 or 2 additionnal period week a year. And personnaly I'm not the girl who enjoy them so much and go play tennis, horseback riding of rock climbing like they do in the Tampax TV adds
Old 03-06-2012, 02:00 PM   #15  
Staying the Same

I GOT THAT JOB I INTERVIEWED FOR!!!! I'm so relieved I'll have medical insurance when I turn 26. Phew!

130.0 this morning despite all the reception goodies and eating a ton of chocolate before bed. I feel rotund - wonder if my scale is broken?

TurboMammoth - I haven't noticed a change in my cycle due to changing my way of eating/exercise, but then again when I began losing weight and exercising I was on the pill. Now I am off it which means I have unpredictable and irregular cycles like always.

ShrinkingAmy - Weekends ARE hard. Running on lunch is one of those things I always thought would be nice but never had the drive/motivation to do.

LisaTcan - A 6 hour window is strict but doable I think. It might be hard to keep up depending on your social calendar though.

philana - Welcome back on track!

Alexistrophic - Freak gains like that are the worst. Glad you're not going to throw in the towel because of it!