Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #16  

Height: 5'0"

sontaikle: I just read your goal story & pics. Man... you look AWESOME girl. Sounds like you had a supportive mom and lots of good friends, which was great for you. But, of course, we all know the hard work comes from within, and you did a FAB job. Really... just wanted to congratulate you. You're smokin'!
banananutmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:58 AM   #17  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Yeah, I'm really inspired by everyone here. And especially anyone and everyone who can manage to get to and stay at a lower BMI than I'm at!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:01 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 201.6/137/135

Height: 5'2"

This thread has renewed my perspective. It feels hard sometimes to be normal weight in an overweight world and if one is not well groUndef it's easy to second guess oneself. I have to constantly look at the numbers, which don't lie, and repeat to myself: I am simply normal weight, I am NOT underweight like some folks may insinuate...
Charin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #19  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charin View Post
This thread has renewed my perspective. It feels hard sometimes to be normal weight in an overweight world and if one is not well groUndef it's easy to second guess oneself. I have to constantly look at the numbers, which don't lie, and repeat to myself: I am simply normal weight, I am NOT underweight like some folks may insinuate...
It's pretty sad how the overweight world is pretty much all the English speaking countries...
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:24 PM   #20  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

I wonder how frame size adjustment works with this. As a small-framed Asian woman, I am already at the "close-to-underweight" BMI level with plenty of fat on my stomach and nontrivial quads... I find BMI calculator accusations of underweightness pretty offensive, because I know muscle weighs more than fat, and I am proud of my muscle weight.

Some ideal weight calculators advise adjusting the ideal weight range 10% up or down according to frame size, which puts me back in the solidly "normal" category, so that's what I pay attention to. Sometimes, we weigh more or less just because we have more or less bone underneath.

Last edited by lackadaisy; 04-24-2012 at 04:26 PM.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:09 AM   #21  

S/C/G: HW160/SW 156/CW125/GW120ish

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
It's pretty sad how the overweight world is pretty much all the English speaking countries...
Well, maybe this is an advantage for me living in Quebec. There are lots of very thin women my age (almost 40) and older. It really seems to be looked down upon for women to be significantly over weight, especially in the business world. I don't really have to worry about anyone saying I'm too thin at my goal weight. If anything, I'll still be pretty solid.
Only Me is offline   Reply With Quote