PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 04-22-2012, 05:09 PM   #1  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Height: 5'3

Default Northern California / Kaiser

Anyone here have Kaiser? I do and my insurance won't cover fertility help. I'm wondering if anyone else has gone through Kaiser or can recommend some where else to go that can help.
Nicoyaangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:35 PM   #2  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Nope -- not Kaiser. But wanted to wish you well in your search!

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:50 AM   #3  
Fit before 30! 12/6/2013

S/C/G: 200ish/ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

I have Kaiser 
Northern Cali too

My ob gave me metformin no problem, where are you on you TTC journey?
Clomid? They should be able to refer you but yes, you may incur cost
MrsH2132012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 06:59 PM   #4  
HE'S my motivation!

Really?? They don't want to give me that. They want me to pay. Ugh!!! I'm currently trying to lose weight. I got my gym membership back but I need a gym buddy. I hate PCOS >.<
Old 04-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #5  
Fit before 30! 12/6/2013

S/C/G: 200ish/ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Are you seeing an Ob? Or regular practioner? You might need to present it to them in a non TTC way, metformin for PCOS IR instead of TTC

Is that what you asked for? Have they done any lab work?
MrsH2132012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:06 AM   #6  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoyaangel View Post
Really?? They don't want to give me that. They want me to pay. Ugh!!! I'm currently trying to lose weight. I got my gym membership back but I need a gym buddy. I hate PCOS >.<
Nicoyangel- See Dr. Shen. She's in Fremont. She is the best reproductive endocrinologist that Kaiser has, hands down! Insist that you see her. Don't see her nurse, Anabel Cheng us you are overweight. She doesn't like to help overweight patients that are trying to conceive, other then telling them to lose weight. Dr. Shen knitted about PCOS and she is the first doctor that prescribed me my Metformin. I used to live in Union City, but San Leandro isn't far. She helped me conceive all 3 of my kids and stay pregnant too. She's so awesome!!

I tried to add a link to her bio but I'm to new here to post a link and I had to remove it. Just google Dr Shen kaiser infertility Fremont CA and you'll see info.

If you see her, let her know Juanita Rosas recommended her and fight to see her, even if you have to wait. She's doing big things these days.
neeetapita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:13 PM   #7  
HE'S my motivation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeetapita View Post
Nicoyangel- See Dr. Shen. She's in Fremont. She is the best reproductive endocrinologist that Kaiser has, hands down! Insist that you see her. Don't see her nurse, Anabel Cheng us you are overweight. She doesn't like to help overweight patients that are trying to conceive, other then telling them to lose weight. Dr. Shen knitted about PCOS and she is the first doctor that prescribed me my Metformin. I used to live in Union City, but San Leandro isn't far. She helped me conceive all 3 of my kids and stay pregnant too. She's so awesome!!

I tried to add a link to her bio but I'm to new here to post a link and I had to remove it. Just google Dr Shen kaiser infertility Fremont CA and you'll see info.

If you see her, let her know Juanita Rosas recommended her and fight to see her, even if you have to wait. She's doing big things these days.
THANK YOU!! But did you have to pay extra to see her or would she be like seeing a regular doctor? Because they told me to see an infertility doctor I'd have to pay out of pocket because the insurance doesn't cover it.