Old 04-22-2012, 03:50 AM   #1  

Height: 5'9

Cool Hi, I'm new...

Hi, my name is Tabatha. I'm starting my weight loss tomorrow morning. I guess I'll take a picture. I saw a lot of you did that. I really have never told anyone my weight before, I've been big my whole life and I crave to be thin so much. I fantasize about it as lame as that sounds. So in hope that you all keep me going, I weigh 385 and I'm 5'9 and I've had 3 kids and a husband that stresses me out big time! My life is currently a roller coaster but I'm not going to let that stop me! I hope to make some friends and not be afraid anymore.

I don't know why but I'm almost afraid to be thin. I'm afraid to let myself be happy. Did anyone else feel like that? Did anyone else hold them selves back? I just wonder if I'm alone there..
Tabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:23 AM   #2  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

You're not alone, a lot of us have felt that way - either deep inside or sometimes right on the surface!

Losing weight doesn't make life better or all problems go away, but it can go a long way to repairing self confidence and teaching you much about yourself and all that you can do when you work hard and dedicate yourself to an end. There is a lot of mental work and permanent change that goes into losing weight and then maintaining that loss, but it is SO worth it. Welcome to the club, Tabatha!

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 04-22-2012 at 04:24 AM.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 175.6/Ticker/143

Height: 5'4''

Welcome, and good luck
Eurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 325/125/maintaining

Height: 5'6.5

Welcome to 3FC, Tabatha. :-)
I used to fantasize about being thin, too. You can do this. This site is great for support.
Ya, losing weight doesn't make you automatically happy...but, it does help. You'll be healthy and being healthy makes you feel great. I definitely feel like doing more, socializing more, I'm in better moods and I'm not self conscious anymore when I'm in public. And a lot more confidant!
Don't be afraid...embrace it! Live it! Get excited about it! You can do it!
KatMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 09:19 AM   #5  
slim endgame

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Tabatha hi and !!
You are at the right place we all are in the same boat (stories may be a little different, but our goals and struggles are common).
We are on a long journey now- the highs are oh so high and the lows are well...low.
I also NEVER discussed my weight with ANYONE. But here everyone understands we all have problems with our weight. We will be your biggest cheerleaders and that will be a huge motivator when the day's go by and you wonder why am I doing this again??
I also would set aside some time to have a long talk with your husband and family who live in the house with you. Especially your husband. Tell him you are going to need his help and you can't do this alone. I explained to hy husband in the beginning how important this was to me. It was not a whim. I wanted to be healthy and live to enjoy my grandchildren. And I wanted to look better and feel better. I asked him "if" our dinners were changed and there was more fish, chicken, veggies, etc. could he live with that? I knew if his answer was no, I would fix his crap- but still work on making better choices for myself. My husband was on board. Not only does he really enjoy his huge portions of grilled chicken with B-que sauce but all the huge salads and stuff. I cook light I just give him lots more. One night a month I make fried food night- and he enjoys that because he doesn't get that all the time- it makes it more special for him. I do find cookie boxes and little debbie cake packages in his car and accuse him of having a secret food affair on the side
But I bet your husband will help you more than you realize.
I would also take down all your measurements. To me this was really painful. I hid that diary. But watching those numbers get smaller every month was so amazing!! Those numbers moved down sometimes when the scale was sorta stuck at times. Take them from your arms all the way down to your calves. And just watch those numbers dwindle!
Drink lots of water, eat good healthy foods and take good care of your self. Be kind with yourself. If you slip up no big deal- tomorrow is a new day- don't give up.
Come here for encouragement, motivation and awesome advice from all these sweet very smart ladies. Congratulations Tabatha be ready to amaze yourself!!
goal4agirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:35 AM   #6  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to 3fc's Tabatha!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 11:41 AM   #7  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Tabatha!!!

It's not weird to fantasize about being thin at all! I would say just about everyone, if not everyone here fantasizes about it regularly. A lot of people have succeeded and a great motivator is checking out those posts here! Every time I think about binging or skipping a workout, I think about how badly I want to be thin and how it means a lot more to me than a moment of food satisfaction! You can do this!!! Good Luck!!!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 02:58 PM   #8  

Height: 5'9

Thanks everyone. I'm going to the gym today. In a few minutes actually. I've been a couple times already. I just wanted to make sure I wanted it as badly as I thought. I found that I did.

Thank you all for your support. I did talk to my husband. He is on bored and kinda calls me on making excuses. I appreciate that. The stress in my life is more about other things. I'm a pretty happy person. I'm not miserable. I was REALLY tired when I wrote that though. But thank you. I really appreciate all the support.
Tabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 03:38 PM   #9  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Tabitha ~ fantasizing and visualizing about your dreams for yourself is actually a great tool that can propel you towards your goals. I like to do that too -- many of us do; and I would suggest you continue.

As for being tired, we all have moments like that; and sometimes my DH irks me when he's in a bad mood (he has his reasons), so I just forgive him and move on. Today is a good day, and he is feeling better. Life is just that way. No one's life is perfect; we all have our challenges.

Glad that you joined us here; have fun at the gym today ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-22-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:01 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 256/251/145

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! Congrats on your decesion, it's the first step!
scarletmeshell is offline   Reply With Quote