Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-24-2012, 12:26 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default why do I always do this?

I've lost weight in the past before but NEVER finish to my goal! I'm so close this time but I already feel myself giving up, eating bad things and saying "oh well, I have a nice enough body" BUT I know deep down thats not what I want, I want my goal!

I've NEVER achieved my goal weight in my entire life, and I just dont know why I keep stopping myself! I think I just feel myself getting tired/lazy of all this dieting business
luckystreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:50 PM   #2  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

First question you have to ask yourself is this: Is your goal realistic.

The weight range for 5'7" is: 123-163 depending on your frame size. That's a 40 pound range that is "ideal" for the majority of people of your height. Do you know what your frame size is?

If you don't, check here for rough estimates. And I mean rough as we are more than wrists and elbows: http://www.am-i-fat.com/body_frame_size.html

Then, do you exercise? if so, do you have an idea of your body fat percentage? I know, most of us don't but have you had a calipers test done? If not, see if your gym can do it for you. You may just be skinny fat and need to change fat into muscle to make yourself look the way you want to look. Just dieting probably won't get you there.

Your body could be rebelling because it's finding it's starving - so it's begging for more food. YOU need to figure out if you goal is realistic. Why the 130? My guess is it's a number you just have stuck in your head, but it might not be realistic and that's why you can't get there.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:26 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6

I know I need toning, and i don't want to look too thin, but I have a belly and a handful of fat around my stomach I just want to get rid of. I know I want a flatter stomach and I'd be happy, but I seem to always quit.
luckystreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:03 PM   #4  

Perhaps its because you are psyching yourself out-reaching it will be unknown territory and the idea of actually getting there can be intimidating. What is currently working for me right now is sometimes just not thinking about goal, but doing all the things that will help lead me to go. So I just think "today I will eat this much food, and work out this much" It helps me when I think about things that way because the end goal just freaks me out too much. I like to think "I will do all these steps, even if it doesn't lead me to goal because they are good for me in the long run."
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:07 PM   #5  

Perhaps you need more motivation to workout, try a more intense exercise routine. It seems to me that you're happy with your overall weight, you're just not too pleased about a few problem areas on your body. What works for me when it comes to motivation is picturing the end result. You could go shopping for a few items that would look better on a toned middle area, for instance a cropped top, or one of those bustier tops, depending on your style. Stick to your workouts until you're happy with the way those items look on you.
Natasha22 is offline   Reply With Quote