Old 04-22-2012, 06:36 PM   #1  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

Default After surgery weight gain PLEASE HELP ME

I started having achilles tendon problems for two years ago. I had to change my exercises to different levels for two years now. However, I still managed to lose weight or at least maintain until the last two months. I was in a cast 3 weeks in Febuary because my doctor wanted to try a shot /cast that did not work. I went straight into surgery and now doing PT however, I have gained 10 lbs and really thought I was not going to gain . I did not realize how much exercising was helping me. It has been 5 weeks ago since surgery. I still don't have the strength in my body that I did have. I am so aggrativated about my weight gain. I was just wondering if you all might have some better thoughts on this sitatuation than what I been having.
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:37 PM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

The best advice I can give you is to just keep on going; plus eat as clean and healthy as you can until you get more mobile again. Maybe cut back a little, if possible (i.e. 100 calories a day) to make up the difference. You can do some upper body toning still; any movement (even with your arms) will burn a little energy. Can you dance in place, or are you restricted from walking and standing? Mostly focus on your eating and that should help some. When you are well again, then you can slowly up your activity level and attack that 10 lbs. Hang in there ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:29 AM   #3  
Focus

Thanks so much Justwat2Bhealthy ! I just need some words of incouragement ! Congrats on your weight loss ! Looks like you have walked the walk also ! I guess we all get down for dofferent reasons sometime or another. I will take your advise and eat healthier than ever ! I still have limitations hopefully they will soon be gone ! I have joined the BL challenge here. I think that may help also. I am a big fan of that show ! Thanks again and CONGRATS ! on your weight loss lose !

Old 04-23-2012, 11:49 AM   #4  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Since you can not burn the calories through exercise, you will have to obtain a calorie deficit by eating less... In almost all cases, anyone who has a deficit will lose weight. So yeah, changing your diet will probably help combat the problem. Good luck with healing properly. Surgery can definitely screw things up!
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:30 AM   #5  
Focus

Thanks for the support Candeka ! Congrats on your weight loss !!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 07:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

I'm sorry that this has been so hard for you. Please remember that your body is still recovering. I agree with everyone's advice. You will be fine and can do this!
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:39 PM   #7  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Ask your doctor for recommendations. That's what they're there for! If you went to a gym, there's the hand bike. Remember that crazy Bob-stalker on biggest loser? She used that. The pool always is good exercise for me when my AT flares up.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:57 PM   #8  
Changing for the better

S/C/G: 268/257/150

Height: 5'8"

*hugs*I. Have tendon issues with my ankles and feet so I am not supposed to do anything lower body but swim. It makes losing weight hard but not impossible. I do chair and bed exercises, swim when I can, and most of all watch my calories. Tendons can take a long time to heal-mine have been injured for a year(they are now doing to boot with me). Anyway I hope you can shed those pounds soon! Focus on low Carb if possible, I lose much faster that way.

Last edited by TiffNeedsChange; 04-29-2012 at 09:57 PM.
TiffNeedsChange is offline   Reply With Quote