Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 08:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 04/18/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by rissimo; 04-18-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning IP family!
Wishing everyone a fabulous day!!!
WI #4 for me today - I'm excited... I'm starting to feel changes in my body.

Does anyone know a trick to make WF Ceasar dressing more palatable? I think it's terrible, but don't want to throw it out.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

I was wondering when somebody would start today's thread....

Good morning everybody! Looks like another sunny day here, even if a bit cool.

I made great progress on the basement yesterday and will be ploughing ahead today. Going to get a pressure washer rented this weekend and get help to strip the loose paint off the exterior of my carport and trim, so I can then start to paint them. I wish this was all going quicker, but I am so limited in energy, I just have to do the best I can and never give up.

I'm a quilter/fiber artist, and everyday I look at facebook and see posts from 'fiber art now' that features incredible art, and I want to run and bury myself in my sewing room and create something, but I think...nope, gotta get the house finished, and someday you will be free to do that stuff again. A little motivational game...

Well, I hope you all have an exciting, motivated day as well! There...how's that for a lead-in !
Old 04-18-2012, 08:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Wow, I am the first to post today! Good morning everyone, happy wednesday! I lost 4 pounds this last week! Yipee, onederland is on the horizon! I had DH hide my scale yesterday for two weeks so I would quit weighing everyday. We will see if it makes a mental difference or not.

The weather here in Idaho is getting better. Spring is in the air and gardening is on my mind. Yum, think of all those fresh veggies!

I hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:11 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakin View Post
Good morning IP family!
Wishing everyone a fabulous day!!!
WI #4 for me today - I'm excited... I'm starting to feel changes in my body.

Does anyone know a trick to make WF Ceasar dressing more palatable? I think it's terrible, but don't want to throw it out.
Try adding some apple cider vinegar to it, or lemon juice. Don't throw it out yet - your taste buds may change in a month or two. It did for me.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Ha, I guess I was actually third to post today! Must of been a few of us waiting for the thread to open!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:12 AM   #7  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Happy Wednesday!!

Looking forward to WI this morning, I woke up feeling skinnier today.. whooo hooo.

Dakin, sorry I cant help out, I really like the WF Caesar the way it is. it is one of my staples.

Have a great day everyone and good luck on all WI's.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:13 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmongirl View Post
Wow, I am the first to post today! Good morning everyone, happy wednesday! I lost 4 pounds this last week! Yipee, onederland is on the horizon! I had DH hide my scale yesterday for two weeks so I would quit weighing everyday. We will see if it makes a mental difference or not.

The weather here in Idaho is getting better. Spring is in the air and gardening is on my mind. Yum, think of all those fresh veggies!

Congratulations ! I remember the feeling of utter amazement when that would happen, and I'd think, what did I do to result in that??

I love gardening too...can't wait to dig in the dirt!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:13 AM   #9  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Quote:

4 pounds! whooo hooooo way to go!

Last edited by Cadu; 04-18-2012 at 08:14 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:16 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadu View Post
Happy Wednesday!!

Looking forward to WI this morning, I woke up feeling skinnier today.. whooo hooo.

Dakin, sorry I cant help out, I really like the WF Caesar the way it is. it is one of my staples.

Have a great day everyone and good luck on all WI's.
Good luck Carol!

I keep picturing all of us, in various parts of the world, having a little chat this morning, each typing away at our computers, making plans for the day... kinda fun that we have this community!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:21 AM   #11  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewmam View Post
Good luck Carol!

I keep picturing all of us, in various parts of the world, having a little chat this morning, each typing away at our computers, making plans for the day... kinda fun that we have this community!
Thats hysterical becuase I picture the exact same thing...
Old 04-18-2012, 08:28 AM   #12  

Default Good Morning

Good Morning IPeeps,
I was so busy yesterday that I was not able to post. Had weigh in # 21 and am down another 2.6 pounds!!! I see that there have been wonderful losses this week so far, even if some don't think what they have lost is wonderful. But any loss to me is wonderful, no matter how small it is. We are working hard at this and I will take whatever it is....we have to remember that even tho it seems this way, we did not gain the weight over night and the weight will not disappear over night.

Good Luck to those who still have to weigh in. Everyone have a great OP day!!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:30 AM   #13  

Quote:

Congratulations!!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:36 AM   #14  
Restart IP 05/19/14

S/C/G: 370/349/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IPeeps,
I was so busy yesterday that I was not able to post. Had weigh in # 21 and am down another 2.6 pounds!!! I see that there have been wonderful losses this week so far, even if some don't think what they have lost is wonderful. But any loss to me is wonderful, no matter how small it is. We are working hard at this and I will take whatever it is....we have to remember that even tho it seems this way, we did not gain the weight over night and the weight will not disappear over night.

Good Luck to those who still have to weigh in. Everyone have a great OP day!!
I agree with this 100%! Any loss is a move in the right direction.
And CONGRATS to you on your WI. All of you who have been on the program for longer than me and are still steadily losing are such an inspiration to me. I get motivated everytime I see one of you post another SV!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:50 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 162/162/140

Height: 5'1"

Good morning everyone and hope you all are having a great week!

Yesterday, I saw on the news about this new diet that requires a feeding tube and wanted to see if anyone else saw it. A doctor puts a feeding tube in you and this is all you eat for 10 days. They say you can loose up to 20 pounds. The cost is $1500/10 days. I think I will stick to eating my IP food!!

Peg
Closed Thread