Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-23-2012, 07:11 AM   #1  

Default Unexpected moments when you notice your weight loss

This is my second thread. Guess I'm feeling rather chatty this morning. Anyway I had a moment last night, and with no shame I'm going to share. I was wearing pajama pants and I well scratched my butt cheek! I nearly always do the polite thing when at home and scratch over clothing, but no one was in the room so I just scratched my bare booty...and I was like omg! My cheek is smaller!! The furthest thing from my mind was weight loss and my butt size, but I couldn't help notice. Seriously I don't know why I hadn't noticed in the shower. I was so happy!!

Ok have any of you have a moment (maybe not with your butts. lol) that you were not looking for a noticable weight loss, but you stumbled across it at an awkward moment??

Oh I will add another TMI one. But as my butt has gotten smaller the toilet seat fits differently! lol you all know what I'm talking about!!!

Last edited by GlamourGirl827; 04-23-2012 at 07:12 AM.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:05 AM   #2  
Patience & Tenacity

S/C/G: 386/T/154

Height: 5'6"

Here's one that is really TMI.

I look in the mirror everyday so most of my body parts don't surprise, but I hadn't seen my lady part in months and months. I won't share how or why, but I was like, Woooooah! Look how much smaller!! I have lost weight! Ha!
FrecklesTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:06 AM   #3  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

I recently noticed that my tummy is caving in more when lying on my back, and my hip bones protrude more. It was the same situation where I had an itch that I needed to scratch! Sadly, the scale is not being kind, because i feel thinner, but the scale tells me another story. Maybe it means I've shed some belly fat, even if the pound loss isn't significant. I'll take it!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:19 AM   #4  

Freckles - the funny thing about these TMI stories, is you can't really go off the work or whatever and be like "so this weekend I noticed...." Its like having this personal victory that you can't share! That's what 3FC is for, IMO!! Because every change is one to celebrate.
Twinie, there's something about the scale that isn't always accurate. I mean its accurate, but it can't always reflect the body's changes.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: HW160/SW 156/CW125/GW120ish

Height: 5'2"

While pulling up my pants after using the potty the other day, I realized I could feel my hip bones. Yeah, not really a celebratory moment you can share with everyone.
Only Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #6  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

LOL! I've had similar experiences, but my favorite one is that my fiance sometimes forgets he cannot poke me as hard anymore without hitting some organ and causing me pain

One time he poked me, I said "ow!" and he said "Now that you're slimmer it's not as much fun to poke you."
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:31 AM   #7  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I had a job interview on Friday and when I was getting dressed, I realized I needed a necklace with the outfit. I was looking through my limited jewelry collection and realized a Silver necklace I bought in Tasco, Mexico 16 years ago would work beautifully. Problem is, I have never worn that necklace as it was too small for my neck. When I bought it, I also bought the earrings with it and always planned to have an extender made for it at a jewelers and never got around to it.

Well, I put the necklace on and now it fits perfectly and looked so lovely. My neck has goten so much smaller. My husband also commented that my thyroid has also gotten smaller since I've been on thyroid meds.

So, I just got a new jewelry item in rotation.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/135

Height: 5ft 3.5

Haha, I know about the butt part, it's like, where did it go? lol. A few weeks ago I was putting away clothes and I pushed the bottom drawer on the dresser shut with my leg sideways, and I looked and whoa! a muscle is popping up in my upper thigh and they looked thinner! I still have fat thighs at the very top, but I think that takes awhile to go. Sometimes I still feel at my heaviest and I walk by the mirror just to remind myself that I am not that heavy again. It's like a reality check.
want2bskine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #9  
Nutritarian

S/C/G: 289/257.8/125

Height: 5'4"

More from my change in diet than weight loss, but I noticed my skin has become incredibly smooth to the touch, very silky and soft, instead of dry. Sometimes I can't help but feel my skin all over. lol

I also noticed my boobs have become firmer. I used to drink a lot of diet coke and they were kinda dried up and shriveled inside, very lumpy. I stopped drinking soda and now they feel full and firm.
Laifierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:07 AM   #10  
God answers prayers!

S/C/G: 188/164/135

Height: 5'4

Just today this happened to me.... I was walking down the isle and I kept having to pull my normally super tight shorts up.... I didn't expect it because they usually are tight on me....
cbressler1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:17 AM   #11  
threenorns

today i finally got around to getting my bloodwork done (forgot my health card last week and then forgot the requisition and the receptionist had left so couldn't get a second printed out). i figured might as well weigh myself (206.5 - down half a pound but official is thursday) and went to the bathroom. the mirror there is angled for those in wheelchairs so i got a view of my profile from my bust to my knees and my stomach was almost straight down - the big apron flap is nearly gone! i don't care about the size of my butt or thighs but that apron flap is the one thing i've always found very revolting and yay! gone!
Old 04-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #12  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Waiting at the doctor's office last week, I hadn't ever noticed hoW little cushioning those chairs had but boy did I notice last Friday! Ouch!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

I noticed how necklaces fit differently a while ago, too. I also only have a few pieces and noticed that one is too long now and can't be shortened! Oh well. I'll live with that as a trade off!

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:54 PM   #14  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

One moment I noticed was when a pair of my workout pants wouldn't stay up at all. I remember when they were almost too tight!

Sliding around chairs or booths always brings it home for me, too. I eyeball the space and think I won't fit, only to find I do and I'm not brushing anyone or anything while doing it. That's a brain-bender!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #15  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Quote:
Originally Posted by linJber View Post
I noticed how necklaces fit differently a while ago, too. I also only have a few pieces and noticed that one is too long now and can't be shortened! Oh well. I'll live with that as a trade off!

Lin
Um, YES! Definitely a tradeoff I can live with
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote